- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



Thank you to all that have taken an interest in my new interest. Don't be afraid to let me know if you don't care for it as well. I'm a big girl


Dearest Evelyn,

I love you more than the moon and stars I see every night from the deck of the ship I'm stationed on.
There isn't a day that goes by that my heart aches and longs to be with you again. Your picture hangs on the headboard of my bunk so your face is the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing before I close my eyes at night. I dream of the last time I kissed you and held you in my arms. I'll be kissing you like that again soon. Very soon.

I have some leave coming up so warm up those luscious lips of yours because I'll be kissing them long after the last train for the night pulls out. Love you baby!



Yours Forever,

Joseph



I wrote that letter two weeks before I arrived and hoped that I would be greeted by the girl that made my life complete. I even sent a telegram with all the information of my arrival time. I looked out the window of the train searching for her face in the sea of women and families waiting for their loved one's arrival. There she was. More gorgeous than ever. The steel wheeled transport finally pulled to a halt and I grabbed my duffel as quickly as the rest of them. It seemed like forever to get off of the train as seconds turned into minutes and the minutes seeming to turn into hours when in reality it had only been five minutes.


Then there she was. Two months had been an eternity to not be able to hold her in my arms. Have her body pressed against mine. The feel of her soft, sweet lips kissing me. Dropping my bag, I pulled her into my arms and kissed my Evelyn breathless. She blushed when our lips drew apart. There was nothing wrong with kissing my girl but the fact that it was so bold in public made her self conscious. I knew that about her and I loved her for it. I didn't want a woman in my life that gave it away so freely. I also knew that we only had a short time to share before I was shipped off yet again and out of her warm embrace. Evie and I had been together a little over a year and a half before I left and I knew the day I met her that I wanted to spend the rest of my living days with her. I wanted to do it right but unfortunately that's another thing this war would not allow us to do traditionally. As we stood there staring into one another's eyes, I simply requested of her,”Marry me.”

“Okay.”

Apparently she thought I was teasing.”You know I'm serious.”

She nodded.

Wasn't she supposed to get all giddy and reward me with a...oh wait, there it is. Those delicious lips and wait, there's a new development. Her tongue slipping in there. Wow! She needed to stop if we were going to make it to our wedding night. I pulled away and she looked at me confused;arms still draped around my neck though. I ran my hands over her lower arm and said,”Not that I wasn't enjoying that Evie but maybe we should save some of that for our wedding night.” My heart sank when I recognized the disappointment in her eyes.”Which I would like to be as soon as possible.”

The light returned to her eyes but now she was worried.

“But what about rings and I have to have a dress and ...”She rambled and I slowed her down.

“I'll get the rings and you can wear that gorgeous white suit dress you have.”

“You remember that?”

“How could I forget it? You were wearing it the day we met.”

She kissed me once again.”So when are we going to make this official?”

“As soon as possible. We'll need to get the rings and a license.”

“What are we waiting for ?” She grinned and took my hand.”Let's get this done.”



Two days later, we became Mr. And Mrs. I was just as nervous as she was about this but for a different reason. I knew this would be the first time Evelyn was going to be intimate. I think you can understand my concerns as a man in love. I didn't want to hurt her but that was inevitable right? I don't know. I'm a guy.

As the bellboy moved our bags into the room, I swept her up into my arms and carried her over the threshold. I let her down and tipped the guy before returning my attention to Evelyn. The door was closed and we were alone. Completely and undisturbed alone. This was it. I turned to find her sitting on the edge of the bed and joined her.”You know we can wait a little while if you want. I-” She cut me off with her finger over my lips and softly smiled.

Without so much as a word, she stood and started casting her clothes aside. First, her gloves. Finger by delicate fingers, she parted with them. The jacket was the next go. She flung it across the room. She sleeveless dress came next. She turned her back to me and eased the zipper down. Inch by inch, she slowly eased out of it until it settled around her ankles. Kicking it aside, she eased out of the slip, her body putting the strain in my uniform. She continued silently and turned back to me. Resting her foot on my thigh, her eyes met mine as she rolled each stocking down the length of her gorgeous legs.

My breath caught and I thought maybe I was more nervous about this than she was. Sure I'd seen her in a bathing suit but it was different. I removed my uniform top and the undershirt just before she wrapped that silk stocking of hers around the back of my neck; pulling my mouth to hers. Her knee rest between my legs as my hands moved to her hips; languidly making that trip up her back I detached the clips on her bra as we continued our exploration of one another. Our lips separated as hers moved down over my shoulder and lightly upon my chest.

She reached down and unzipped my slacks; her lips moving back to mine. I got the feeling maybe she was afraid to touch me there or maybe she wanted the lights off.”Evie?”

Her big blue eyes meeting mine.”Yes?”

“Do you want me to turn the lights off?”

“I want to see all of you. Do you not want to see all of me?”

“Then why did you stop?”

“I didn't. I just did the legwork.”She teased and moved back onto the bed. She tossed her bra aside. I stood and slid out of my slacks.

My heart was racing as I moved over her. She didn't seem nervous at all and if she was, she was hiding it like an ace.”I love you Evelyn Theresa.”

“ And I love you Joseph Mulrey.”

I'd been with a woman before but it'd never felt like this. I needed to love every inch of her with all that I had. I wanted it to be good for her as well. My lips explored every inch of her body. Her fingers tangling in my hair as I wrapped my lips around a nipple; tugging ever so gently. Her fair skin delicately scented with lavender as my tongue slid down over her stomach; circling her belly button. I looked up to find anticipation in her eyes. I latched my fingers on each side and her hips shifted to accommodate me in my task. I let my lips take a journey over the length of her legs as I removed the pristine white garment. It joined everything else as did my remaining clothing.

Her body was wide open. She was offering herself and this is where I let the nerves get me.

“Let me touch it,”she uttered softly as her eyes met with what I considered one of my best parts and all guys say that but I'd never had a complaint about it.

Her tiny hand moved down and wrapped around it. Touching, feeling, stroking all the while my eyes never leaving hers. I was going to blow a gasket if she didn't stop though. I needed to feel her. Be inside her.

“Evie please.”
“You don't like that?”

“I like it very much but I want it be inside you.”

“I do too. I just was going to see how long you'd let me go.” Biting her lip.

This was my Evie? Maybe just a little shocked but as I said before, maybe she was using this bad girl to cover her nerves.”I love you so much baby. Are you sure you're ready?”

She nodded.

“I just don't want to hurt you .”

“I'd be more hurt if my husband didn't make love to me on my wedding night. I want you to.”

I positioned myself at her opening and slowly pushed in. She winced as the barrier of her body broke with my penetration. I took my time in entering her. I knew it was going to happen but we were man and wife and she was now a woman in the physical sense. I erred on the side of caution as my rhythm increased.

Her legs wrapped around me as I kept a steadied pace. Her fingernails dug into my back as her body tightened around mine; her teeth sinking into my shoulder as she hit that peak. I'd waited so long for this moment that my body being in overdrive, I joined her in that state of bliss. We lay there wrapped up in each other; quietly enjoying the silence before I asked her.”Are you okay?”

“I hurt a little but I'll be fine.” Kissing my shoulder.

We spent the next three days getting to know each other intimately before I had to leave. I couldn't have asked for more. I was serving my country and I was married to the woman of my dreams.