- Text Size +
Story Notes:


Thanks to all those that helped encourage and contribute to this story. You know who you are :)

Author's Chapter Notes:


Happy Valentine's Day! I think I'm the first to post in our next series of adventures for the bad girls club so here you go. Enjoy!

JULY 16, 2013


Our eyes met across the crowded room and I was lost in time. A long goodbye at the train station. The lingering kiss as the whistle blew. It's song the signal tearing us apart. A war I never should have enlisted to become a part of. It was as if I were living some sort of black and white movie you see on TCM or AMC but it felt like I'd actually lived it.

It couldn't be though. How was it possible to know someone you've never met yet know the feel of her touch or the exact color her cheeks turned when you paid her a compliment? Sounds crazy I know but I wouldn't have believed it if it weren't happening to me.

Luscious ruby red lips, a big navy blue bow holding her light brown hair away from her face. A white dress with polka dots matching the bow in her hair. Her crystal blue eyes glistening with tears. My heart aching as I attempt to brush away something I know I can't fix. Promises spilling from my mouth that I know I can't keep. The most passionate kiss my young lips have ever felt. The dreadful train whistle.... Oh My God! What the hell was going on?!

Must be insanity because I had to be out of my mine to actually believe what was happening to me. There had to be a reasonable explanation I deduced. Okay, I still hadn't figured it out. How could I when I really had no idea as to what was taking place. Of course there were other young couples saying their goodbyes but we were the last ones standing on that platform trying so hard to be strong but failing miserably. Good Lord No! Why can't I shake her?

There we were, present day at a charity event I'd help organize What possessed me to suggest a theme?
It wasn't like I planned to come face to face with something I couldn't explain. Maybe I was just letting my imagination run away with me. After all, we were all playing dress up from another time and era. I couldn't have foreseen the scenery unfolding in my brain. I knew I'd done some things in my past that made me question my life choices but I wasn't being given a choice here. There was a life I'd lived before. A life I didn't understand. Couldn't understand. Wasn't sure I wanted to understand.


She looked away coyly then pinched the straw at her lips before taking a sip of the cola she was drinking. She winked and it was my turn to blush. I never blush. Okay, this was absolutely nuts!
She had to be a mirage. Although she was a dead ringer for my grandma when she was young and I'd always been told that I could have been mistaken for my grandfather back in the day. See, I found some rationale to all the madness going through my head.

“Joe. Joe!” I heard Donnie's voice the second time.

I still couldn't draw my gaze from hers. “What's up?”

“Uh, we're on in five. This is your gig man. We're just here to help out remember?”

Man! I was going off the deep end! “Sorry. I'll be right there.” I thought he was going to leave but he turned back.

“What's going on Joe?” He'd noticed my obvious distraction

“I'm not sure I even know.”

“I know she's hot but even I could tear my eyes away from her . What gives?” As he turned my back to her.

I could still see her face though. The curve of her cheek. The flutter of her eyelashes. She was embedded in my mind now and there was no way around it.”Do you believe in past lives?”

He shrugged.”It's possible I guess. Wait.... you think you know her?”

“I think I've lost it Donnie. I feel like I did have one with her before. I don't know the ending but I remember her heart breaking because I was leaving her.”

“So you left her. There's a reason for everything Joe.”

“I know but riddle me this, how is it I know her name?”

“Maybe because you met her earlier in the night?”Donnie suggested but I knew that wasn't it.

It wasn't because I knew I'd have remembered a beauty as timeless as hers. A love that transcended all the ages. I'm a hopeless romantic. Sue me. You should all be so lucky to have found something so rare.”That's not it.”

“Okay loverboy, tell me what you think it is.”

Without hesitation, a name I hadn't ever spoke flowed as natural as day from my mouth.”Evelyn.”