- Text Size +
Chapter Two
~Nick’s POV~
After we played 18 holes, we decided to get lunch. The guys would not leave me alone. Since I just played my worst game of golf ever, but it really wasn’t my fault, I couldn’t stop thinking about Terri.
“Dude Nick, where the Hell are you?” AJ asked slapping me in the back of the head. “That had to be your worst game, ever.”
“I have a lot on my mind.” I said and shrugged.
“Like Miss. Terri?” Brian asked and raised an eyebrow.
“Among other things, yes.” I said. “Can’t we just go get lunch? I’m hungry.”
“You’re always hungry.” Howie said and rolled his eyes.
“I hope Hailey and Terri corrupt your wife.” I said.
“Oh God.” Howie said and groaned.
I just smiled as we walked into Apple B’s.
“Don’t worry Howie, I’m sure whatever they do won’t be bad.” AJ said.
“This is Hailey and Terri we are talking about here.” Howie said. “There’s a good reason why we haven’t hung out with both of them in two years.”
“Besides the fact that we all almost ended up in jail, the last time all of us were together?” Brian asked.
“That wasn’t really their fault.” I said. “Paris had a lot to do with it.”
“Meaning what?” Brian asked.
“It’s a funny story.” I said and rubbed the back of my neck.
“What did Hailey do?” Brian asked.
“It was actually Terri’s idea. Hailey just went along with it, well because we all know that she hated Paris, with a passion.” I said. “Paris was talking shit, and Terri and Hailey happened to over hear it.”
“So who started it?” Howie asked.
“I’m not really sure.” I said and rubbed the back on my neck. “But Terri ended it.”
“Isn’t that the night you almost slept with her?” Brian asked.
“Almost?” AJ asked and raised an eyebrow.
“Hailey walked in on us.” I said. “Granted she was drunk, but it kinda ruined the mood.”
“Damn.” AJ said. “You have no luck when it comes to Terri, do you?”
“No not at all.” I said and shook my head.
“How many?” The Hostess asked.
“Four.” Howie said.
“Right this way.” She said and smiled at us.
We followed behind her. As soon as she walked away, they all turned to me.
“What?” I asked putting down my menu.
“So are you gonna grow a pair and finally tell Terri how you feel?” Brian asked.
“Damn, you really have been spending way to much time with Hailey.” I said ignoring his question.
“Just answer the question.” Brian said and rolled his eyes.
“Why would I do that?” I asked. “I still have Laruen.”
“Just admit that Laruen is a bitch and get rid of her.”AJ said. “It’ll be good for you to have a real woman around for once.”
“A real woman?” I asked. “What is that supposed to mean?”
“Do I really need to start listing the fake bitches you’ve dated over the last eleven years?”AJ asked. “Because if you really want me to, I will.”
“Okay I get it.” I said and rolled my eyes. “I’ve dated a lot of bitches.”
“And Terri is a real woman.” Howie said.
“So is Hailey.” I said.
“Yeah, but sorry to break it to you, she’s mine.” Brian said.
“Dully noted.” I said rolling my eyes.
“Don’t be a smart ass.” Brian said. “She’s really trying.”
“If anyone can tame the beast it will be you Bri.” Howie said laughing.
“I highly doubt anyone can really tame her.” I said. “She’s too much of a free sprit for anyone to really tame her.”
“Way to bring a man down.” Brian said.
“Sorry, you better then anyone should know that.” I said and shrugged.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Terri’s POV~
After dinner, Hailey and I headed back up to my room. She was acting weird for her.
Something was bothering her and I really wanted to know what it was, but I also knew she wouldn’t tell me until she was ready to.
“Do you really think this is a good idea?” I asked for the hundredth time.
“Why wouldn’t it be?” Hailey asked. “Everything is going according to plan.”
“That’s what’s bothering me.” I said sitting up on the bed. “Things are going to well.”
“What do you mean?” Hailey asked and sat down on the bed.
“The other girls just took it to well.” I said. “I just don’t like it. Can you really trust Leigh not to spill?”
“We’ll see won’t we?” Hailey asked standing up again.
“She knows that you slept with Brian.” I said.
“I know.” Hailey said.
“What if she tells Leighann?” I asked. “Hell, even the other two?”
“It’s all part of the plan.” She said and walked into the bathroom.
“This seems a little bigger then revenge.” I said following her.
“Let’s just say that Leigh and I have come to an understanding.” Hailey said looking at me.
“What kind on understanding?” I asked really confused.
“I’ll explain later, we don’t have time now, I have to take a shower then get down stairs.” Hailey said. “Can I trust you to do your part?”
“Just promise me that no ones gonna get hurt.” I said and sighed.
“No more then the damage that has already been done,” She said. “I know you don’t understand but things were set into motion way before I came along.”
“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” I asked.
“I’ll explain later, but right now, I have to get ready.” She said.
“Hailey what have you gotten yourself into this time?” I asked.
“Something I wish I would never have.” She said shut the bathroom door in my face.
I sighed and sat back on the bed.
This trip really wasn’t turning out they way I had planned. Hailey has once again dragged me into something that I really didn’t want to be in the middle of, but really had no choice in the matter.
After Hailey was dressed, she left me the address and then took off, saying she needed time to get ready. I really had a bad feeling about this.
I was sick of waiting in my room, so I made my way down stairs early. As I walked into the lobby I saw Nick sitting by himself. I walked over and sat across from him.
“Hey Nicky.” I said.
“How are you doing Terri?” He asked. “God it’s been too long.”
“I’m doing good, staying busy. It’s just not the same without Hailey around.” I said. “What about you?”
“I’m doing, just taking it day by day.” He said. “Trying to keep Hailey and Laruen from killing each other.”
“God that sucks being stuck between your two loves.” I said.
“I’m not really sure if I really do love Laruen.” He said quietly.
“And Hailey?” I asked.
“I’ll always love her, but we never really worked.” He said. “Don’t get me wrong, we have great sex, but that’s about it.”
“I see.” I said really starting to get to confused.
“Yeah, I really kinda have my eye set on someone else.” He said.
“She must be a really lucky girl.” I said.
God this is not what I really wanted to be hearing. Don’t get me wrong, I wanted him to be happy, but damnit when was I going to get my chance.
“You okay Terri?” Nick asked breaking me out of my thoughts.
“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said brushing him off. “Where are the others?”
Before he could say anything the other three walked up to us.
“You guys ready?” I asked standing up.
“Where’s Hailey?” Brian asked.
“She went ahead to set up.” I said. “Let’s go.”
“Nick dude what did you do?” I heard Howie whisper to Nick.
“I have no idea.” Nick said to Howie.
Of course, he had no idea what he said. God sometimes he really was blonde.
I knew I had no right really to be pissed, but God was I. I’ve waited for a long ass time for my chance with Nick. If it hadn’t been for Hailey walking in on us that night, I would have at least had that, but no, she had to go and fuck that up for me. And what makes it worse she didn’t even know.
God I really wanted to his something or someone.
“Where are we going?” Brian asked me yet again.
“I have no idea; I’m just taking y’all the address that Hailey gave me.” I said and sighed. “So please stop asking.”
“Sorry.” Brian said.
“Whatever.” I muttered.
“What’s wrong Terri?” Nick asked putting his arm around my shoulders.
“Nothing that has to do with you.” I said and shrugged Nick’s arm off.
“What did Hailey do to piss you off?” AJ asked.
“She’s playing with fire and is going to get burned.” Ii said as I stomped a head of them.
“Any idea what the hell’s going on?”I heard AJ asked.
“No, you Howie?” Brian asked.
“No, Leigh said they all had a good time today.” Howie said. “It must have happened after dinner.”
“Will you three shut your pie holes and move it!” I yelled.
I was pissed and they really were just making it that much more worse. She better make this up to me somehow.
“I’m gonna kill her.” I said through gritted teeth. “This is going way too far.”
“Why are we here?” Brian asked.
“The best torturer in the world.” AJ said and grinned.
“Well I’m glad someone’s happy about being here.” I said.
“We shouldn’t keep her waiting.” AJ said and tossed his arm over my shoulders. “Don’t worry, it’ll be fine.”
“No it won’t.” I said. “This shouldn’t be happening.”
God I really was going to kill her for this, damnit.
“What do you know that the rest of us don’t, Terri?” Nick asked.
I turned and looked at Nick. It almost hurt to look at him now, knowing he was thinking of someone else.
“Not enough apparently.” I said and shook my head.
“Well we shouldn’t keep her waiting.” AJ said again.
“Right.” I said and led us in side.
No one said anything as we walked inside.
I didn’t say anything as I led them to the table right up front. AJ and Howie sat down with Nick next to AJ. Brian was on the other side of Nick. I took the last seat on the other side of Brian the farthest from Nick I could get.
I really tired to ignore Nick as he leaned over to Brian to talk. But I couldn’t keep my eyes off him. Every few minutes I found myself cutting my eyes over to him.
I wasn’t really shocked to see Brian ordered a drink. I knew better then anyone, besides Hailey, that Brian could knock ‘em back with the best of them. It’s why I was shocked that they never had sex, up until now. Or maybe they were just lying to us all. I wouldn’t be shocked about that.
As the opening notes of ‘Hologram’ came on, I looked up at the stage to see Hailey come out wearing a long black coat.
In stead of watching Hailey, I was watching the boys watch her. Every so often, I would see Nick cut his eyes to me and then would look back at the stage. It was highly amusing to watch.
After Hailey was done, we all stood up and made our way to the VIP area, but before Brian and I could reach it, he pulled me aside.
“What happened between you and Nick?” He asked.
“Nothing why?” I asked.
“He said something to hurt you.” He said. “I just wanted to make sure you were okay.”
“I’m fine, don’t worry Bri.” I said and patted him on the shoulder.
“He’s really into you, ya know.” He said.
“What are you talking about?” I asked confused. “I thought he was into someone new.”
“You are new.” He said. “He told me what happened that night. How much he really hated Hailey for walking in on you guys.”
“That’s really touching and all Brian, but he’s still with Laruen.” I said and crossed my arms over my chest.
“Not if Hailey has anything to do with it.” He said. “She really hates Laruen.”
“Tell me something I don’t know.” I said and rolled my eyes. “But what does that have to do with anything?”
“You know Hailey, she’s planning something.” He said. “I’m not sure what but it’s something big.”
“And you’re telling me this why?” I asked.
“Because I’m worried about her.” I said. “You know how she can get.”
“Then talk to her, she listens to you more then me anyways.” I said.
“I’ve tired she won’t tell me shit.” He said and ran his fingers through his hair.
“You’ve really been hanging out with her way to long.” I said shaking my head. “So tell me, you guys have really only slept together once in the whole time you’ve known each other, besides the first time.”
“Yes, it’s just been once.” He said. “At one time I really did love my wife.”
“What are you going to do when she finds out?” I asked.
“We’re taking it one day at a time.” He said and sighed. “I’m gonna go talk to her.”
“Just remember to lock the door.” I said and walked away laughing.
In stead of heading up to the VIP, I headed to the bar. If I was going to make it through the night, I was going to need a drink.
“You really don’t need that.” Nick said in my ear scaring the crap out of me.
“You scared the shit of me Nick.” I said turning around to face him. “Did you want something?”
“You.” He said and trapped me between the bar and his body. “I’m tired of waiting.”
“Waiting for what?” I asked running my hand up his arms.
He didn’t say anything he just dipped his head and kissed me.
I pulled away from Nick and looked in his eyes searching for the truth of his actions.
“What was that for?” I asked.
“Because I felt like it.” He said and shrugged.
“What about Laruen?” I asked, not that I really cared or anything.
“We’re over, she just doesn’t know it yet.” He said.
“That’s good.” I said. “I’m glad you’re back to normal.”
“Babe, when have I ever been normal?” He asked and cupped my face.
“Good point.” I said and laughed
“I’ve missed you.” He said and kissed me again.
Really his kisses should be illegal. He could bring any women to her knees with one kiss. No wonder Hailey never wanted to give him up.
Nick pulled away from me and took my hand.
“Let’s go over to the others before I take you right here.” He said.
I didn’t say anything as I let him drag me over to the VIP area.
When we got up there Nick went right to the couch to sit down. I tired to sit next to him, but he’d have none of that. He pulled me on to his lap and wouldn’t let me slid off.
“Nick, what are you doing?” I asked.
“I thought I was pretty clear,” He said. “Do I need to kiss you again?”
“What about this new chick you’re after?” I asked.
He just started to laugh almost knocking me to the floor.
“Terri that would be you.” He said laughing harder. “I’ve been waiting for you to come visit Hailey, since she joined the tour.”
“Really?” I asked shocked.
“Hell yea! I’ve been wanting to make that night up to you.” He said. “This is just the first chance I’ve gotten.”
“Just so you know, I’m not sleeping with you until you break up with Laruen.” I said.
“And I wouldn’t expect you to.” He said. “I really want this to work. So starting off by cheating on my soon to be ex.”
“But you’re good with cheating on her with Hailey?” I asked and raised an eyebrow at him.
“God she really does tell you everything.” He said and shook his head.
But he was smiling.
“We’re best friends.” I said and shrugged. “Don’t you tell Brian everything?”
“Well yeah.” He said.
“Then why are you shocked that I tell Hailey everything?” I asked.
“I have no idea.” He said. “Enough about her.”
“What do you have in mind?” I asked.
He just wiggled his eyebrows and then brought my head to his so he could kiss me.
“We’re going to the new club at the hotel, you guys coming?” Hailey asked once again ruining our moment.
“Sure, sounds like fun.” Nick said shrugging it off.
“I’m in.” I said looking up at her.
Hailey pulled her out of her pocket and looked down a it smiling.
“What’s up with the grin on your face?” I asked and lifted an eyebrow at her.
“I’ll tell you when we get to the hotel.” Hailey said.
“Okay.” I said and slipped off Nick’s lap.
We linked arms and walked out of the VIP area, leaving her bags for Brian and AJ to carry.
Once we were alone outside, I pulled her side.
“What the hell is going on?” I asked.
“You’re gonna help me break Nick and Laruen up.” Hailey said.
“Why so you can have him to yourself?” I asked.
“No, so you can have him.” I said. “I see the way you two look at each other.”
“What are you talking about?” I asked trying to hide it.
“I saw the way he watched you when I was on stage.” Hailey said. “I know he’s interested in you.”
“I know you don’t like her, but why break them up?” I asked.
“She’s been cheating on him for the last six months.” Hailey said.
“He’s cheated on her,” I said. “Or did you forget?”
“I didn’t forget.” Hailey said. “But cheatings not all she’s done.”
“What are you talking about?” I asked.
“Not here.” Hailey said as the Boys caught up with us.
“What’s the hurry?” AJ asked.
“Girl talk.” Hailey and I both said.
“AKA, we don’t want to know.” Brian said and rolled his eyes.
“I have taught you well.” Hailey said.
“That’s not all you’ve taught me.” Brian said and smiled. “There that one trick with your tongue.”
“Actually Justin taught me that.” Hailey said with a straight face. “So you can thank him for it.”
“Was it the Justin, I’m thinking it was?” I asked not believing she was actually talking about him.
“Oh yeah.” Hailey said and smirked.
“God, you really are a slut.” I said.
“I know.” Hailey said and shrugged. “I just love sex.”
“Remind me why I’m friends with you again.” I said.
She just pointed to the four men standing behind her.
“Right.” I said.
“Plus you love me.” Hailey said and wrapped her arm around Brian’s waist.
“Ugh, and you never let me forget it.” I said rolling my eyes.
“Don’t worry Babe, I’ll make you forget all about her.” Nick said and pulled me to him.
“See there you go.” Hailey said smiling at me.
I rolled my eyes as we headed back to the hotel. I wasn’t so sure I was going to like her plan. She has been known to come up with some real crazy shit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~