- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow its been a while, I was so stuck. Plus I had no net, well, I still don't. I'm trying to post from my blackberry, please let me know if the formatting or something is wrong.

 

Had I heard right? Yes, I had heard right and I still couldn’t believe it. She had been with me for a couple of days and hadn’t bothered to mention a damn thing. Not until our lives were in danger.

My fists curled into balls. I still felt like hitting something. The worst part was that there was nothing or anyone deserving to hit. I was surrounded by paramedics, firefighters, cops and neighbors. Not the best candidates.

So cursing was about all I could do, to let out my rage.

Everything felt like a dream. The way everyone shuffled around me. The muffled voices. The spewing of the hose into my house. I could already imagine the whole fucking house soaking wet, including all my shit.

Fuck!

My eyes scanned the place, there was so much that Jenkins had to explain to me. And I wanted him to take the kid out of my hands. I wasn’t prepared to deal with this shit again. She hadn’t been around me for a whole day, and already I was a fucking wreck. Then again…meanwhile he came, I had to make sure to keep her safe and sound, till he got back.

She was huddled up in a corner. Her knees curled up against her chest. A blanket over her shoulders and her eyes fixed on the ground. Even though I was angry at her, a part of me felt really bad for her. Plus, I was convinced that I was…in love with her.

Someone placed a hand on my shoulder, making me jump. “The fire is out…you guys need to be more careful,” The older man gave me a sideways smile, then walked away.

I felt like telling him to ‘fuck off’ but they HAD put out the fire.

Hesitantly I walked towards the door, and put my hand on the knob. Inhaling strongly, I twisted it and walked in. My mouth fell open, and my eyes went wide as I looked at the place. I could hear the drip dropping of the water coming from the ceiling, the floor was flooded and my things…yeah…I can’t finish that sentence.

“Carajo…” Yelina whispered, as she walked around the place. Her bare feet sloshed with every step she took.

We both stood there, staring at the house. I couldn’t believe it. They had hosed down the whole thing, even though the room was the only place on fire.

“Bastards” I mumbled.

“Shit” Crystal muttered, making us both spin around.

Shit was an understatement. I was thankful the realtor had convinced me to add insurance.

Yelina and I had packed whatever clothes had been spared from being soaked. And all three of us were back in the car, and headed to the closest hotel. I would have preferred a motel, but due to having two women in my protection. I had to make an exception.

I’m not good with big hotels. Or anything big and fancy really. I like to wear normal clothes, shoes and I don’t think my house or car, would give away my wealth. After all I’m trying to be normal. Right?

I stood thinking about Jenkins, as I waited for the keys to the three rooms. Obviously he wasn’t a man of discretion. He liked to show off what he had, even if it wasn’t legally his. I just couldn’t understand, how he had kept that key or the money. Someone had to have noticed it missing in the evidence box. Then again, he probably didn’t tell a soul about it.

This was really making me mad.

There was two ways I could approach him and get that money back to it‘s owner. That way, I could go on with my normal life. One…I could just follow instructions from the mystery people and demand he give me the money. Then put a bullet in his head. Two…talk to him and see if I could convince him to do the right thing. I mean his family was bound to be in danger, as soon as he was back. If not already.

Would he really be willing to put them in that situation over money? The hell I knew.

We randomly took a key from the front desk clerk, she was grinning like a dummy. Her eyes shifting from me, to Yelina and then Crystal. I could tell by the crimson creeping up on her cheeks, that she was having some impure thoughts about me and my two sidekicks.

I wish.

Each of the girls snatched random key cards and started for the elevator. I sighed, and leaned over the counter and whispered, “You can join us later if you want.” She gasped, I gave her a wink and jogged over in time to hop into the elevator.

The rooms were side by side. Yelina, then me, then the kid. We mumbled some good nights and closed the door behind us. I looked at my watch and noticed it was only eight-thirty and I wasn’t close to being sleepy.

I hopped into the shower and changed my clothes. Maybe I’d go to the bar, and have a drink. My body was craving a drink. Which wasn’t a good sign, at all. I buckled up my pants, threw on my black vest over my white t-shirt and headed out. As I made way down the hall, I was tempted to invite the girls with me. I did have to keep an eye on them, at all times. With a loud sigh, I opted not to bother and just enjoy sometime without bickering or puppy dog eyes.

There wasn’t a quiet bar in the hotel. But there was a club, with music blaring into the lobby. Luckily, no one was in line and I was able to just trot in. I took a quick seat on a stool at the bar, ordered a jack and coke and looked around. People were dancing, drinking, smiling and mingling. Thy didn’t seem to have a worry in the world. No one was out to kill them or hurt those they loved. And If someone was, they were doing a hell of a job playing it off.

“Ouch that looks painful.” A high pitched girly voice interrupted my thoughts.

My eyes met with a pair of green eyes, and a flirty smile. Her hair was clipped up into a fancy pony-tail and her lips were a candy red. The black dress looked like it was painted on, and she wore some black 'fuck me' pumps. I couldn’t keep my eyes off her, and that made her giggle.

“Like what you see?” She smiled, taking the red straw between her lips. I watched her suck. I swallowed hard. My hormones were bursting through my seams. I cleared my throat and finally found my voice.

“Sorry I was just…admiring your…”

“Uh hum…they are hard to miss right.” she giggled again.

I wondered if she would continue giggling if I took her upstairs. Damn it.

I had two watch dogs upstairs.

“Are you hear alone?” She continued to sip.

“Not really…I’m…”

My eyes bulged out, as I watched Yelina in one of her skin tight dresses walk into the club. Crystal wasn’t far behind in a red halter top and a jean skirt, that didn’t cover much. I was more than positive the outfit wasn’t hers. Giggly didn’t even notice, I was having a stupid moment. So I didn’t bother, interrupting her. Anyways, I was afraid my voice would squeak if I excused myself at that moment. So I sat there, just staring at the twosome. While giggly continued to talk.

Wow never knew, I have the attention span of a gnat.

I turned towards the bar, downed my drink and ordered another one. When I turned back giggly was gone. In her place was Yelina and Crystal. “That was nice of you to invite us?” Yelina muttered. She bent over the bar, her twins exposed and her dress riding up to her ass. That didn’t phase her and she continued by ordering two drinks, I had never heard of.

“I thought you might be tired.” I shrugged and looked over at Crystal. Who didn’t have much of an expression. Her eyes were blank. She was just staring ahead at the lights flashing on the dance floor. “Hey…you ok?” I nudged her with my hand.

She turned and gave me a fake smile. “I’m fine.” Yelina handed her the drink, and she tipped her head back and gulped it down.

“Holy shit!” Yelina chuckled, then copied the kids move.

From that moment on, the drinks kept coming. And I spent the rest of the night, watching the two girls like a hawk. While they stumbled over each other, tottering on the dance floor. Neither one of them was coordinated for shit under the influence. Well, they probably still had the ability to rub up on someone and give them a hard on.

That’s about it.

There was a wide grin on my face. I couldn’t believe I was at a club with the same two women, who had almost scratched each others eyes out early. Or the fact that, they were drunk up the ass, making fools out of themselves on the dance floor. Like the best of friends.

My smile wiped off, when I saw a suited guy approach the girls. I hopped off the stool, and blended into the crowd, pushing my way towards the dance floor. When I got there, the twosome were sandwiching the guy. He had a hold of Crystal’s thighs and he was pulling her up against him. Yelina had her hands around his waist and they were dirty dancing.

I stood there. Watching, it wasn’t fun to watch. But no one was being harmed, except for my heart. It was exploding with jealousy. Just watching someone else touch her, was really putting a shift in my mood. She leaned back, resting her head on his shoulders and his hands slid under her skirt a bit.

That did it for me.

It was time to go upstairs and pass out. I stormed over, took Crystal first and then Yelina. Both women protested, along with the horny, goofy motherfucker. But I insisted we leave. Crystal spun around and out of my grip and headed back to the guy. Yelina on the other hand, looked like she was gonna be sick and made way towards the exit.

“Crystal let’s go.” I stated, calmly.

Like a dog in heat. He was behind her again, this time she took his hands and placed them on her thighs. Glaring at me, she grinded her ass against him. The kid knew damn well, she was pushing my buttons.

Damn her.

Once she began to bend over, I couldn’t take it. I took her wrist in my hand and pulled her out of his hold. This time he wasn’t so happy. He walked up to me, and without a word or any kind of warning. He popped me one right in the nose. Then ran like hell.

Smart man.

“Fuck me!” I shouted, my hands flying to what felt like a shattered nose. Warmth oozed over my lip and down my chin. I was afraid to look down, I could already see the blood staining my shirt. “Shit…fuck!” With one hand, I covered my nose and with the other I dragged Crystal out of the club. We found Yelina hovered over the trash can at the elevator doors. She wiped her mouth and stumbled through the open doors.

The ride up was silent. No one uttered a word or even looked at each other. I was cursing under my breath, still holding my nose. Crystal was leaning against the side, staring at the floor. While Yelina, stared out the big window, her forehead against the glass…letting out a couple of protesting moans.

I swiped Yelina’s card and we all shuffled into the room. She pulled off the dress and fell onto the bed sound asleep. In nothing but her red thong. Damn!

Crystal on the other hand, made herself comfortable on a love seat, clothes and all and was starting to doze off. There was no point to wake her up, maybe it was safer if we were in the same room. I convinced myself.

The only bad thing about it…was that I got the floor. When I could have been in a comfortable bed. I sat on the floor at the foot of the bed, leaning against the base, and let my head fall back onto the mattress. I was too tired and aggravated to bother cleaning up.

When I woke up the room was quiet and it still seemed dark outside. My body was sore from the uncomfortable position I was in and probably from the beating, I received the day before. I stretched, and headed to the bathroom to clean up the caked blood on my face.

I stood at the sink, staring at my face. Circles were starting to take over my under eyes. My beard was growing at rapid speed and now my nose was swollen. I pulled off the vest and threw it in the garbage bin. It was ruined. Then, I took off the shirt, wadded it up and placed it under the running water and began to clean myself up.

The opening of the door startled me, and I snapped up. “Oh hey. You scared me. I thought…you were in your room.” Crystal tried keeping her eyes on my face, but they kept moving down to my bare chest. I watched her swallow hard, as she ran her fingers through her hair “Um…” she walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

I blew out a breath and leaned against the sink, my arms crossed over my chest.

“What’s up?”

“I wanted to apologize for earlier. I don’t know what got into me.”

“It’s all good.”

“I didn’t mean to lie to you either. I was looking for you, because I had to warn you. Plus…I…didn’t want to be alone.” Her gaze fell to the floor, and she let out a loud sigh. “I lost everyone…my dad…my best friend, even my little brother. When I went to look for them, they were long gone and I decided not to look anymore. I didn’t want to put them in danger. I thought I had lost you too…your eyes were closed and you weren‘t breathing. The paramedics rolled you away and I watched the ambulance drive away in silence.”

“They revived me half way to the hospital. I was checked in and then I decided to leave. Thinking it was best for you, to think I was…”

"Well that was stupid!" Crystal took a couple of steps closer to me."Do you know how it felt to watch you die…and then find out that you were still alive. I went to identify your body, but there was no body. No sign of JACK!”

“I’m sorry!”

She lifted her head, and gave me her puppy eyes. “It wasn’t too hard to find you…cause of my dad and your dad’s connections. I thought about approaching you for the past couple of weeks, but I noticed how much you had changed. Plus, you look really happy when you’re with her. I was gonna leave that night, I hit you guys. I had decided I would give up and let you be. Even if…” her teeth sank into her bottom lip, “I still love you.”

The words, sent a pang straight to my stomach. She was standing in front of me now, and I was still leaning against the counter. I wished to have the guts and ability to say what was on my mind, like she did. But that was impossible, instead I just stood there in silence.

I couldn’t be so open like her.

 

We stared at each other for a moment and I watched a big tear roll down her cheek. With the side of my hand I brushed it away. It bothered me to know, I inflicted so much pain. I wrapped my hand on the side her neck and I was tempted to pull her in for a kiss. Instead, I pulled her into me, and wrapped my arms tightly around her.

The words didn’t come out of my mouth. But my brain was screaming them, too loud for me to disregard.

I love you too.