- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo Sorry this took so long. But anywho here's the next chapter.
Chapter 6
~Terri’s POV~
“So where are we going?” I asked.
“Where ever you guys wanna go.” Hailey said and shrugged. “Really don’t matter to me.”
“Wanna hit up the shops up and down the strip?” Leigh asked.
“Didn’t we do that yesterday?” Hailey asked.
“We didn’t hit all of them.” Leigh said. “I know there is a few we missed.”
“I’m hungry.” I said. “Since I didn’t get to eat breakfast.”
“Well now who’s fault it that?” Hailey asked.
“That would be yours.” I said. “And don’t even try to dyne it.”
“I wasn’t going to.” Hailey said. “Well let’s go get some food.”
“Where too?” Leigh asked. “Some where in the hotel or down on the strip?”
“Whatever you guys want.” Hailey said. “I don’t care. I’ll eat anything.”
“We already know that.” I said rolling my eyes. “Whether it be male of female.”
“Both? Really?” Leigh asked. “Should I be worried?”
“Has she given you the eye yet?” I asked as we started down the street towards the canal.
“No I don’t think so?” Leigh said sounding confused.
“You would know if I had given you the eye.” Hailey said. “Howie told me that I could never hit on you.”
“Well that’s good.” Leigh said. “So are we getting breakfast or not?”
“Lead the way.” I said.
After we were done eating, we headed to Grand Canal Shoppes at the Venetian. I really wanted to go to Il Prato. I have always loved the mask they have.
“I love this place.” Hailey said as we walked in the doors of the mall.
“As many times as we’ve been here I don’t think I’ve ever come here.” Leigh said. “I can see why you guy love it here so much.”
“Come on, I wanna go to Il Prato.” I said and headed towards my favorite shop.
Walking into the shop, I could see the look of wonderment on Leigh’s face. I laughed to myself and started to walk around.
“You gonna finally buy something?” Hailey asked coming up to me.
“Maybe, maybe not.” I said and looked at her.
“I have a feeling Nicky boy would love that on you.” She said and pointed to a mask hanging on the wall behind the check out.
“Wow.” I said and headed towards the check out. “It’s beautiful.”
“Would you like to see it?” The sales clerk asked me.
“Yes please.” I said as she got it off the wall and handed it to me.
It was light green with silver and gold swirls on it and green, silver and gold butterfly above the left eye.
“Amazing.” Hailey said. “You have to get it.”
“I don’t know.” I said and set it down.
“How much it is.” Hailey asked.
“$99, Ma’am.” The sales clerk said.
“See not that bad.” Hailey said. “You have to get it. Nick won’t leave you alone when you have it on. Trust me on this.”
“Fine, you talked me into it.” I said turning to the sales clerk. “I’ll take it.”
“Great.” She said taking the mask and going to ring it up.
After I paid we left the shop, I didn’t want Hailey talking me into anything else. Hailey and I were leaning on the mall out side the door waiting for Leigh to come out when we almost were plowed down by a group of four girls.
“Fuck, watch where you’re going.” Hailey said.
“Why should we?” A blond said as they came back to us.
“Because it’s rude to run innocent bystanders over,” Hailey said and rolled her eyes. “So next time watch were you’re going.”
“Like oh my God, I know who you two are.” The blond said.
“And who are we?” Hailey asked rolling her eyes.
“You’re the bitches that are trying to break up the Backstreet Boys.” She said and crossed her arms under her fake boobs, pushing them up more.
“And where the hell did you get that idea?” Hailey asked.
“We saw you last night, at the club.” Blondie said.
“So?” Hailey asked. “It’s not that big of a deal. Brian and I kissed. Dude we do that all the time. He is my best friend.”
“So you’re not the reason Brian’s leaving Leighann then?” She asked. “I find that hard to believe. You only want him for his money.”
“Actually, I make more then he does a year.” Hailey said shrugging. “His money means nothing to me.”
“Whatever. And you.” She said pointing to me. “You just had to ruin the best relationship Nick’s ever had.”
“Did you really think Laruen was good for him?” I asked shocked.
“Yes I never saw him as happy as he was with Laruen.” Blondie said.
“Then you never looked close enough.” Hailey said. “She’s a…”
I cut her off. “Hailey, that’s enough.” I said. “They aren’t worth it.”
“Fine.” Hailey said and crossed her arms over her chest. “I wish Leigh would hurry up.”
“I’m sure she’s about done. Where do you wanna go after this?” I asked.
Hailey just shrugged.
“Geee just wait until they boys find out how you’re treating their fans.” The dumb blonde said.
“That’s funny cause she’s actually being really good right now.” I said. “You don’t want to push it anymore. So why don’t you run along?”
“Why don’t you get over yourself, thinking Nick won’t dump you on your ass as soon as he’s done with you.” She sneered at me.
“And why don’t you get over yourself thinking Nick would ever want your damn fake self.” Hailey said stepping closer to the dumb blonde. “Trust me Hunnay he’s over that stage in his life.”
“You’re just pissed he chucked your ass to the curb.” The blonde said.
God I had a feel I was going to interfere soon, but I really didn’t want to. The dumb ass has it coming to her. But I really didn’t need Hailey in jail again. Such is life.
“What’s going on here?” Leigh asked stepping out of the store.
“Just having a chat with some of the boy’s fans.” Hailey said with sarcasm dripping from her voice.
Leigh just raised an eyebrow at me. I shrugged my shoulders at her. Blondie did not seem to like the silent conversation we were having. Like we really cared.
"Come on Halz, we gotta go." I said touching her arm. "Leigh is back."
She didn't say anything she just walked off. Once again, Leigh looked to me to explain my best friend. I shrugged as we followed Hailey.
Once we caught up with Hailey she was by the exit.
“I want to get out of here.” She said.
“Are you really letting what she said get to you?” I asked.
“I’m trying not to.” She said and raked her fingers through her hair. “I don’t know why they are.”
“You okay Hailey?” Leigh asked.
“Yeah, I’m fine.” Hailey said. “Where do you guys want to go now? I’m game for whatever.”
“Let’s just head back to towards the hotel and we’ll stop along the way.” I said. “How does that sound?”
“Whatever.” Hailey said and started to walk.
Leigh and I just followed slightly behind her.
“Is she okay?” Leigh asked.
“I don’t know.” I said. “They really didn’t say anything to really piss her off.”
“Are things okay between her and Brian?” Leigh asked.
“We really don’t talk about them.” I said. “I don’t think she would tell me if there was.”
“Why not?” Leigh asked. “You’re her best friend.”
I just shrugged.
“Okay then.” Leigh said shaking her head.
“She’ll talk when she’s ready to talk.” I said.
“I’m worried about her.” Leigh said.
“We all are.” I said looking at Hailey.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Nick’s POV~
When Brian finally showed his face, I successfully had Howie on another topic, that wasn’t Terri and I. Which I couldn’t be more grateful for, I really didn’t want to talk about it with him anymore. Though he was the only one I really trusted to tell with out freaking out.
“Why didn’t you guys wake me up?” Brian asked sitting next to Howie.
“We liked our parts where they are.” I said.
“Hailey told us if we woke up, she’s make sure that we’d never get any again.” Howie said.
“Is that why Nick has a pillow over his lap?” Brian asked trying not to laugh.
“No Leigh and Terri backed her up.” I said. “They are scary on there own, but damnit all together they are worse then Jason or Freddy.”
“So what are we going to do now?” Howie asked.
“About what?” Brian asked.
“Everything.” Howie said and shrugged. “Have you heard from Leighann yet?”
“No, but then again I haven’t turned my phone on yet this morning.” Brian said. “Hailey made me turn it off last night.”
“Leighann’s gonna go ape shit.” I said.
“Yeah, well what about Laruen?” Brian asked.
“Oh she already went ape shit.” I said. “She went back to our room last night, Terri said we should go get my stuff, so we did. Laruen wasn’t happy.”
“Did Terri tell you why they set this up?” Brain asked.
“She said that it had to do with the talk I had with Hailey last week.” I said. “I really didn’t want to believe that Laruen would do that.”
“Leighann has been doing the same thing to me since we got married.” Brian said.
“What?” I asked shocked.
“Yeah, I found out right before we left for tour. She doesn’t know that I know yet.” Brain said as my phone rang.
I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that it was Hailey. I sighed and tossed it to Brian, who answered it.
I hope things are okay. I’d hate for some crazy fans to do something to the girls while they were out.
“I’m guessing the shit has hit the fan.” Howie said.
“Big time.” Brian said and ran his hand over his face. “Who wants to go get AJ up?”
“I will.” Howie said standing up. “Should I bring Rochelle too?”
“Might as well.” Brian said. “We’ll need all the help we can get.”
“Okay, be back soon.” Howie said and walked out of the room.
“What are we going to do?” I asked and sighed.
“I have no idea but we’ll figure it out.” Brian said. “It’s not like we haven’t been through this before.”
“I know, but the fans caught you cheating on Leighann.”I said. “They loved her.”
“I know, but I don’t love her anymore.” Brian said and shrugged. “God did I just say that?”
“Yeah you did. When did it happen?” I asked.
“Most likely when I started to hang around Hailey more, and I saw how much of life I was missing.” Brian said. “Not that I’d go back and change anything. I’m very grateful for what I have.”
“Baylee’s not going to take this well at all.” I said.
“Trust me I know. I hate to do this to him, but I can’t stay with her.” Brian said.
“Because you cheated on her?” I asked.
“She cheated on my first, with Hailey’s brother.” Brian said. “She’s not sure if the baby is mine or not.”
“God, I’m sorry Brian.” I said.
“Hailey’s helped a lot.” Brian said. “Even if she didn’t know it.”
“I’m glad I could help.” Hailey said from the door way. “Though I wish you would have told me from the start.”
“I didn’t want to worry you.” Brian said and stood up.
She just smiled at me as she set her bags down.
“How was shopping?” Brian asked as he hugged her.
“Fine until your fans started to follow us everywhere.” Hailey said. “But other then that it was fine.”
“She’s candy coating it.” Terri said and sat next to me. “They were horrible.”
“You okay Terri?” I asked taking her hand.
“Yeah I’m fine they didn’t hurt us.” She said and smiled at him.
“Where’s Howie?” Leigh asked sitting down on the couch.
“He went to get AJ and Rochelle.” Brian said pulling away from Hailey.
“Good.” She said as I sat down.
Hailey walked over and sat on Brian lap.
“So what’s the plan of action?” Leigh asked.
“We were waiting for D and J to get here to talk about it.” Brian said. “What do you guys think?”
“We shouldn’t hide anything.” Hailey said. “That’ll make things so much worse.”
“I’m not sure if that’s the best option we have.” Howie said.
“Why not?” Hailey asked standing up. “No matter what we do, we’re gonna be put through the ringer. Yeah it’s gonna suck, but if we show a united front it won’t be so bad.”
“You’ve never had to face something like this before.” AJ pointed out. “It’s not that easy.”
“Just because I was never in the lime light, doesn’t mean I haven’t been through something like this before.” Hailey said. “No matter what we do, we have to do this together.”
“Why do you care what happens?” Rochelle asked. “You got what you wanted.”
“You have no idea what you’re even talking about.” Hailey said. “I never wanted this to happen, but damnit I’m not going to apologize for it. I love Brian, and no matter what people say it’s the truth.”
“Clam down Hailey.” Brian said and wrapped his arms around her waist. “It won’t do any good to get all pissed off.”
“Yeah well its better then jumping on a plane and going to Atlanta.” Hailey said and pulled away from Brian.
“She has a point.” Terri said. “Well more then one actually.”
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“Being a fan myself, I know what others are thinking, they don’t like change, and if you guys try and hide what’s going on, it’s just going to make it all that much worse for you guys.” Terri said. “Hailey’s right, if you guys come out united the fans will take it so much better.”
“Thank you Terri.” Hailey said.
“You’re my best friend.” Terri said standing up. “I’ll stick by you, no matter how much you tend to piss me off sometimes.”
“So what are we going to do?” Howie asked.
“Use the tools we have.” Hailey said. “Post something on Twitter, MySpace, Facebook, and your wed site.”
“Saying what?” Rochelle asked. “Yes, I cheated on my wife with my best friend and I’m leaving said wife for said best friend? You have to be kidding me.”
“She’s right Rochelle; we need to do this together as a family.” AJ said and put his hand on her shoulders.
“What about Leighann and Laruen?” Rochelle asked. “I really don’t care about Laruen she’s a bitch, but Leighann has been a friend to us all.”
“Leighann is not the person you think she is.” Hailey said. “She started this whole mess.”
“What are you talking about?” Rochelle asked.
“She cheated on Brian first.” Hailey said. “So don’t give us shit for something she did first.”
“Do you heave proof?” Rochelle asked.
“Yes.” Hailey said.
That shocked me.
“You do?” Brian asked.
“Later.” Hailey said.
“Shit, he didn’t.” Terri said.
“Don’t worry I’ll deal with him later.” Hailey said not looking at anyone.
“I think we should leave you and Hailey to talk, Bri.” I said. “We’ll start the plan.”
“Thanks Nick.” Hailey said and smiled at him.
“Don’t’ worry Babe, it’s gonna be okay.” I said standing up and took Terri’s hand. “Well make sure of it.”
“The only person I don’t want to get hurt is Baylee, he doesn’t deserve this.” I heard Hailey say as we walked away.
Neither of us said anything as we made our way back down to Terri’s room. Not until we were safely inside the door.
“God I feel so bad for Hailey.” Terri said. “She never asked for any of this to happen.
“None of us did.” I said and hugged from behind. “But we will deal with it as a family. It’s all we can do.”
“You know you make it really hard not to fall for you right now.” She said and turned to face me.
“The same to you my dear.” I said and kissed her forehead.
“What do you see in me?” She asked not looking at me.
“I see my future. Something I’ve never seen in anyone before.” I said and tipped her chin up to look her in the eyes. “Yes I know I’ve seen songs about it, but I’ve never seen it in real life before you. I’ve really fallen hard for you.”
“I feel for you two years ago.” She said in a whisper.
I smiled and kissed her forehead.
She wrapped her arms around my waist and laid her head on my chest.
“I meant it when I told you I was falling in love last night.” I said laying my head on the top of hers.
“I know.” She said. “I know.”
“You don’t think this is moving to fast do you?” I asked.
“No.” She said. “It’s been brewing for two years. What happened last night only confirmed what we both already knew.”
“And what was that?” I asked.
“That we belong together.” She said and kissed my chest. “No matter who tries to get in our way, now that I have you, I’m not letting you go. Ever.”
“Ditto.” I said and grinned at her. “So what did you buy me?”
“Who says I bought you anything?” She asked and pulled away from me.
“You mean you didn’t?” I asked and pouted.
“Just to let you know that face may work on your fans, but it sure as Hell doesn’t work on me.” She said and walked into the bed room with a smile on her face.
I just stood there and watched her walk way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~