- Text Size +

CHAPTER 16

"Nick, you can't honestly want to go home to that?" Howie complained.

"The THAT you're referring to is my boyfriend." Nick said getting a bit angry.

"Yeah, the boyfriend who had you crying so hard two seconds ago you where choking on your own tears." Howie fought back.

"Well, he said he was sorry." Nick offered.

"He's said that before. You said it yourself." Howie tried to reason.

"I have to trust him." Nick stood.

"I care about you Nick." He stood now also.

"Really? It sounds like you want me to be homeless. It sounds like you want me to be alone. It sounds like you want me to be unhappy." Tears came to Nick's eyes.

"No, Nick that's not it. I just don't wanna see you get hurt." Howie seemed to plead.

"What will hurt is me being homeless, alone and unhappy. That's what'll happen if I loose him. No one wants me but him!" Nick cried.

"That's not true. Don't believe the lies he's feeding you." Howie tried to reach out and touch him but Nick quickly moved away and toward the door.

"Fuck you! I don't even know why I came here! All you wanna do is see me hurt."

"Nick! That's not true! Please listen to me!" Howie begged following him outside.

"I should have known. How could I be so blind. All this time I thought you were my friend when really all you've been is my enemy!" Nick yelled then slammed his car door shut.

"No! I'm not! I'm not Nick!" Howie cried out.

Nick simply flipped him the bird and sped off.

"I'm not your enemy." He whispered.

Nick cried the whole drive home. He just wanted Marshall to hold him in his arms and tell him everything was gonna be ok.

When he pulled into the drive he got out of the car as fast as he could and ran toward the door and inside.

"Marshall!" He cried out.

"Nicky?" He questioned worried.

"I'm sorry." Nick cried.

"What? Nicky why?" Marshall said moving toward him.

"I was so wrong. I'm so sorry." Nick cried.

"Calm down Nicky. What are you talking about?" Marshall asked pulling him into his arms.

"I went and saw Howie. I told him you called me fat and that it hurt my feelings and he wanted me to leave you. I don't wanna leave you. I love you. Please don't hate me." Nick cried.

"Oh Nicky." Marshall said and paused to kiss his forehead. "I'm so sorry. I knew he was gonna hurt you. All those little ass holes want to hurt you." Marshall cried.

"Not Brian." Nick cried.

"I know Nicky but the rest of them do. I wish you would listen to me. If you would have you wouldn't be hurting right now." Marshall said and kissed his forehead.

"I'll listen to you. I promise. I'll loose weight. I'll stop acting like a baby. I'll fuck you whenever you want. I wont talk to Howie unless you say..."

"Shhh. Nicky, don't cry. It's ok now. I forgive you."

"Really?" Nick sniffed looking up at him.

"Really baby. No hard feelings. We where both wrong and we are both sorry. So lets forgive and forget. Alright?"

Nick nodded wiping away his tears.

"Come on Nicky. Let's go cuddle in front of the TV. I know how much you love that." Marshall said and pulled him toward the living room.

"I really am sorry." Nick whispered.

"Shh... it's all over now." Marshall soothed.

Nick sat down on the couch next to his lover and was instantly pulled into his lap.

"Just relax now." Marshall softly said and began playing with his hair.

Soon Nick relaxed. He was happy to be in a nice, warm house in the arms of a strong, sexy man.

Before long Nick fell asleep in Marshall arms.

For the longest time Marshall let him lay there sleeping. He really hadn't meant to hurt Nick. He was just so afraid of being hurt again like Kim had hurt him. He really loved her and now he really loved Nick and didn't wanna loose him.

Soon Marshall grew tired too. He woke Nick up and helped him to bed where they both fell asleep in each others arms.