- Text Size +

Nick arrived even later than expected. He looked like shit. His hair was all mused up. His clothes were all wrinkled like he slept in them and he reeked of alcohol. I was not impressed, nor did I want to introduce him to my family.

“Sorry. My flight was delayed and the cab driver got lost.” He attempted to give me a kiss on the lips, but I moved away. Nick looked at me.

Gabe walked in the foyer where I was standing with my boyfriend.

“Hi, you must Nick. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Gabe stretched his hand out towards Nick. They shook hands.

“You’re Gabe. Emma has told me a lot about you. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He said sincerely.

“Which room is Nick staying in?”

“I have him staying with you.” Gabe smiled at his sister.

“Fine. Let’s go Nick.” I was annoyed.

Nick picked up his bag and followed me up the stairs. Once we got to the room, Nick closed the door.

“I missed you, Emmers.” He pulled me close to him. The stench of body odor and alcohol was enough to make me gag. I pushed him away.

“What is wrong with you? Coming here hung over is unacceptable.” I tried to remain calm.

“I’m not hung over.” He took a deep breath. I could tell he thought I was overreacting.

“Why did you miss the flight?”

“I went out last night with some friends. I got back late and forgot to set my alarm. I didn’t do it on purpose. I’m sorry.”  He raked his fingers through his messy hair.

“I looked like an idiot in front of my mother. She hates celebrities. Right now she doesn’t think much of you. I wanted her to see not every star is a prima donna.”

“I’m sorry. I wanted to make a good impression. Here, I go screwing up again.” He sighed. Nick looked downright gloomy. I could tell that he was sincere about his apology.

“Nick, come here.” I motioned him over to me. He slowly walked over. “I didn’t mean to be so harsh. My mom stresses me out. Her expectations of me and my life are over the top. She doesn’t see me for who I am. Nothing I do is ever right.”

“You can’t please everyone. The only person you can please is yourself. You’re mom is crazy not to realize how wonderful her daughter is.” Nick kissed my nose, then my left cheek, and my right cheek.

“You’re too sweet for your own good. You stink. Go get a shower and meet me downstairs.” I smiled as I left the room.

---------------------

“I see that your man has arrived. Where is he?” Victoria asked her daughter.

“He’s freshening up.” I answered politely. My mother was getting on my very last nerve with her attitude.

Nick walked into the room. He looked very handsome in his dark jeans and black fitted sweater. He had my heart racing.

“Nick, I would like for you to meet my mother, Victoria Warde.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Ms. Warde.” He took her hand and placed a kiss on it.

“It’s nice to meet you Mr. Carter.” She said aloofly. I could tell she had no desire to meet him.

“Who’s this fine specimen of a man standing next to my sister?” Steve grinned at my boyfriend.

“Nick, this is my baby brother Stevie. He thinks you’re hot.” I whispered the last part in Nick’s ear.

“Nice to meet you Steve. I’ve heard a lot about you.”

Nick and Steve started to talk. My mother sat on the couch with a sour expression on her face. I decided to go converse with my mom.

“What do you think of Nick?” I asked quietly.

“He seems okay. I’ve only met him for a few minutes. I don’t know why you of all people would be dating a celebrity. They don’t go for ordinary girls. He's just going to use you.”

Her comment stung. Wasn’t I good enough for any man? Didn’t she realize that someone could love me for myself?

“Thanks for the vote of confidence. Why can’t he like someone like me? Not all men want Paris Hilton.”

“Dear, he’s already had Paris Hilton and many other women. You are just one more notch on Nick Carter’s belt. I don’t want to see you get hurt. Women, like you don’t end up with a man.” My mother told me bluntly. She was never one to hide what she was thinking.

“You are a cruel woman. No wonder I’ve never had a decent relationship with you. You’ve torn me down since I was a kid. I’m sorry dad was such a jackass to you, but you need to stop taking it out on me.” I rushed out of the room.

Nick followed me upstairs.

“What’s happened down there?” He asked with concern.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I crawled onto the bed. I wished I had never come.

“You might feel better if you do.” Nick crawled up next to me. He wiped my tears away with his thumb.

“My mom hates me. She doesn’t think I’m good enough for you. Am I just another notch on your belt?” I asked, praying for the answer I wanted to hear.

“Emma, I care about you. In the past I dated a lot of women. Most of them I gave two shits about. I’ve changed. I’m not that guy anymore. I love you and I want a real relationship with you.”

Nick placed a gentle kiss on my lips. I could feel magic in this kiss. Sure, I sounded like a little girl, but I believed in fairytales. His tongue entered my mouth and explored every nook and cranny. My insides were stirring with desire. I wanted Nick. His hands moved under my sweater. He rubbed my stomach and moved his hands to my breasts.

“Mmmm…Nick.” I moaned. I had never felt this way. My body begged for more. I arched my back.

Nick pushed my sweater up and placed light kisses all over my stomach. My hands moved into his hair. Without notice Nick pulled my sweater off. He was placing hot kisses on my chest and his hand was grasping my right breast. His mouth moved to my left breast. He gently sucked on it through my bra. I lost my mind. All I could do was feel with my senses. Nick moved down my body. He hand went to my jeans. He started to unbutton them.

“Nick, we need to stop.” I sat up and in the process kneed him in the crotch. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry.”

“It’s ok.” He winced.

“I want you, but not here. Not like this. I want it to be special. I don’t want to make love to you because my mom pissed me off.”

“I want it to be special, too.” He placed a kiss on my check and handed me my sweater.

At least he was understanding. I think Nick really did care about me.