- Text Size +
AJ absentmindly tied his shoes as Brian lay on his cot staring aimlessly at nothing. This whole thing felt wrong to him. How was he, a fucking pop star, supposed to fight in a war? He believed in the war. He believed in what they were going to be fighting for. However, actually fighting for it is a lot different than supporting people who fight for it.

Nick walked back in from outside and AJ looked up at him. “Where you been?” AJ asked halfheartedly.

“I had to pee. Have you guys been out there? It is like so fucking hot, and that sun is so fucking bright. It doesn’t help that there is white sand everywhere that just reflects the heat and sun.” Nick started ranting. “There is no way in hell I am ever going to get used to that heat. It is literally unbearable! And the freaking toilets, oh my God, they are so rank. I had to hold my breath the entire time I was in there.”

“I went outside a few minutes last night. It was pretty hot then and it was like 3 am, so I can imagine what it is like now….Oh Alex, I talked to that corporal girl you met the other day. What is her name…Audrey?”

AJ’s head popped up at the mention of her name. “Really? When did you talk to her?”

“Last night. Like I said I went outside last night because I couldn’t sleep and I was just looking at the sky. It is really amazing here at night. Anyway, there was this strange circle around the moon, which I had never seen before and she just walked up and told me what it was.”

“A farmers moon….” Answered Nick.

Brian and AJ looked at Nick shocked that he knew such a thing. “How’d you know?” Asked Brian.

“Well I see them all the time when I am out on the water away from land. You have to get away from the city. All the lights and pollutants make it hard to see. Anyways, I dated this girl a few years back from so little country town and she told me what it was called. It is pretty amazing huh?”

Brian smiled and nodded his head “It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. And the stars are so bright.”

AJ shock his head as his two friends stood there talking about not so manly things. ‘And we are supposed to fight in a war’ he said to himself. He suddenly noticed an intense hunger pain in his stomach.

“Man I am fucking starved. Let’s get some food.” He suggested to the other two.

“Anybody know where the cafeteria is?” Brian asked.

“Yea, I met this guy earlier. He said it is called a chow hall and it is that way.” Nick said pointing in the direction the boy had told him earlier.

“Well lead the way, Nicky boy.” AJ said giving his best grin.

“Dude seriously it is not cool to call me Nicky out here. I am probably already gonna get hell for the blond hair, I don’t need people thinking I am gay too.”

“Thinking you’re gay? Why would they think YOU were gay? That is impossible. You are the manliest guy I know!” AJ said putting his hand over his chest like he had just heard the most absurd thing ever.

“Fuck off Alex!” Nick said coldly. He really did hate it when AJ did that. Even though he knew it was all in good fun.

The guys set off in the direction of the chow hall. AJ was quickly wiping the sweat that was forming on his forehead onto his shirt. Nick was right it was fucking hot out here. Every time he took a breath it felt like he was puffing on a cigarette that was almost finished. The heat fell his lungs and burned deep down in his throat and chest.
It took about five minutes to walk to the chow hall and the guys were eager to enter the building and get out of the heat. “Man that was vicious.” AJ pointed out as they retrieved trays for the counter and got in line.

The guys were surprisingly shocked at the variety of food they had to choose from. There was everything from hamburgers and hotdogs, to chicken and spaghetti. The vegetables and starches were an even wider variety. There was even a salad and dessert bar. And there was basically every type of drink you could possibly want, from Juice and milk to soda and Gatorade.

The guys choose their food and made their way to a table. Sitting down they began to talk casually about the things they were doing back home. “So Nick…” Brian began “How is the solo album coming a long?”

Nick nodded his head as he swallowed his food. “Pretty good, I mean I am getting my way a lot more on this one than I did on Now or Never. I am using a lot of my own material this time.”

“What about you Alex?” Brian asked as he looked at AJ. However, AJ was looking somewhere else.

There she was. AJ stared at the girl who was walking down the aisle towards him. His eyes were glued on her. He could hear Brian talking to him, but didn’t have a clue what he was saying. ‘She is coming this way. She is coming right towards me.’ He thought to himself as Audrey stopped at their table.

“Hey boys. How are y’all doing today?” She asked sweetly as she motioned to see if it were OK for her to sit with them.

Brian politely told her to feel free.

Audrey sat down and immediately began talking like she had known them forever. “So how are y’all handling the heat?”

Nick rolled his eyes “Man it fucking sucks! How in the world do people actually live here?”

“Just wait, you will get used to it. Before you know it, you won’t be able to tell 90 degrees from 120 degrees.”

“I seriously doubt that.” Nick said not convinced.

AJ still sat there looking at her. He just watched her lips move and her eyes light up as she spoke. Man she was hot. He had only been in the Army for 4 days and already falling for Army chicks. His mind went back to the last encounter he had with an ‘Army Chick’

There was only one week left before he would be leaving for the war, and AJ wanted and needed to get laid before he left. So being AJ, he got his buddies together and went for a boy’s night out. Pulling up to the Gold Club as looked at his reflection in the mirror one last time. Confident in what he saw he got out of the SUV and headed for the entrance.

The Gold Club is a premium strip club that he often goes to. As he walked inside with his buddies they were escorted to a VIP table in the corner. “Please let up now if we can do anything for you Mr. Mclean.”

AJ nodded his head and ordered a round of drinks for him and his buddies. Tonight, here in this club he was gonna pick a girl and bring her home….if they made it that far.

After watching girl after girl dance on the stage, AJ finally spotted something he liked.

“And now introducing fresh off POST the one and only G.I. Jealousy” The music started and the girl on stage began to slowly take off her military ‘uniform’. Pulling her long blond hair out of the bun she expertly ran her fingers throw it as she dropped her body down to the floor. Now in nothing but a camouflage thong she moved her body to the rhythm of the music.

AJ licked his lips as he watched her dance. He had always thought there was something hot and sexy about a woman in uniform but this blew his mind. AJ motioned for the bouncer to come over and requested a private lap dance with the GI.

A few minutes later AJ found himself alone with the beautiful woman in the room with him. She began to grind herself on to AJ and he could feel himself becoming more and more turned on by the moment. Watching her rub herself, he couldn’t help but think about how much better he could do it himself.
Pulling her head closer to him AJ whispered in her ear. “I would like for you to come home with me tonight.”

The girl pulled away and looked at AJ to see if he was serious. “I am sorry but I am not a prostitute.”

“Of course not. I wasn’t trying to insinuate that you were. It is just that well, I am leaving in a week to go to war, and you are really turning me on. And since I don’t have a girlfriend I could very well not get laid before I leave. Then if I die over there I may never get laid again. You’re not really gonna let me go to war sexually frustrated are you?” He asked with puppy dog eyes.

The girl smiled to herself thinking about the opportunity to sleep with a celebrity. As shallow as it may seems the idea was exciting to her. Licking her lips she brought them down to AJ. Pulling away she whispered “Your place or mine.”

“AJ….AJ….EARTH TO AJ!!!!” Brian shouted snapping AJ back to reality. “Dude what is up with you?”

AJ looked around the table at the three people staring at him. “Oh, I am sorry I was just thinking about something that happened before we left…..Audrey right?” he asked directing his gaze on her.

“Right…and is it AJ or Alex?”

“Either one. I don’t really care. Whatever you are more comfortable with.” He said smiling at her. She was really hot and smiling at AJ made him want to do bad things with her.
“So, what are you guys doing to get acclimated?” she asked.

“We have to do something? We have just been hiding out in the berthing out of the heat.” Answered Nick.

“No, no, no…that is a bad idea. You have to be outside. Try playing football or volleyball. You need to get your lunges adjusted to the temperature difference.”

“You go to be kidding me.” Nick said shaking his head. “I ain’t playing shit!”

Audrey laughed and then stood up. “Well I better get going. I have to go to the PX.” (AN: the PX is like a department store, on base.)

AJ stood up with her. “Want some company?”

She smiled sweetly and nodded “Sure, I guess you can tag along.”

Walking away AJ looked backed and wiggled his eyes at Brian and Nick as they shuck their heads in disbelief. That was AJ though. Always the lady killer.