- Text Size +
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Five
~Nick’s POV~
Someone pounding on the door woke me up in the morning, I knew who it was and really didn’t want to deal with her. She could just go way and come back a lot later. Like when I was done with Terri, not that I would ever really be done with her.
I was really in love with her, and even though it scared the shit out of me, I was ready for that step in my life. I was ready to be the man Terri needed.
Plus I just loved wake up with her in my arms. If I never sang again, but started ever morning with her in my arms, I’d be a very happy man.
“If you don’t answer she’ll go get a key and come in anyways.” Terri said rolling over to look at me. “She’s done it before.”
“But why do I have to go get it?” I asked and started to pout. “She’s here for you.”
“Stop pouting, you’re a big boy, you can handle Hailey.” She said and rolled out of my arms. “I’m gonna take a shower.”
“But.” I said as she looked at me over her shoulder.
“Really Nick, grow a pair.” She said and slid off the bed. “She’s not that bad.”
I sat up as she shut and locked the bathroom door.
I groaned and slid off the bed. I picked up my boxers from last night and put them back on. I knew I should put more on to go answer the door, but Hailey had already seen everything that I had to offer. It’s not like it would really matter.
As I walked into the living area, Hailey and Leigh were just coming through the door. Shit, why did she have to bring Leigh with her? And when the fuck did they become so close?
“Hailey, this isn’t a good idea.” Leigh said. “Let them sleep, Terri can catch up to us when she wakes up.”
God, I wish Hailey would listen to someone other then the stupid voices in her head, she’d stay out of trouble that way.
“Well maybe if Nick wouldn’t have ripped the phone out of the wall last night, we could have made plans, so if she gets pissed, she can blame him.” Hailey said rolling her eyes. “Plus it looks like they need to get house keeping in here.”
I looked a round and she was right, we had left our dinner from last night on the table.
“It doesn’t matter anyways, we’re up.” I said bringing their attention to me.
“So sexy Nick.” Hailey said and raised an eyebrow at me. “Is it safe to sit on the couch?”
“Why wouldn’t it be?” Leigh asked sounding confused.
“Yes, unlike some people I can name, we use the bed.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“Oh God that is so gross.” Leigh said as it clicked.
“You know that is how you ended up with James.” Hailey said in her duh voice.
“Not what I meant.” Leigh said. “Nick, I love you, but could you please put some clothes on?”
“Can I trust you two not to cause any trouble?” I asked.
“Who us?” Hailey asked with her fake smile.
“God, why do I even bother?” I asked and went back into the bedroom.
“I have no idea.” Hailey said as I shut the door behind me.
I sighed and leaned on the door. I wish I could just stay in here until Terri was out of the bathroom, but knowing Hailey like I do, she wouldn’t wait. She’d come find me. Sometimes she could be really annoying, but it wasn’t for her, I’d never had meet Terri. And I had to be really thankful for that, not that I’d ever tell her that. She’d never let me live it down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Terri’s POV~
When I got out of the bathroom, Nick was sitting on the bed waiting for me. I just raised an eyebrow at him. He smiled at me and winked at me.
“Where did Hailey go?” I asked looking at him.
“I sent her away.” He said grinning still.
“She went away that easily?” I asked and raised an eyebrow. “Why do I not believe that?”
“When it comes to Hailey, I can work magic.” He said standing up.
“I’m sure you can.” I said and turned to my suite case. “What did she want?”
“I don’t know. I didn’t ask.” He said and wrapped his arms around my waist. “God, you smell so good.”
“Nick, if you don’t stop we’re gonna end back in bed.” I said and tried to pull away from him.
“And what’s wrong with that?” He asked and kissed the back of my neck. “Now that I got you here, I don’t want to let you go.”
“You can’t keep me here for the next two days, you promised me that we’d go for a walk down the strip.” I said and turned in his arms.
“You can leave as long as I’m with you.” He said and kissed me.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back.
But once again we were interrupted by Hailey, I should have known he really hadn’t gotten rid of her.
“This is hot as fuck and all, but we got plans so can you two unlock your lips and get dressed so we can get on with our day?” Hailey asked standing in the door way with her hand on her hip and her hip cocked to the side.
“Or you can come over here and join us.” Nick said grinning at her over his shoulder.
I stepped away from him and slapped his shoulder.
“I really don’t think Terri is really into that kinda of thing.” Hailey said rolling her eyes. “Plus, I don’t want to do anything to hurt Brian.”
“Are you sure?” Nick asked grinning. “I could be a lot of fun.”
“Nick I think I’ve seen enough of your ass.” Hailey said and rolled her eyes. “I really don’t need to see anymore. Plus from the look Terri is giving me, I think she may try to kill me if I touch you in a sexual way again. And I like living so I will stay away from you.”
“You got that right.” I said and slapped Nick on the back of the head again. “We’ll be right out.”
“Don’t take so long, cause I really don’t wanna walk in on you two going at it like rabbits.” Hailey said and walked from the room.
“Great job getting rid of her.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“I never really got rid of her, I just let her and Leigh in there.” Nick said and shrugged. “I was supposed to come in and get dressed.”
“Ugh, why do I put up with you?” I asked and rolled my eyes.
“Cause you love me.” He said and pulled me to him again.
I shook my head and pulled away from him.
“Go take a quick shower.” I said and pushed him towards the bathroom. “And then get dressed.”
“Fine.” He said and kissed me on the forehead. “Don’t leave without me.”
“I won’t.” I said and smiled at his back.
I quickly got dressed and then went out into the living room. Hailey just raised an eyebrow at me as I closed the door behind me.
“I’m guessing you had a great night?” Hailey asked as I sat in the chair.
“He told me that he loved me.” I said as I pulled my legs under me.
“You believe him right?” Hailey asked. “I’ve never seen him act this way before.”
“Part of me wants to believe him, but I just don’t know.” I said and tucked my hair behind my ear.
“Trust me,” Hailey said. “I know Nick better then anyone else, besides Brian. I’ve never seen him this way with someone before. If he says that he’s falling for you, then he is.”
“It just seems way to fast for me.” I said and shrugged. “Not that I know what love feels like.”
“It just feels right and like you’ve come home.” Leigh said. “That’s how I felt when I meet Howie.”
“It just seems really to fast for me.” I said.
“There is no time limit on love.” Hailey said. “Don’t worry about it and just see where it takes you.”
“When did you grow up?” I asked.
“Brian’s been good for me.” Hailey said and shrugged.
“I’ll say. I do have to say I’m kinda shocked you didn’t take Nick up on his offer.” I said.
“As much as I would love too, I wouldn’t do that to you or Brian.” Hailey said. “You both mean to much to me.”
“Where is he?” I asked.
“Still sleeping.” Hailey said and grinned. “I gave him quite the work out last night.”
“You dirty whore.” I said laughing.
“Who’s a dirty whore?” Nick asked coming out of the bed room.
“Hailey, who else would be talking about?” I asked looking at him.
“Do you want me to give you a list?” He asked sitting on the arm of my chair.
“Most of your ex girl friends will be on it.” I said.
“Good thing I was never really his girlfriend.” Hailey said and winked at Nick.
“So what are you three you today?” Nick asked.
“Lunch and shopping.” Leigh said.
“Sounds like fun.” Nick said. “What are the guys doing?”
“I don’t know Brian’s still sleeping.” Hailey said.
“Have a good night?” Nick asked.
Hailey just grinned at him.
“God you guys really do have a fucked up relationship.” Leigh said.
“Oh you have no idea.” Hailey said and looked at Leigh. “I’m hungry can we go now?”
“Hailey, you’re always hungry.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“Not my fault I had a really good work out last night.” Hailey said and started to pout.
“God that really is way to much information.” I said. “We don’t need to know about yours and Brian’s sex lives.”
“Aww why not?” Hailey asked.
“Do I really need to go there?” I asked.
“You know I love it when you talk dirty to me.” Hailey said as Nick started to cough.
“You okay Nicky boy?” Hailey asked and raised an eyebrow at him.
“Yeah, I was just thinking of something Brian said.” Nick said.
“What dirty thoughts did he put into your head?” I asked looking at Nick.
“Only the best kind.” Nick said. “It’s not my fault he’s been hanging out with Hailey way to much.”
“Hanging out with me is so much better then hanging out with your stinky ass.” Hailey said.
“The only reason he hangs out with you is because he knows he’ll get laid.” Nick said.
“Is that why you hung out with me?” Hailey asked looking hurt.
“Shit Hailey, you know I was just kidding. I didn’t mean it like that.” Nick said.
“Can we go now?” Hailey asked and stood up not looking at me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Nick’s POV~
Shit I knew as soon as the words came out of my mouth that she was hurt. Just by the look on her face.
“Yeah we can go.” Terri said standing up grabbing her purse.
“Can I talk to you Hailey?” I asked touching her arm.
“Sure make it quick.” Hailey said as the other walked from the room.
I waited til the door was closed behind Terri to turn to Hailey.
“Hailey, you know I didn’t really mean it.” I said.
“That doesn’t matter, it still hurts.” She said and waved her hands about. “What if that’s the only reason Brian’s with me?”
“Hailey, you know that’s not true.” I said and grabbed her arms. “He’s always been in love with you. He just never thought he’d ever get the chance to be really be with you, they way he wants.”
“But what if he changes his mind and goes back with Leighann?” She asked and hugged me.
“I don’t ever see that happen. They haven’t been happy in a long time. It’s be forever since I’ve seen the huge smile he has on his face every time he looks at you or is talking about you. He was never that way with Leighann.” I said. “I’m shocked it’s taken this long for you two to hook up.”
“Thanks Nick.” She said and pulled away from me.
“It’s nothing.” I said and wiped her face.
“I really hope you’re serious about Terri.” She said. “If you hurt her, I will kick your ass.”
“I am.” I said. “I really think she’s the one.”
“Good.” She said and walked from the room.
I laughed and followed out behind her, making sure the door closed.
“You two make up?” Terri asked.
“Yeah.” I said and wrapped my arm around Terri. “So where are we off to now?”
“Up to my room.” Hailey said. “I need to get my purse and sunglasses.”
“Then lead the way. I don’t like standing in the hallway.” I said.
As we walked to the elevator, I kept pinching Terri’s ass. I was usually was a boob guy, but damn it she has a great ass. It was just enough for me to grab on to. I loved it.
She reached up behind me and slapped the back of my head making me pinch her ass again.
“Young love.” Leigh said laughing.
Hailey just snorted as she hit the button to the elevator.
“Don’t be jealous Hailey.” I said grinning at her back.
“Yeah I’ve seen all you have to offer, and I’ve taught you most of what you know so, don’t even go there Carter.” Hailey said. “Plus Brian is ten times better in bed then you.”
“Ouch, if I knew you didn’t mean it, I might be hurt.” I said and rolled my eyes.
She just lifted on eyebrow at me as the elevator dinged. Hailey just shook her head and got onto the elevator with Leigh right behind her. Before Terri could get on the elevator I grabbed her and kissed her.
“God, do you two ever stop?” Hailey asked sticking her head out of the elevator. “Come on, we got people to see and places to be, so get your asses on the damn elevator.”
Terri rolled her eyes and pulled away from me. I grinned and pinched her ass again.
I just ignored the glare she sent me over her shoulder as we walked onto the elevator. I couldn’t keep the grin off my face.
As we road the elevator up to the floor where Brian and Hailey’s room was, I pulled Terri into my chest and ever so often I’d kiss the back of her neck, making her giggle.
“You two make me wanna gag.” Hailey muttered.
“I think it’s cute.” Leigh said.
“Ugh, sure you do.” Hailey said.
“Are you sure you’re not jealous?” Leigh asked.
“No,” Hailey said rolling her eyes. “I’m Brian and I will get to that point one day.”
“As soon as he gets rid of the old bag.” I muttered.
“Nick.” Terri said and elbowed me.
“What?” I asked. “I’ve never liked Leighann. She’s always acted like she was better then everyone.”
“She used to be one of my best friends.” Hailey said as the elevator dinged and opened to Hailey’s floor.
She got off without saying anything. We looked at each other then followed her.
I never realized how hard Hailey was taking this. I had forgotten how close they all were at one point. After all Leighann has done, Hailey still didn’t want to hurt her.
“You coming in Nick, or are you gonna stand out in the hallway?” Terri asked breaking my thought.
“I’m coming.” I said and walked into Hailey’s room.
Terri just laughed as she shut the door behind me. I rolled my eyes and walked into the living room where Howie was flipping through the channels.
“Anything good on?” I asked as I flopped onto the couch next to Howie.
“Not a damn thing.” He said. “I wish I was in bed with my wife right now.”
“Me too. Hailey wake you guys up this morning too?” I asked and laid my head on the back of the couch.
“No, they planed this last night after you guys took off from the club.” He said.
“Are you two done talking about me?” Hailey asked.
I lifted my head to look at her.
“We’ll always talk about you love.” I said and blew her a kiss.
She just flipped me off.
“If you two wake Brian, I will cut your balls off.” Hailey said.
“Like Leigh and Terri would let you.” I said.
“We back her up 100%.” Terri said.
“Why?” I asked.
“Because she scares the crap out of us.” Leigh said.
“Aww guys, you’re making me blush.” Hailey said. “Well let’s go. We have a lot to do.”
“Bye boys, behave.” Terri said as they headed for the door.
“We’ll be back later, so please don’t cause any trouble while we’re gone.” Leigh said following Terri out the door.
“We’re not two.” I said.
“Could have fooled me.” Hailey said and followed the other two out the door, letting it shut behind her.
“So what’s up with Hailey?” Howie asked.
“What do you mean?” I asked looking at him.
“Something seems off.” He said and shook his head. “Maybe I’m reading way to much into it.”
“I don’t think you are.” I said. “I sense it too. But she wouldn’t tell us, she’d confide in AJ or Brian.”
“You’re right.” He said. “I’m just worried something’s gonna happen to pull them apart.”
“I know. I haven’t seen Brian this happy in a long time.” I said. “But I also worry that she’s going to let her issues come between the two of them. I know she feels bad for hurting Leighann the way she is. But you can’t help who you fall for.”
“I know what you mean.” He said and smiled at me. “Speaking of falling for, how are you and Miss Terri doing?”
“Good. We had a nice long talk last night.” I said. “What should we do about Brian and Hailey?”
“There’s nothing we can do.” He said. “And don’t change the subject. We were talking about you and Terri.”
“No we were talking about Brian and Hailey.” I said.
“Come on spill.” He said. “I won’t tell the others.”
“Promise?” I asked.
“Oh this must be good.” He said and laughed. “I promise.”
“Funny D,” I said and rolled my eyes. “But I think she may be the one.”
“You mean by the one, you mean the one that can tame you?” He asked shocked.
“I have no idea what it is about her, but we’ve connected on a level I’ve never had with someone before. The closest I’ve come before was with Hailey, but we knew it would never really work.”
“Wow.” He said speechless.
“I know, it’s kinda out of left field, but I can’t help but feel this way for her.” I said. “I’ve been thinking about popping the question.”
“You mean the big question?” He asked shocked.
“Yes, that question.” I said. “I just don’t know what to do.”
“Just follow your heart.” He said. “It’s all you can do.”
“I know.” I said and sighed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~