- Text Size +

It was a rainy day in L.A. Nick was settled on the couch reading a book. I walked into the living room with two cups of steaming coffee. Nick looked up and took off his glasses. I handed him a cup.

“Thanks Emmers.” He placed a kiss on my cheek.

I sat next to him on the couch. We sat in a comfortable silence. I nuzzled against him.

“I love rainy days.”

“I love spending any day with you. I’m going to miss you when I leave next week.”

“I know.  We’ve spent everyday together since we met. I’m going to feel lost without you.”

“At least I’m only going to record for a few days.” He wrapped his arms around me.

“What are you doing for Thanksgiving?”

“I really didn’t have anything planned. I probably will eat with one of the other guys.”

“Would you be interested in coming to Colorado with me? My family is going to my brother’s house.”

Nick didn’t speak for a few minutes. It worried me that he was taking this long to make a decision. It was a simple yes or no.

“I would love to. I can get a flight from Florida the day before.” I smiled at him.

“That would be great. I’m flying in with my mom on the same day. Maybe we can time our flights for around the same time.” I pressed my lips to his.

Nick set my cup down on the table. He then placed his mouth on my neck. He slowly sucked up my neck to my ear. It felt wonderful. I had never had this feeling course through my body. Nick did things to me that no one ever had. I was lost in his touch. He quickly pulled me onto his lap and moved his hands to the bottom of my sweater.  My fingers moved into Nick’s spiky hair. His mouth reached mine. I opened my mouth and let his tongue enter. Our tongues moved together. My mind was over stimulated. Nick’s hands moved underneath my shirt to my breasts. I broke the kiss.

“Nick, I’m not ready.” I breathed heavily. I was embarrassed by my reaction.

“It’s okay Emma. I’m in no rush.” Nick ran his fingers through his hair.

“You must think I’m a prude.” I got off his lap.

“I think no such thing. Everyone is different. Every relationship is different. I’m not a horny teenager. I can wait until you’re ready.”

“I do want you Nick. Right now, it’s just too soon. You make my insides stir.” I admitted.

“That’s all I need to hear, babe. Now I think I need a cold shower.” He joked. I punched him in the arm.

My cell phone alarm went off.

“Crap. I’m going to be late for work.” I stood up and started looking for my shoes. I found them and put them on.

“Relax sweetie. Give me the phone number to your store. I’ll call Beth and let her know you’re running late. Then I will lock up for you.”

“Thank you. You’re the best.” I gave him the phone number and rushed out of the house.

-------------------------------

“Who’s the young man with you in the photo?” Mrs. Wheaten asked.

“He’s my boyfriend.”

“You make a nice couple.” She smiled at me.

I was working on a scrapbook page with photos of us. It was going to be a Christmas gift.

“Thank you.”

“He looks so familiar. I think I’ve seen him before.” She peered at me over her glasses.

“He’s a singer.”

“Oh, I know. He’s a Backstreet Boy.” Mrs. Wheaten replied. She was seventy five years old and knew who my boyfriend was. She impressed me.

“Yes. How did you know that?” I giggled.

“My granddaughters are in love with the Backstreet Boys. Jenna has his face plastered all over her walls.”

Nick stood against the entrance way smiling at me and Mrs. Wheaten.

“My other granddaughter is in love with Brian. I think Howie is sexy. Though I’m partial to the Latin guys. They are such better lovers. You need to find a Latin man.”

Nick couldn’t keep quiet any longer.

“I think she found herself a great lover.” He smirked. Mrs. Wheaten looked up in surprise. My face turned a nice shade of red.

“Well, well, well. Look who we have here. It’s the famous Nick Carter.” She walked over to him.

“Hello. It’s nice to meet such a beautiful woman.”

“He’s definitely a charmer. That’s for sure. Hi, I’m Ethel Wheaten.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He took her hand and kissed it.

“Nick sit down. I’ll be back in a moment. I have to ring up a customer.” I walked into the main room of the store.

“So, Mrs. Wheaten why does Emma need to find herself a Latin man?” Nick asked curiously as he looked through a pile of stickers.

“They are more attentive to the woman they are with. Other men just care about themselves.”

“Okay.”

“Emma is a gem. You better always treat her like the princess she is or else you are going to deal with me.” She looked Nick in the eye.

“You have no reason to worry. Emma is a very special woman. I would never hurt her.”

“Words are just words. Let you actions speak. I’ve known Emma since she was a kid. Her heart has been broken many times. If you break her heart, you’re going to have a lot of people to deal with. Emma is loved by a lot of people. No one wants to see her hurt.”

“You’re a tough cookie, Mrs. Wheaten. I care about Emma a lot. I’m sure you’ve heard all about my relationship in the tabloids. She’s different. Emma has something that none of those other women did. I feel things for her that I’ve never felt with anyone else.” Nick poured his heart and soul out to this woman he knew for ten minutes.

“That’s good to hear. She's a good girl.”