- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter. I want to say thanks to those who have left me comments, the more you guys say how much you like the story, the more I want to write. But I must say that I'm coming close to the end of HTKAM, so enjoy while you can.
Peace n' love. :D

HOW TO KILL A MONSTER

5

We all grabbed his shirt, all of us pulling to get him free. “Help me!!!” Howie screamed at the top us his lungs. The monster was pulling hard on his leg, at this point, if we kept this up Howie was going to rip in half. The monster put some of Howie’s foot in his mouth, which only made Howie scream even louder. I grabbed the gun and started beating the thing in the head as hard as I could. Each hit to the head it would let out a screech of pain. “Let go you stupid thing!” I hit harder this time and it let go.

We all fell backwards, hitting the fall hard. Kevin got up and quickly closed the door. He ran over to a piano and started pushing it. “Help me move this.” We all started pushing the piano over the floor door. We pushed until it was completely over the door. “We have to close the other door.” said AJ. “Way a head of you.” I said. I ran to the other room, quickly closing the door.

“I’m not sure if that’ll do any good.” I said.

“It’ll have to do for now.” said Kevin. “We need to find a way out of here.” We all ran to the Kitchen, checking the windows. Some of them were boarded up, others were bolted shut. I started wondering when exactly did Uncle Bucky have the time to do all of this. But then again, some of the windows were like this when we got here.

“What the hell man! This is so mess up!” yelled AJ. Yeah, I totally agreed on the account. With the screeching of the monster and our banging, I almost didn’t hear a car pull up. “Everyone quiet! Did you hear that?” I could hear a car stop in the front of the house. I heard the engine die down.

Brian’s eyes widen, and his mouth dropped open. “A car!”

“There back!” cried Brian.

“Maybe they brought help?” it was more of a question then a remark. I’m not sure Brian even believe himself. As we ran, we heard the engine start up again and heard the car rumble away, and the tires crunch down the driveway.

“Nooooo!” screamed AJ as we made it to the back door. We pounded and called out, but it was no good, by the time we had got there they were long gone. Kevin kicked at the door in frustration. That’s when I notice a two letters on the floor. I picked them up and looked them over.

 

 

We jumped when we heard a loud crash from one of the rooms. Then we heard banging, then loud hellish screeching. The damn thing was trying to break the door down. “Guys we need to think of something.” I said. Kevin got in front of us and pointed the gun. Okay, that could work, but I wasn’t really thinking gun. “Everyone get behind me.”

The monsters, as it turns out, had broken out of the room, and was on its way to us. We could have ran, but the only way to leave was bolted shut. He stood in front of us, snarled at us, not looking too happy with us at all. Hell, I wouldn’t be either, if someone had locked me in a room. It slowly came towards us, drool leaving his mouth as his showed off his razor sharp teeth. “Cover your ears!” shouted Kevin as he shot the gun, the monster ducked out the way, surprising all of us. Kevin cocked the gun and aimed once more, waiting for the right moment. He shot it again, but this time go it in the shoulder, at least I think it was its shoulder.

“Guys, move it.” we took that chance to run back upstairs into our room, we pushed the bed in front of the door. Kevin putted the gun down and began to pace the room.

“We need to think of something, I’m pretty sure its gonna just come up here and try to get to us through that door. So while were up here, does anyone have any ideas?” he asked.

We just sat there, not really knowing what to do next. What could one do when they were being chased by a monster? Nothing really, things like this didn’t usually happen to people, only in the movies. I sat back on the bed, putting my hands in my pocket, that’s when I felt the letters that I picked up from the floor.

“Guys, I all most forgot. I found these on the floor.” I said showing them the note.

“And when were you going to say something?” AJ was pissed. The snot was always mad at me. “I forgot, its not easy to remember things when you have a monster chasing after you. Anyway I think that its from your Uncle and Aunt, Kevin”

“They left letters?” asked Brian. I nodded, Howie took them from me. “Hey!” I reached out for the letter, but Howie jerked back. He held the paper tightly and continued to read. “Howie, what does it say?” asked Brian.

He ignored Brian. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and continued on reading. Mumbling.

I watched Howie as he read.

I watched his eyes move down the page.

I watched his eyes grow wide with horror.

“What? Howie what does it say?” asked AJ.

Howie started reading it out loud.

“Dear Kids,

We’re sorry to do this to you, but we had to leave. A few weeks ago, a swamp monster invaded our house. We captured it in the room upstairs. Then we didn’t know what to do with it. We didn’t have a car, so we couldn’t get to a phone to call for help.

I felt sick to my stomach and I could feel my knees started to shake. AJ and Brian were paler then they were before and Kevin eyes started to grow bigger in shock as Howie continued.

We didn’t want to tell you about the creature. If we did, you wouldn’t have come to visit us. And we don’t get many visitors, as you can see. We wanted so much to see ya’ll. But I guess we were wrong. I guess we were wrong to let you stay.”

“They guess they were wrong! They freaking guess? I can’t believe those people you call relatives!” shouted AJ.

Howie continued.

We’ve lived in terror for the past few weeks. We were afraid to let the monster out. It’s so loud and angry all the time. We knew it would have killed us. We’ve been feeding it, giving it food through the opening your Uncle made in order to feed him, at the bottom of the door. The monster eats a lot, but we make sure to feed him at all times. We’re scared not to.

We know it’s unfair to run off now, but we’re just going for help. We’ll be back as soon as we can find someone. Someone who knows what to do about the monster. We’re very truly sorry, goodness knows we are, but we had to bolt you inside to keep you from going out into the swamps by yourselves. It’s not safe out there.”

They couldn’t actually be serious, could they? That’s when I lost it. “Not safe out there?!?” I yelled. “They left us in a house, alone may I remind you, with a huge man eating monster! And they want to say that it’s not safe out there!!!”

Howie nodded and continue to read.

As I have said before, I and Uncle Bucky are very sorry for leaving you and not telling you all this in the beginning. But just remember one very important thing: You are perfectly safe as long as….”

Howie dropped the letter when we heard the monster let out a hellish roar, We heard its footsteps stomping up the stairs. I watched in horror as the letter started sailing through the air, I would have cried when I saw it slide under a desk. I would have killed him.

“Howie what did it say?” I started shaking him. “What did it say?” I got on my knees and looked under the desk, trying to see it. I saw it, but I wasn’t sure if I could reach it.

“Howie, do you know what it said?” asked Kevin.

“I-I didn’t look at that part.” he stuttered.

“What!” we all yelled. That’s when we all started pushing the desk out the way.

*Thump! Thump!*

The monster was right at the door and it was trying to get in.

*Thump! Thump!*

*Thump! Thump!*

Okay, we get it, you want in, enough with the thumping already, its really getting annoying.

I went back to getting the letter back. “Got it!” I cried triumphantly. Howie took it from me, once again, and started to read where he left off.

“You are perfectly safe as long as…..”

We all held our breath, waiting for Howie to finish the sentence. Waiting to find out how we could keep ourselves safe.

“You are perfectly safe, as long as you do not open the door and let the monster out.”

We stood there, with our jaws down to the floor. “That’s it! That’s all it says?” asked AJ.

“There’s a little more: Please, please, stay away from that room. Do not open that door.”

“Too late for that advice.” said Brian

If the monster escapes, you will have no choice but to kill it. That’s the only way.

He stopped reading and met our eyes. “That’s all it says.” I took the letter from him and read it over. This was so messed up. This was the last time I ever go with Kevin to visit relatives ever again. I don’t care if he begs me to go, I won’t do it.

 

“Um, guys, maybe we should do something.” said Brian. The door looked as though it was about to give at any minute. “The bathroom!” we all ran, closing the door behind us. Kevin locked the door, cha, like that was going to do much of anything. “There’s another door, we could go through it.” said Brian. We pushed on to the door, happy to see that it was open. It lead back into the hallway, and the only way to get to the stairs was by passing the monster. “We need to get to the kitchen I got an idea.” I said. We made a run for it, jetting to the kitchen. I grabbed one of the pot and looked in it, just what I needed. There was some soupy looking stuff in it.

“Nick why are we in here?” asked Brian. “And why are you carrying that pot?”

“The letter said something about him always being fed, so I‘m thinking we could make it something, kill it with its stomach.” I started looking on the shelves, taking each can down that I could use. I looked at the others. “A little help here?” They started taking things down. “What exactly are we doing?” asked Howie.

“We’re going to make a feast for a beast.” Yes, I know, its corny, but you don’t have to say it, I do. I looked over at a bottle of Windex, I pulled the cap off and poured it into the soup. Brian handed me dishwashing liquid and some bleach. Kevin put some green looking stuff, I don’t know what it was but it smelled horrible, Howie put some drain-clear, and AJ grabbed some ammonia. We put more things that would kill a horse into the soup.

I poured each item into the batch, taking a large wooden spoon and siring the food and chemicals.

“Nick, this smells bad, I think it needs something to hide the smell.” said Howie. He went into the pantry and came back out a jar a of some kind of brown powder. “What is that?” asked Brian.

“Cinnamon. Very sweet cinnamon.” he said as he poured it into the soupy stuff. “Much better.”

“Okay then what?” asked Kevin.

I didn’t need to say anything more as the monster’s footsteps could be heard coming closer to us. “We need to hide.” We hide in the large pantry, waiting for the monster to enter. We held our breath as the creature enter the room, sniffing the air and getting closer to the pot that I placed on the floor. He sniffed the refrigerator, the stove, and he plodded around the room, just sniffing things.

We watch as he stuck his face over the pot, letting his snake like tongue lick up some, he looked happy with it. He then picked it up and started pouring it down his throat. When he finished he dropped the pot and rubbed his stomach. “It‘s not working!” whisper AJ. “He likes it!”

“We have to do something else.” said Brian. That’s when the monster let out a loud groan. I opened the door just a crack, I saw the creature’s eyes bug out of his head.

A gurgling, choking sound escaped his throat. He grasped his neck with his two hairy paws. He groaned again. His stomach rumbled- a deep rumble. He grabbed his stomach and doubled over. He uttered a weak cry of pain- and surprise. He dropped dead, dead as a freaking door nail right in front of us.

“We did it! It dead!” We all literally jumped for joy.

“Okay, with that out of the way, let’s start working on a way to get out of here.” said Kevin. We went into the living room, thinking that our troubles were done with.

Boy, were we wrong.