- Text Size +

Leighanne and I settled down at a table in a quiet bistro. We placed our orders and sat there quietly. I had nothing to say to her. My personal life was none of her concern. Just because we went to the spa together once, didn’t mean she was my best friend.

“Well since you aren’t going to talk. I’ll start.” She sipped her water. “I usually don’t put myself in the other guys business, but this is an exception.”

“Why is my relationship any of your concern?” I countered.

“If you are the cause of the group breaking up, you will have to deal with me. I won’t have you ruining my husband’s career.” Leighanne was such a bitch. She was only concerned with her husband’s job.

“I don’t think that will be a problem, but my personal life is none of your concern. That is between Nick and me.” I replied calmly. I wasn’t going to let her get to me.

“What about Howie?” She questioned as our food was brought to the table.

“Leighanne, I don’t feel comfortable discussing my relationship with you.” I took a bite of my salad. “I know you’re concerned about the group, but I would never let them break up because of me.”

“I just worry about Nick’s temper. He really loves you, Emma. I’ve never seen him like this with any other woman.”

“I love him just as much.” Tears threatened to spill from my eyes. “He means so much to me.”

“Then why did you sleep with Howie?” She questioned is disdain. I had a feeling that she wasn’t fond of me.

“It’s hard to explain. There’s just something about him.” I couldn’t explain it to Leighanne. She wouldn’t understand. She’s spent all her time loving Brian.

“Who are you going to choose?” She asked simply. Did she think it was an easy decision? I loved them both.

“I don’t know, Leighanne.” I said rudely. “It’s not as simple as you make it out to be. I care deeply about Nick and Howie.”

“Well you need to choose. I just hope you don’t break Nick’s heart. It would tear him up.” She placed a twenty on the table and walked out.

I was stunned. I couldn’t believe Leighanne had the audacity to just assume I would pick Nick to save her husband’s career. I didn’t want to be put in this spot. I was the only one to blame for this whole situation. I cared about both of them. In my heart I couldn’t pick one over the other.

-------------------------------

Nick was sitting with AJ and Kevin, when Howie walked in the room. He wasn’t sure what to expect, so he came in quietly. Howie was pissed at Nick especially after talking to Emma. He wasn’t in the mood to get into a fight with him.

“Hey Howie. What’s up?” AJ snickered. He just glared back knowing they were talking about him.

“What’s got you all pissed off today?” Kevin asked.

“None of your business. Let’s just get the recording started.” Howie walked away towards the sound booth.

“Prick.” Nick commented. “I guess he didn’t get any from Emma. After I rocked her world the other night, she won’t be going back to him.”

“Did you finally get her off?” Kevin questioned. He thought Emma was a dried up prude. What Nick or Howie saw in her, he had no idea? Sure she was pretty, but plain and ordinary.

“Hell yeah and she liked it.” Nick smirked. “No way she’ll be banging the Latin Lover again.”

Howie could hear the conversation and was pissed. He couldn’t believe Nick was talking about Emma that way. It was like she was just a piece of ass to him, instead of the woman he supposedly loved.

“You fucking asshole. How dare you talk about Emma like that?” Howie yelled.

“You’re just jealous because you’re not the only guy to make her cum.” Nick snarled. He was sick of Howie’s calm attitude.

“Nick this is the time or place to be talking about Emma. If you love her as much as you claim you do, you wouldn’t be talking shit on her.”

“I’m not talking shit on her. I’m talking shit on your ugly ass. You messed with the wrong guy. I won’t have you taking my girlfriend.” Nick stood up towering over Howie.

“I think that’s for her to decide. I’m not sure she would pick you with the way you’re acting now. You should be ashamed. Emma is a classy woman who deserved to be treated that way.” Howie moved closer to Nick.

“Guys cut it out.” Brian said entering the room. “Let’s act like grownups.”

Howie backed away and leaned against the wall. Nick sat back down. Things were getting out of control.

“Let’s just get this over with it.” Howie said and entered the sound booth. Brian and Nick followed behind him

“Holy shit! I’ve never see D so upset. He must really like Emma. That or she’s really a great fuck.” AJ commented.

“Nick will kick his ass. No one messes with his woman and gets away with it.” Kevin stood up.

“I don’t think this is going to end well.” Brian was worried. He had never seen Howie act this way about a woman. Nick seemed like he was going back to his old way. Brian liked Emma, but he didn’t like the fact that she was messing with the group. No matter whom she chose it wasn’t going to turn out pretty. Someone was going to lose. Brian worried that this would end a great bond between his friends.