- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's Chapter 4, sorry if it took to long. Want to say thanks to the reviews that I have gotten. And I hope you leave a comment for this one.

Peace n' Love :D

HOW TO KILL A MONSTER

4

Instead of running for my life screaming my head off, I just stood there, like some kind of idiot. There was a living, breathing, monster standing right in front of me, standing at least ten feet tall, stuffing his face full of pancakes! (a! I knew I was right.)

He had a big feet and a long tail, it had the body of a gorilla, ten times that. It had a reptilian face and big beady eyes, kind of like bug eyes. It was cover in scales and fur. Its claws looked like they could cut through anything, its teeth reminded me of the saw that Uncle Bucky was using today. They were long and looked yellow. In his fur I would see that he had mud and leaves all trapped in it. A horrible smell filled the room, it smell like a junk yard and a swamp put together.

I felt like I was gonna puke.

“Nick, there you are, look we’re sorry for----” Of all the times you had a chance to come looking for me, ya’ll decide to come when I found out there was a monster in this room, you guys suck. Brian’s eyes widen in sheer horror. His mouth was moving but nothing was coming out. It was kind of funny, he looked like a fish.

The monster raise its eyes to us, cocking his head, he blink a couple of times. His nostrils flared as he took a deep breath in, he was smelling us! He opened his mouth and let out a loud hissing sound. Chunk of pancakes fall out of his mouth. It used its hind leg to scratch behind its ear. It continue to scratch until it pulled a big black beetle out of its fur. It looked it over before shoving it in to it mouth. “Okay, I think its time we go.” said Brian. He grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the room and slowly back away.

It jerked it head towards us, and glared. I didn’t even know that monster did that. Then it let out a deep growl, a very angry deep growl, kind of like the ones Kevin does to me or AJ, but mostly to me. He picked up his big clumsy looking feet and lumbered towards us. We ran, screaming our heads off. We bumped into the others, talking at the same times, not making much of any sense. “Guys. Guys! One at a time. What happen?” Kevin asked calmly. We both pointed the way we came, right on cue, the monster came stomping into roaring and hissing all over the place. “Run!!!” We tore down the hall, down the steps, the monster hot on our trail.

“Aunt Rose! Uncle Bucky!” screamed Kevin. Where the hell were they? Didn’t they hear us? “W-w-where are they?” stammered Howie.

“I don’t know.” answer Kevin. “Check in the kitchen.” I ran toward the kitchen, seeing that there wasn’t any sign of them. “Maybe there out side.” said AJ. We all ran to the kitchen window and stared out into the swamp, but no sign of them anywhere. I saw that the shed door was open, but Uncle Bucky wasn’t there at all. Brian slide down the wall, on to the floor.

“Where are----?”

“Shhh!” shushed Kevin. “Do you here that? It sounds like a------”

“Car!!” we all shouted.

We followed the sound of the engine. It was coming from the front of the house. We ran fast to the front of the house windows, and peered out.

There they were! In the driveway! Backing up? Wait, they were driving away? What, no, that’s not right. “There driving away, Kevin.” said Brian.

“I know.” he started pounding on the window. “Wait! Don’t go!” We all scream at the top of our lungs, but it wasn’t any good. They just drove off, leaving us there, in a house with a huge monster that was looking to have himself a snack.

“Try the door!” shouted AJ. Kevin pulled and tugged at the knob, but it wouldn’t move. “Its locked.” he said. “They bolted it from the outsides.” he told. “We’re trap, they locked us in here.”

We ran to all the other doors, all bolted shut, or nailed down.

We all jumped when we heard the monster’s screeching, we started running, not knowing where we were going. Kevin ushered us to a open room, once all in he closed the door behind us. We started piling up things, to block the door. It started to remind me of an old Scooby-Doo cartoon. Once we had almost all the furniture up against the door, we started to form a plan to get out of there.

“We could always break the windows, and climb out.” suggested AJ.

“Most of the windows are up stairs and there are the ones on the kitchen and living room.” said Kevin.

“That means we would have to go out there.” said Brian.

“With that thing out----” The rest of Howie’s sentence was lost in a deafening crash from outside the door. Some of the things started falling off of the pile on to the floor.

“What the hell is it doing?” asked AJ. “Its trying to knock the door down.” I said.

We rushed to put the things back but each time the monster rammed the door, more things started to fall. We needed to find another way out of here. That’s when I saw something catch my eye from the floor. There was something poking out of underneath the small carpet. I removed it and saw that it was a little door. “Guys, look!” They all came over, looking at the door in the floor. “This is probably what Uncle Bucky was telling me about when I was younger.” He took the latch and pulled on it. Brian and AJ help. It open with a loud groaning noise. “Its too dark to see.” said Howie. “Who cares, just go in.” said AJ. The things that were once on the door, were now falling by the second. We all ran down, into the dark underground trap door. As soon as we were all in, the door opened with a loud crash.

“Its too dark.” I squeaked. Me and the dark are night friends. Bad things happen when your in the dark. Really bad things.

“Calm down Nick, we’ll find a light switch, some where.” said Howie. We all felt around for some sort of a light switch. But of course, when you have five guys in the dark looking for something, hilarity ensued. I couldn’t see, but I was sure that AJ kept bumping into Kevin, because he would curse each time at him. Then a light was flicked on. “Finally!” I cried.

“Where are we?” asked Howie.

“I believe that this is the basement.” said Kevin. He started pulling things down, things I don’t think he was suppose to be touching. He looked through box after box. “Yes!” He pulled out what looked to be a shot gun.

“Do you know how to use that thing?” I asked. It was only natural to ask, right? We don’t need him shooting one of our heads off. “Yeah, My dad taught me.” He started looking back into the box, he pulled out a small box. Ha! A box within a box, funny. “Bullets, I knew he had to have some in here.” he mumbled. He started to load the gun. “Your not actually gonna use that thing are you?” asked Brian.

“What would you suggest I use? Huh? This thing is the only thing that’s gonna keep us safe from that thing.” said Kevin. “Come on, we got to move farther in , there should be a way to get to the outside.”

We moved deeper into the basement. I hoped that Kevin knew where he was going cause it would suck so much if we got lost or something. “Look!” It was a stairs that lead upward. Kevin pulled at the little knob, but it would move. “I’m gonna have to break it open.” he said. “Well, then what the hell are you waiting for, go to it man.” said AJ as he patted his back. He took the butt of the gun and started hitting the doors knob. On the other side. I could hear the pound of the monster’s feet stomping on the floor. I hope that it doesn’t fall through or something. “You almost done there, Kev?” I called out. I was keeping watch of the door that the monster kept jumping on.

“Almost, just a sec.”

I saw the nails of the door start to fall. I think Howie saw it too because his eyes bulged in his head. “Kevin, I think it would be best if you hurry with that please.” he said through clutched teeth. Another blot fall to the floor. “Kevin, man hurry up.” said Brian. AJ went over and helped. Banging the door with a pipe. Another blot, and another, if Kevin and AJ didn’t hurry with that door we were screwed.

*CRASH!!!!*

“Um, guys we got company.” I said as I saw the shadow of the monster make its way down the stairs. “Got it!” said Kevin. He and AJ pulled it open and we all made a run for it. Howie was right behind me, just as he got to the top, he gasped when he began to be pulled back. I looked over his shoulder not so surprise to see that the monster had grabbed a hold of his foot. “HELP!!” His cry was drown out by the screech of the monster.