- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the prompt that later led to the story "With Commentary By Yours Truly," which is posted in a seperate file here. :)
"Do you even know where we're going?" I asked bitterly, clamping my hand on her shoulder.

It was snowing, again, I grumbled to myself. The third or fourth time in the past few weeks. I shoved my hands in my pockets and let out a short breath; it was a pale puff of smoke.

"Just up the street... I think..." That was my best friend, as dimwitted as ever, trying to find her was around this stupid town. And yes, I said "best friend," what's wrong with that? Not every guy has to have some steroid induced jerk ass for a best friend. Having this girl has its perks, after all. I laughed a little to myself at the thought, making her turn and give me that deer-in-the-headlights look. Yeah, that's her, always off in her own little world of pink hair ties and crap boy bands. I let out a cough and looked back at her blank stare. "Well, did you write down the directions?"

"No, Laura said it was a 'huge green house, you can't miss it'!"

Which is great, coming from the girl who has an unnatural obsession with horses and military men at eighteen. I think she's blonde, I don't remember, but even more reason to avoid her directions. "So you don't have them..."

She blinked. "No." There was a long awkward pause, the kind where you know they want to say something, but have nothing running through their heads. "But..." I knew that was coming.

I put my hand to my face and let out a low moan, "She didn't give you streets or anything?"

"Well, it's a huge green house, you can't miss it!"

~

I watched the smile grow on her face

(yup, stopped mid-sentence and a squiggle!)