- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So here's the next chapter. I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again. I'm moving next week, so it may be awhile... I hope you enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Three
~Nick’s POV~
As soon as we got to the club and got up to the VIP area, Hailey was dragging Terri off the dance floor. I couldn’t help but follow them with my eyes. I got up and leaded on the rail of the VIP area.
“They’re beautiful together aren’t they?” Brian asked standing next to me. “Makes you wonder what kind of friends they are.”
“God, you really have been hanging out with Hailey to much.” I said laughing. “I’d expect AJ to say something like that, but not you.”
“Why not?” He asked and raised an eyebrow at me. “Ya know I’m not as innocent as you guys think I am.”
“I’m beginning to see that now.” I said and turned back to watch the girls dance.
I couldn’t keep my eyes off them. They were so hott together, just like I always thought they would be.
“Maybe we should separate them before someone else does it for us.” Brian said.
“Best idea I’ve heard in a while.” I said. “Let’s go.”
He just laughed as he followed me down to the dance floor. As we got closer, I say Hailey say something to Terri and then pull her closer and then Terri said something back to her as she wrapped her arms around Hailey’s neck. It was like an instant hard on.
I was so into watching the girls that I didn’t even notice that Brian had ditched me to walk around the other side of Hailey, so she wouldn’t see him coming.
I walked up behind Terri as Brian walked up behind Hailey. I grabbed Terri and pulled her to me. Her and Hailey shared a look as they let go of each other. Terri turned in my arms and then she wrapped hers around my neck.
“Hello Mr. Carter.” Terri said in my ear. “I see we’re happy tonight.”
“God, you have no idea.” I said and pulled her closer to me. “You really have no idea what you do to me.”
“Oh I think I have a pretty good idea.” She said and cupped my package. “You’re a lot bigger then I remember.”
“God, you live to tease me don’t you?” I asked.
“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” She said and turned around in my arms and pushed her backside into me.
I groaned and pulled her closer to me. I was so lost into what Terri was doing to me. I wasn’t paying attention to anything that was going on around me. Not until I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder.
“You hurt her, I will kill you.” Hailey said. “Break up with Laruen.”
Before I could say anything back to her or even look at her, she was back in Brian’s arms. I shrugged it off and got lost once again in what Terri was doing to me.
She was dangerous to any male that she meets. I thank my lucky stars that she’s mine, or at least she will be soon enough.
Once again, she turned in my arms to face me. She grinned up at me, then ran her hand down her neck, over her chest, and then down to her hip. I had no control over my eyes as they followed her hand.
Fuck, I wanted her more then I’ve ever wanted anyone before. God I never knew she could dance like this.
“You okay there lover?” Terri asked and then licked the shell of my ear. “You seem a little tense.”
“I wonder why?” I asked and kissed her neck. “You’re being a damn tease tonight. Just remember what comes around goes around.”
“I can’t wait.” She said and ran her finger over my chest. “I’ve been waiting two years.”
“I know, so I have I.” I said.
“And just think all you have to do is break up with Laruen and I’m all yours.” She said and ran her finger around the top of my jeans.
I don’t think I could become any harder then I already was. If she didn’t watch it I was going to cream my pants and soon.
I dipped my head down to kiss her, but before I could kiss her, someone grabbed me from behind and pulled me away from Terri. I turned to see Laruen standing there glaring at me.
Quickly a crowd gathered around us. This was going to end badly and soon.
“What the hells going on?” Hailey asked looking at Terri.
“Laruen.” Terri said
“Shit.” Hailey said and walked over to us.
“What the fuck do you think you’re doing, Nick?” Laruen asked screaming.
“I was dancing with Terri.” I said. “It was no big deal.”
“No big deal? Are you fucking her to?” Laruen screamed as the music stopped.
Everyone around us stopped and looked at us.
Hailey walked over to Laruen and grabbed her arm.
“This is not the time or place to do this.” Hailey said.
“Let go of me you fucking whore.” Laruen said and slapped Hailey.
“That was uncalled for.” I said. “What is wrong with you?”
“This is over.” Laruen said and stomped away.
Before I could go after her, Hailey grabbed my arm.
“Don’t.” Hailey said. “Take Terri and get out of here.”
I didn’t say anything; I just turned and held my hand out for Terri, who took it. We walked away together.
As we head out of the club and back to her room, Terri pulled me into the stair well. I just raised an eyebrow at her.
“Don’t give me that look Carter.” She said and sat down on the stairs. “I just wanna make sure you’re okay.”
“Yeah, I’m okay.” I said. “I don’t think I would be without you.”
“You’re such a sweet talker.” She said and laughed.
“I’m serious.” I said and sat next to her. “I’m really glad you’re here.”
“I’m really glad I’m here to.” She said and touched my face.
I cupped her face in my hand and stared into her eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Terri’s POV~
I looked away from Nick’s gaze, it was becoming way to intense for me. I heard Nick laugh softly. I turned back and looked at him.
“Come on, I don’t want to spend the night in the stair well.” He said and stood up.
“Good idea, do you want to stay with me in my room?” I asked looking up at him.
“I wouldn’t be anywhere else tonight.” He said and held his hand out for me to take.
“Let’s go get your stuff from your room, before Laruen can steal anything else that belongs to you.” I said and took his hand.
“I’m guessing Hailey told you then.” He asked letting go of my hand.
“I really didn’t give her much of a choice.” I said. “Don’t be mad at her. I had to have a good reason why to help break you two up.”
“You know all you had to do was tell me that you wanted me to be yours and I would have dumped her for you.” He said and pulled me to him. “You really didn’t have to go through all this.”
“But this was so much more fun.” I said and batted my eyelashes.
“You are evil my Lady.” He said and kissed my forehead.
“Only to you, my kind Sir.” I said and pulled away from him. “Come on, if we get this done soon, maybe we can take a walk down the strip.”
“Sounds good to me.” He said and took my hand in his.
“One of these days we will have to talk about what happened.” I said looking at him.
“But not tonight.” He said. “When the time is right I will tell you all that has happened.”
“Okay, but you can leave out where you’ve had sex with my best friend.” I said. “I really don’t like the fact that you two have been together.”
“She only has eyes for Brian now.” He said. “And I only have eyes for you.”
“You really are such a sweet talker.” I said and laughed as I opened the door.
Nick just laughed and followed me over to the elevators.
Once we got to his floor, he led me down to his room. He slid his keycard and then opened the door. I walked in first and didn’t see anyone in the room.
“What are you doing?” Nick asked.
“Checking to see if Laruen was in here.” I said and moved out of the way so he could come in.
“Oh I see.” He said and shut the door behind him.
I shook my head and made my way farther into the room. I looked around and didn’t see anything.
“It’s in the bedroom.” Nick said as if he could read my mind.
“Right.” I said and looked at him.
He just laughed and pulled me closer to him.
“We’re gonna have a lot of fun.” He said and bent his head to kiss me.
He teased my lips with his. Finally, I got sick of it so I pulled his head down to mine and crashed our lips together.
Nick pulled away breathless. He smiled down at me.
“That was hot.” He said.
“It’s about to get hotter in here Mr. Carter.” I said and pulled away from him. “We should get your things so we can go to my room.” I said.
“Or we could just stay here.” He said and pulled me to him again.
He leaned down and kissed my neck.
“Right where Laruen can walk in on us at any time.” I said and raised any eyebrow out him. “I’m not like Hailey. I don’t like people walking in on me while I’m having sex.”
“What are you talking about?” He asked.
“What you don’t know?” I asked. “Hailey’s the reason Sara finally left AJ.”
“Really?” He asked.
“Yeah, somehow she set it up where Sara got home to find them in bed together.” I said. “But I’m not going to risk Laruen walking in on us.”
“Fine,” He said and kissed me again.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer.
I knew I shouldn’t have, but I let myself get lost in his kiss. I didn’t even notice when Nick’s hands started to run up and down my back, under my shirt.
I didn’t pull away until I heard a door slam. We both turned and saw Laruen standing there glaring at us.
“Well you two didn’t waste anytime.” She said and crossed her arms over her chest. “God Nick was I just something to keep your bed warm while you waited for her?”
“No, at one point I thought I did love you.” Nick said. “But you’ve lied and cheated, how can I trust you?”
“What are you talking about? I’ve been nothing but faithful to you!” She yelled.
“Did you really think that you could get away with it?” He asked.
“What are you talking about?” She asked.
“You cheating on him and the fact that you were stealing his money.” I said. “God all you had to do was ask and he would have given you anything you wanted, you really didn’t have to go behind his back like that.”
“You have no idea what you’re even talking about.” She said and crossed her arms over her chest.
“Whatever game you and Leighann are playing is coming to an end.” I said. “If you think that Hailey and I will let the two of you get away with this, then well you’re in for a rude awaking.”
“Do you really think you can stop us?” She asked.
“Babe, we already have.” I said and rolled my eyes. “Hailey put a stop to it weeks ago. And that all you took is back in Nick’s account.”
“How?” She asked.
“Hailey isn’t just some writer.” I said and rolled my eyes. “She graduated at the top of her class at Harvard Law. But then deiced that wasn’t the life she wanted.”
“I don’t believe you. All I’ve seen is a whore who goes after guys she can’t have.” She said. “That’s why she’s going after Brian.”
I just laughed and shook my head.
“Laruen, you’re just being a bitch because Nick dumped you on your ass.” I said.
“If I remember I broke up with him.” She said.
“No we were over a long time ago.” Nick said.
“Then why keep me around?” She asked.
Nick just shrugged.
“You piece of shit.” She said and moved to slap him.
I grabbed her arm and stopped her from slapping him.
“Let go of me, you slut.” She said and tired to pull her arm out of my grasp.
“Ya know pissing me off is not a good idea.” I said and tightened my hold on her arm.
“Do you really think Nick will stick with you?” She asked. “Because if you do you are really mistaken, he only loves Hailey.”
“Laruen, really you need to get over yourself.” I said and shook my head. “I gotta tell you though, the fans, at least some of them, will be happy to see you gone.”
“They will hate you too.” She said. “They don’t anyone to be with their Nick. I have no idea why I put up with it for so long.”
“Because he’s Nick Carter.” I said and rolled my eyes. “He could give you whatever you wanted, but yet you had to go and fuck that up. How does that feel?”
“Are you saying you don’t want him for his money?” She asked. “I find that hard to believe.”
“Trust me, I don’t need his money, I have enough of my own.” I said. “I work because I want to, not because I have to.”
“Then why do you want Nick?” She asked.
“I just want him for his body.” I said and shrugged. “And you being here is really messing up my groove, so why don’t you take a hike?”
“I will laugh my ass off when he dumps you to the curb.” She said and pulled her arm out of my grasp.
“We shall see.” I said and crossed my arms over my chest.
“I can’t wait to see you fall.” She said stormed out of the room.
“Well damn.” Nick said. “You really just want me for my body?”
I rolled my eyes and looked at him.
“No, I just don’t want you for your body, though it’s a plus.” I said.
“Let me grab my bag and we’ll head up to your room.” He said and walked into the bedroom.
I just shook my head and walked over the window. He had great view of the Vegas strip. I sighed and pressed my head to the glass.
I really couldn’t believe this was happening. It was like a dream. I never thought I’d get the chance to be with him again. I’ve always figured that Hailey would wake up and see what was right in front of her face. I guess she did, but it wasn’t the guy I thought it would be. But I do have to admit that Hailey and Brian are so cute together.
“What are you thinking about?” Nick asked coming up behind me.
“Brian and Hailey and how cute they are together.” I said.
“You wouldn’t think they’d work, but for some fucked up reason they do.” He said. “But why are you thinking of them?”
“I just always figured that Hailey would wake up and see what was right in front of her, I just never thought it would be Brian.” I said.
“You thought she’d want me.” He said.
“Yeah, I never really thought I’d ever get a chance to be with you for real.” I said. “I’m glad I do though.”
“Me too.” He said and kissed the top of my head.
“You have everything?” I asked.
“Yeah, you ready to go?” He asked and pulled away from me.
“Yeah, I think we’ll just say in for tonight.” I said. “We’ll go out tomorrow night. I just wanna spend time with you tonight.”
“That sounds good to me.” He said and grabbed his bag. “Tomorrow we can face the world.”
“Together.” I said. “I wonder which news will be bigger you and me or Brian and Hailey.”
“Brian and Hailey.” He said and laughed. “No one really saw that coming. Well at least I never did.”
“I don’t think anyone did. I would love to be a fly on the wall when Leighann finds out. She’s gonna shit a brick.” I said and laughed.
“Yeah, but enough of them.” He said. “Tonight is about us.”
“Are you trying to charm me Mr. Carter?” I asked.
“I don’t know, is it working?” He asked.
“Maybe, maybe not.” I said and walked away from him.
“Damn tease.” He said and followed me out of the room.
We continued to tease each other until we got to my room.
Nick walked into my room and just made himself at home on the bed, after he had dropped his bag on the couch.
I shook my head and went over to my suite case.
“What are you doing?” Nick asked.
“Getting my PJ’s around.” I said. “I need a shower.”
“Can I join you?” He asked and wiggled his eyebrows at me.
“No.” I said and went back to looking through my clothes.
When I found what I was looking for, I took them and went into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I sat the clothes on the counter and then started the shower.
After a few minutes, Nick started to knock on the door.
“Yes Nick.” I said through the door.
“The door is locked.” He said and tried to open the door.
“I know that.” I said.
“You really don’t want me to join you?” He asked.
“Why don’t you order some room service and pick out a movie to watch and I’ll be out in a few.” I said.
“But.” Nick said.
“I promise I’ll make it worth your while.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“Fine.” He said and walked away from the door.
I laughed to myself and stripped off my clothes.
The only reason Nick wasn’t in here right now, was because I didn’t want our first time to be in the shower, no matter how hott that would be. The first time I made love to him, I wanted it to be special. I wanted to show him how much he really means to me.
After I got out of the shower, I dried myself off and then slipped into my PJ’s. I really hope he didn’t get the wrong idea. But the teddy was all I brought with me to sleep in. Like, I’ve said before I never thought that I’d ever get this chance to be with Nick again. I had kinda given up on the idea.
When I opened the door to the bathroom, I saw Nick sitting on the bed wearing nothing but his backset ball shorts. God I wanted to jump him, but I didn’t want this to be purely about sex. I wanted to show him that we could have something more.
“Damn Baby.” Nick said.
“You like?” I asked.
“A lot.” He said and slid off the bed.
He walked over to me and cupped my face in his hand. I couldn’t say anything as I read the desire in his eyes. I knew I had the same look in my eyes.
He bent his head down and barely covered my lips with his. I once again wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss.
Nick pulled away before the kiss could turn into something more. He leaned his forehead on mine.
“Wow.” He said.
“We definitely have chemistry.” I said. “But we already knew that.”
“You’re gonna be the end of me.” He said. “And I wouldn’t have it any other way.”
I just smiled at him as he pulled away from me.
“I could say the same thing about you.” I said.
“I ordered us some bacon cheese burgers.” He said. “I hope that’s okay, they should be here soon.”
“That sounds good.” I said and walked over to the bed.
I sat down and picked my brush up off the night stand. I started to brush my hair as Nick stood there and watched me.
“I have no idea how you do it, but you make everything look sexy as hell.” He said and sat next to me on the bed.
“It’s pure talent.” I said and laughed. “So what are we watching?”
“There isn’t much on tonight.” He said.
“Well damn.” I said. “What are we going to do then?”
“I think we can think of something to do.” H said as someone started to knock on the door.
I just smirked at him as he got up to answer the door.
I was sure he could come up with something fun for us to do tonight, but it wasn’t going to be anything sexual. I was going to make him wait for that. I’ve been waiting two years, what’s a few more days?