- Text Size +
Chapter 8
I woke up with a start. Damn, that dream was so real, her lips, her teeth, the whole thing. I shook it off and threw my legs over the side of my bed, catching the time on the clock. What the hell? How the hell did I sleep most of the day away? I frowned as I grabbed my cell phone and saw five missed calls, three from Ray and two from Steve. Well, any shot of the band really seemed distant now. I quickly flipped my cell phone open and dialed my voice mail, hearing two unheard messages, one from each guy and both pissed off that I blew them off. I punched three and it started dialing Ray’s number.

“You better have a damn good reason why you didn’t show?”

“I was asleep. I came down with something and I’ve been home all day.”

“You must have been dead to the world, AJ, because we called the house and your cell.”

“I know man.” He sighed, and I knew he was frustrated. Yeah, well, so was I. It really seemed like I was the only putting effort into this group, wanting it to take off; yet, they got all pissed off at me because I missed one damn day. Well, screw them.

“Look man, I think maybe we should take a break from this group stuff?”

“Take a break Ray? Hell, we haven’t even got it started.”

“Than maybe we shouldn’t take it anywhere. Both Steve and I have some ideas that you’re not willing to go along with.”

“That’s bull shit and you know it. But fine, if that’s how you want, it sure as hell works for me.” With that, I shut my cell phone and threw it on the bed. I glanced at the clock again, noticing that it was almost six, and I had told Theresa that I was going to take her to dinner. I sighed as I made my way over to the bathroom, yet stopping as my cell phone started to ring. I glanced at the caller idea, not noticing the number. “Hello?” I asked, as I flipped it open.

“Alex?”

“Theresa?”

“The one and only. Didn’t think I had this number?”

“Don’t remember giving it to you.”

“Did you forget who you’re talking too?”

“Oh, that’s right, mind reader.” She chuckled and goose bumps raced down my arms. How she managed that, I’ll never know. “What time were you stopping by?”

“Oh, I figured around 7:30, if that’s not too late for you?” She laughed once more, making me long to take her in my arms.

“No, it’s perfect actually. If I’m not there, Frank will let me in.”

“I thought you told me to stay away from him?”

“How about you just be on your guard.”

“Why? What is he?”

“Frank is a friend of the family, to put it mildly. And he’s not crazy about strangers, especially males who date me. And since you came looking for me, and I hadn’t mentioned you, he’s even more upset.”

“So, if he answers, should I be worried?”

“As long as you mind your manners, you’ll be fine. Now, I need to go get ready.”

“Not like you have a lot to do, you know.”

“Aww, you’re so sweet. Hmmm, I may like the sweet boys after all.” It was my turn to chuckle. I bid her goodbye and hung up the phone, once more tossing it on my bed. I sighed as I turned the shower on, getting it to the right temperature. I yanked me shirt off and threw it in the room, deciding to pick it up later. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror, noticing two dots, side by side of each other right above my nipple. I ran my finger over them, not believing what I was seeing.

“Okay, those have to be her canine teeth, because there’s no other reason for it.” I yanked my shorts off, threw those as well. On a whim, I ran my fingers over the top of my length, finding the same damn marks there. ‘Oh shit’, my mind screamed. Looking at those dots on my chest once more, almost reminded me of vampire bites.