- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The last chap I've written so far. ;) Will try to write more tomorrow!

Hope you'll like this update!
She opened her eyes and saw she was in her own bedroom.

How? She didn’t remember she went home again. And didn’t she has to stay another month in hospital? It’s not like time could pass by that fast.

She sat right up and scratched her head. She didn’t understand anything of it. Maybe AJ would be downstairs. She would ask him how she got here.

She slowly got out of bed but cringed when she felt a nasty pain shooting through her arm. She looked at her arm and saw a massive bruise on her elbow. ‘Holy crap,’ she whispered while inspecting the blue swollen spot. How and when did that happen?

When she got up she felt pain in her left leg. She quickly sat down on the bed and looked at her leg. It was swollen as well.

‘What the…’

She carefully got up again and walked with a limp downstairs.

‘Alex?’ she shouted through the hall.

No response.

Where the hell was that guy? She hopped to the living room and saw him sitting on the couch, watching tv. But the tv was off.

Suddenly an awful smell surrounded her. What was it? She put up a gross face and covered her nose with her hand.

It smelled like… like…

Then it struck her.

Alcohol.

Suddenly AJ stood in front of her, staring at her with empty eyes.

‘Honey?’ she whispered. She looked down and saw he was holding a bottle of beer.

He muttered something she couldn’t hear.

‘Sorry?’ she said.

Then she saw he rose his hand, approaching her fast.

‘NO!’ she yelled.


‘Kelly! Kelly! Sweetheart, wake up!’

‘No! Leave me alone!’

She opened her eyes and saw she was back in hospital. She was sweating all over and was panting heavily.

‘Honey, are you ok?’ AJ said next to her.

She turned her head quickly and screamed when she saw him.

‘You! Don’t hurt me! Leave me alone! Help! Somebody help me!’ she yelled in hysterics.

‘Calm down, Kelly. I won’t hurt you!’ he said and tried to keep her quiet.

‘No! Don’t touch me! Doctor! Someone!’ she yelled with tears and moved wildly on the bed.

Soon she couldn’t breathe normally. She was hyperventilating.

Then AJ knew what was going on with her. She probably had a dream about “that night”.

‘Oh, fuck,’ he whispered and ran out of the room while his wife was still in hysterics.

He ran through the hall and stopped at the first doctor he saw. It was a woman.

‘Doctor! Please, come! My wife! She is hyperventilating! She’s in hysterics!’ he shouted.

‘Calm down, sir. At which department is she?’ the woman asked.

‘What the fuck does that matter! I don’t even remember! Just follow me already!’ he said and pulled her with him.

The doctor sighed and ran after him. They came back in the room and Kelly was still hyperventilating.

‘Please, help her,’ he said in panic.

The doctor walked to a closet, got out a plastic bag and gave it to her. ‘Breathe in this. Calm down, just calm down,’ she said and kept repeating it to Kelly.

Slowly on Kelly started to calm down again. Her head was all red and sweaty. AJ stood frightened against the wall, staring at his wife. She probably had a nightmare and woke up because of that.

‘I’ll be right back,’ the doctor said and got out of the room.

AJ didn’t dare to move a finger. He was so afraid Kelly would go hysterical again.

She sat on her bed and just stared with an empty glance in front of her.

Later their own doctor came back inside. ‘Hello Mr. McLean. What happened?’ he asked.

‘She was sleeping. Then she woke up, yelling things like “leave me alone” and such. I guess she had a nightmare about that night,’ AJ said as quiet as he could.

‘Oh dear. She is starting to remember it,’ the doctor said and immediately stepped up to Kelly.

‘Did she do or say anything else?’ the doctor said while filling in a form.

‘Ehm, yes. When she saw me, she totally freaked out. She said things like “don’t hurt me” and she was calling for help, but I didn’t do anything!’

‘I know you didn’t do anything. She probably dreamed about you, that’s why. Then she hyperventilated?’

‘Yes. It was so scary,’ AJ said and felt a chill running down his spine when the image of a hyperventilating Kelly flashed through his mind.

‘I see,’ the doctor muttered while making a few notes. ‘We have to keep an extra eye on her. It’s very possible that she will remember more and more. I don’t know what she dreamed about, but it can’t be that she remembered everything already from that night. Mr. McLean?’

‘Yes?’

‘I’m very sorry to say this but… I’m afraid you can’t visit her that often anymore. We can’t take the risk that she will react like this again, maybe next time she will react even worse. And in her condition it’s not good for her to be in panic. I’m asking you to go home and let your wife rest. I will call you once we think she is ready to see you again.’

‘You mean, I can’t see her anymore?’ AJ said astonished.

‘Just not for a while. I’m very sorry, Mr. McLean,’ the doctor said.

AJ took a deep breath to control his anger. ‘Fine, asshole,’ he muttered and rushed out of the door.
Chapter End Notes:
Not really a big one, I promise the next one will be bigger though!