- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay so I got into fanfiction when I was about fourteen fifteen and loved how I could get so lost in it all. I wrote a few very bad fics myself, some were posted on fanfiction.net and alas are now long gone.

So I wrote a few crappy ones and left it to that. Then a few years ago I found that I needed a hobby of some sort, something to get me away from the monotony of everyday life. So that's when I decided to start writing again. It took me a while to get into the swing of things and my first attempt back was Always. It was only posted on her last year but it is now actually about three to four years old and boy has my writing improved!

So here is the crappy, cringe worthy chapter.
“Seven hours since you went away,
Eleven coffees, Ricky Lake on play
But late at night when I’m feelin’ blue
I’ll sell my ass before I think of you.” I heard a creak and looked towards the door where Nick was standing, hair dishevelled from sleeping.

“You know it’s rude to eavesdrop don’t you?” he grunted in response and fell into the couch beside me rubbing his eyes and sighing. “Head hurting? Well don’t expect any sympathy from me; I had suffer the couch for you!” I laughed as he groaned, still trying to wake up.

“You could have slept in the bed with me,” he yawned, failing miserably at flirting.

“Yeah we all know how that ended up last time, and plus with your snoring? No thanks,” I laughed writing down the lyrics in my note book.

“I do not snore, what are you working on?” He asked glancing over my shoulder.

“You do to and what does it look like I’m doing, blondie?”

“I like that lyric, sing it for me?” He asked, smiling up at me, a goofy sleepy grin that was one of the many things that I loved about him. No don’t go there, been there bought the t-shirt already, friends is good, friends is fine.

“Eleven hours on a brand new day,
I’m getting ready to go out and play,
It’s late at night; I’m caught in a groove,
I’ll kiss my ass before I’m feelin’ blue,
Seven hours what you callin’ for?
A bunch of flowers and I’ll slam the door,
You’re in my face sorry what’s your name?
Takes more than begging to reverse my brain.”

“Why you don’t sing is beyond me, Will.”

“Oh stop it, we’ve been through this and you’re starting to sound like my Dad, I don’t sing I write.” He was looking at me intently, god his eyes are blue today, almost as blue as when we… no stop it that was over a year ago and you’ve been good, but you haven’t been around him. Maybe this was a mistake, maybe I shouldn’t be here, but if I wasn’t here then I’d be at home moping about the ass wipe who cheated on me.

“You still there tree?” He asked a smirk crossing his face.

“Hmm, Oh sorry.”

“Not thinking of the asshole again are you?” He said rubbing my arm with a frown.

“A bit, but obviously this song is about him, so it’s nearly out of my system, its just missing something.”

“Well let’s have a lookie shall we? It needs a bridge” He pulled the note book from my hands along with the pen and began to chew on the nib lightly, a little habit he had whilst he thought. He was obviously singing it in his head and he began to bob a bit, making me smile.

“Why do cry –y-y?
For the guy-y-y
Say goodby-y-y
Walk away now,” he sang lightly.

“Thanks Nicky,” she whispered, but she looked away quickly trying to conceal the tears in her eyes. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to me; she didn’t protest and snuggled into my shoulder with a sigh.

“I thought we talked about this? He’s an ass, a big jerk, you deserve better.”

“I know, I just wish I would have figured that out before, thanks for inviting me along this is just what I needed,” She said lightly.

“No probs tree, it’s nice having a girl around I mean who else is gona’ pick up after me?” I joked and she smacked my arm in response.

“So this is what this is huh? Some ploy to have someone to pick up after your messy ass, I should just leave now and damn you to a life of messy hotel rooms,” she tried to keep a straight face but it broke into a huge grin that always made me smile. “So what are you going to do with your afternoon off, now that you have wasted the morning?”

“Chill I think, store up my energy for going out again tonight and you’re coming out tonight too” she tried to protest but I covered her mouth with my hand, “Uh Uh no excuses, you’re coming out and that’s final, ewwww,” I pulled my hand away after she licked it. Smiling up at me she giggled, her blonde fringe framing her pretty green eyes, she held my stare and I knew she felt what I felt.

“Ok fine but I refuse to sleep here again, you can suffocate in your vomit tonight and no tequila,” she said sternly.