- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is very first chapter I ever wrote for BSB fan fiction. I was 16 years old and it was only supposed to be this one chapter to win a bet. Needless to say, it was the start of my fan fic writing "career." LOL! I find it very "cringe worthy" compared to my latest stuff.
Kristin stood in her apartment in Orlando, Florida. All was silent except the sound of traffic from below. She sighed and plopped down on her bed. Her framed poster of Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys was on the wall beside her bed. I wonder where Rachel is, she thought. I hope nothing happened to her. Kristin bit her lip in anxiety.

Rachel and Kristin had been best friends for eight years. They had gotten an apartment together and planned on going to UCF for college. Kristin had moved away to Chicago while the two were still in high school, but now the day had come where the two of them would be together again. A smile came to Kristin's face when the thought of how much fun they were going to have came across her mind. Just then, there was a knock on the door. Kristin excitedly hopped off her bed and answered the door. Outside the door stood a girl of 5'1" with long autumn brown hair and deep blue eyes. She was highly in fashion with her light blue sun dress and black sandals.

"Oh, my, God! Rachel, how are you?" Kristin asked as she hugged Rachel.

Rachel laughed. "I'm great! Oh, gosh it's so good to see you!"

Kristin smiled and let Rachel into the apartment. "So, how was your trip down here from Missouri?"

"It was pretty good. A long drive, but I made it." Rachel looked around. "Wow, this is a phat apartment! How did you get it?"

"My godfather found it for us," Kristin said.

Rachel's eyes lit up. "That's awesome!" The smile slowly faded. "Can we afford this?"

Kristin nodded. "It's all been paid for."

"Are you serious?"

"Yup, all we have to do is pay utilities, groceries, and do well enough in school and he'll pay our rent."

Rachel beamed with excitement. "We're gonna have so much fun living here! Show me your room!" Rachel said while tugging Kristin down the hallway.

Kristin laughed. "I see you still have your bubbly attitude."

Rachel grinned as she walked into Kristin's room, which was neatly decorated with posters of BSB, mostly Nick. "I see you still like the Backstreet Boys."

Kristin blushed a little. "Yeah, I do."

"That's okay, so do I."

"Still nuts over Brian?"

Rachel laughed. "Of course."

Kristin snickered. "Come on, Rach, lets get your stuff."

Kristin helped Rachel bring in the stuff from her car. They arranged her room the way she wanted it. After a couple of hours, Kristin stopped and stretched to her full height of 5'8" and groaned as her muscles resisted. She ran her fingers through her shoulder length brown hair and sighed.

Rachel went out to the hallway and came back with a famed poster of Brian Littrell. "I think he's adorable," she said.

Kristin laughed. "Honey, you're nuts."

"Thank you," Rachel said with a grin.

"That wasn't a compliment."

"Too bad, I took it as one."

Kristin laughed and rolled her eyes. "I don't know about you, but I need a break," she said to Rachel. "I'm hungry."

Rachel smiled from her position on the from the floor near a bookcase where she had been stacking some books that she had brought. "You read my mind. Where do you want to go?"

"Hmm, do you want pizza?"

Rachel smiled. "I love pizza." She stood up and stretched her own muscles then grabbed her car keys. "Let's go," she said.

Both girls left the apartment and headed to the parking lot on the pretty mid August day that Orlando was having. They breathed in the fresh air and felt their energy being restored as they walked across the parking lot.

"It's really beautiful here," Rachel said.

"I know, I love it," said Kristin.

"We had nice weather in Missouri, but this is unbelievable."

"Yeah, it is. I don't think I could ever get tired of it."

Rachel looked over at Kristin and flashed her a smile. "We're in Florida. We can see anything or anyone we want."

Kristin grinned. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Uh huh. What do you say? I mean, we are two weeks early for classes. So, why not?"

"Hey, I'm game. I just don't want to look like a lawn dog," Kristin admitted.

"Yeah, me either," Rachel sighed. "Okay, I guess that was a bad idea, but I have to meet one of them while I'm here."

"Trust me, I know and I understand. But college isn't over for either one of us anytime soon, so we have a lot of time," Kristin pointed out.

"I know. Maybe I'll have a major figured out by the time I'm thirty," Rachel chuckled.

"You'll know what you want to do with your life sooner or later."

Rachel sighed. "I hope so," she said as she unlocked the door to her 1998 purple neon.

The girls drove downtown to a pizza parlor. They went inside and sat down at a booth and looked at the menu.

"What kind of pizza do you want?" Rachel asked Kristin.

"I like cheese pizza the best," she said.

"Okay, we'll have that then."

The waiter came over and took their order. Kristin and Rachel both ordered a Sprite to drink. Rachel looked around. The walls were covered with pictures of celebrities.

"This place is pretty cool," Rachel commented. "The pictures really set it off."

Kristin nodded. "Yeah, they do," she said while looking at a picture of the Backstreet Boys.

Rachel took a sip of her drink. "So, what classes do you have?"

"On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I have college algebra, English 101, and a P.E. class. What about you?"

"I have college algebra, bio chem., a P.E. class, and an English 101 class on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. On Tuesday and Thursdays have a music introductory class, another P.E. class, and a history class."

Kristin grinned. "I have all the same classes on Tuesday and Thursday except I don't have the music class."

"Cool, maybe we'll have some of the same classes together."

The waiter came and brought their pizza. Kristin and Rachel ate heartily then decided to leave. They put the tip on the table and headed out to the car.

"So, where do you want to go now?" Rachel asked.

Kristin let out a yawn. "I say we go back to the apartment and go to sleep. All that unpacking wore me out."

"Me too. Why don't we get a good night's sleep tonight and tomorrow we can hit the mall? I'm dying to check it out."

"Sounds cool to me," Kristin said.

"Alrighty then," Rachel said as she got in the car.