- Text Size +

Sasha and were sitting in Kevin’s living room. Kevin was having a small get together at his house.

“So have you and Nick done it yet?” Sasha asked.

“That’s none of your business.” I replied.

“That means no. You know he’s not going to wait forever.”

Nick chose that moment to walk into the room.

“What am I not going to wait forever for?” He asked curiously as he sat down next to me.

“Umm…nothing.” My face grew pink.

“Emmers please don’t be embarrassed.”

I stood up and walked into the kitchen.

“Sasha is everything okay with Emma?” Nick asked in concern. He could tell that I was upset, but gave me some space to clear my head.

“You’re going to have to talk to her. It’s her issue to tell.” Nick sighed.

He got up and walked into the kitchen. He wrapped his arms around Emma.

“Sweetheart what’s wrong?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I tried to ignore the tears coming from my eyes.

Nick turned me around so that I was facing him. He wiped my tears away with his thumbs.

“I don’t like to see you cry. Was it something I did?”

“No. It’s just my past haunting me. Sasha just hit a sore spot.”

“You can tell me anything. I promise to not get mad. I have issues. My past has haunted me many times.” He spoke softly.

“Nick, I’m a virgin.” I blurted out.

“Okay.”

“Is that all you’re going to say?”

“What did you expect me to say?”

“That you don’t want to be with me anymore.” I answered honestly. I didn’t know how to feel about his response.

“Em, it’s going to take a lot more than that for me to breakup with you. I care a lot about you. I wanna know why you’ve waited.”

“I’ve had opportunities, but I just couldn’t. It’s not that I’m waiting until marriage because I’m not. I’m just waiting for the right time. I’ll know when I’m ready to give my body to that special man. I think seeing how sex ruined my parents marriage, I’ve always been cautious.” I explained.

“I can understand that. Do you think I might be in the running to be that special man?”

“I think so. As long as you are patient, it may take me a while to get to that point.”

“I think I can wait. Does it bother you that I’m overly experienced?” Nick rubbed my arms. I thought about for a few minutes.

“It doesn’t bother me, but I worry that I won’t measure up to all those women.”

“It will be wonderful and special. You’ll put me under spell and all those other women will disappear from my memory.”

I reached up and placed a kiss on his lips.

“Enough of that PDA.” We broke apart.

“Fuck off, J.”

“Who’s this beautiful woman standing next to you?”

“J, this is Emma. Emma this is my friend and brother AJ.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you AJ.”

“No the pleasure is all mine. What are you doing with a guy like him?”

“What is wrong with me?” He pouted.

“Nothing.”  I placed a kiss on his cheek.

-------------------------------

“Nicky here is a trouble maker.” Kevin joked.

“He seems too sweet to be a trouble maker.”

“Has Nick drugged you?”

“No. He’s been the sweetest gentleman I’ve met in a long time.” I smiled.

“I don’t think we are talking about the same guy. The Nick I know puts crap in sock and hides it in a drum. This is the guy draws pictures with sharpies on your face when you’re sleeping.” AJ tattled on Nick.

“Not my Nick.”

“Oh Emma. I need to take you to lunch and share all my stories about Nick. He’s not so innocent.”

“You are not taking my girlfriend to lunch. You stay away from her.” Nick punched him in the arm.

“Ouch, that hurt. Go to hell, Kaos.”

“I meant it to hurt.” Nick laughed. He pulled me closer to him. It felt good to have someone adore me.

I was enjoying hanging out with Nick’s friends. They were a good group of guys.

“Ashton, would you like to help me clean up?” Sasha asked.

“Sure.” I grabbed the glasses and followed her into the kitchen.

“I’m impressed Nick. You finally found a normal woman.”

“Emma is great. I’m falling in love with her.”

“You certainly are different when you with her. It’s a good change in you.” Kevin commented.

“Thanks, man. There’s just something about her. She makes me forget what an asshole I’ve been in years past. Emma makes me want to be a better person. I know that sounds cliché, but I feel like a Hallmark card.”

“You’ve lost it man. She must be good in bed.” AJ puffed on his cigarette.

“We have slept together yet.” Nick mumbled.

“What did you say?”

“We have slept together yet.”

“The original male slut hasn’t slept with his new girlfriend yet. I’m shocked.” AJ said. Kevin laughed.

“Go to hell. My relationship with Emma is different. We are taking things slowly.”

“There has to be more to the story than that.” Kevin commented. Nick knew that he knew more about the situation. He was sure that Sasha filled him in on Emma’s personal life. She was nice, but he didn’t trust her.

“That’s between us. I don’t ask you personal questions about why you cheated on your wife with Sasha.” Nick was getting pissed.

“That was a low blow, Nick. You don’t need to bring my shit into this.” Kevin’s eyes darkened.

“I wish you guys would leave my relationship alone. I’m happy. Leave it be. I don’t need you meddling.” Nick got up and went inside.

“That boy is whipped.” AJ cackled.

“I know why they haven’t slept together. She’s a virgin.” Kevin told AJ quietly.

“Does Nick know?”

“I don’t know.  He’ll be on to someone else when he finds out.”

“He seems smitten. I’ve never seen him like that. I’ll bet you twenty bucks he stays with her.”

“Fine. I say they breakup within the month. He’s going to get antsy once he’s in Orlando.”