- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Date: June 5th of 1999
Location:  Amsterdam, Netherlands



Three days later the backstreet boys found themselves in Germany. The schedule had been so packed that the boys only had time to rest when they were sleeping which was mostly only when traveling from one destination to the next. After tonight's show however they would have an entire day to relax until heading to Koeln, Germany for another night concert on the seventh.

"Nick, can I call Angel now?" Aaron begged as he watched his brother get his make up put on for the show.

Nick glanced at his watch then looked off into space trying to figure out what time it would be back home. "Yeah, you should be fine." Nick finally told him.

Aaron smiled happily and pulled out his cell phone. After dialing the number he put the phone to his ear and waited for her to pick up.

His face dropped when he finally heard her voice-mail pick up.

"She didn't answer?" Nick asked.

"No." He replied and listened to the recording of Angel's voice. He sure did miss her.

"Hey, It's Angel. I can't answer the phone right now or I would have picked up. Leave me some love and I'll call you back."

Aaron then heard a beep letting him know it was ok to go ahead and leave a message. "Hey Ang, It's me. I just wanted to talk to you cause I miss you. Call me back. Bye." He then hung up the phone and slowly put it back in his pocket. He looked pretty upset.

"Poor thing." He heard the woman working on Nick say.

"It'll be ok buddy. I'm sure she'll call you back when she can." Nick tried to comfort him.

Aaron just sighed deeply as AJ passed by. Hearing Aaron he stopped and popped into the room. "Yo Air, why the sad face?"

"Angel didn't answer the phone." He sadly explained.

"Awe, well why don't you make Nick give you some money and I'll take you to get some candy from the concession." AJ patted his shoulder.

"Make Nick give him money?" Nick questioned.

AJ gently grabbed Aaron's face and turned it toward Nick, "He's sad Nicky. How can you tell him No?" AJ gave Nick a puppy dog pout.

Nick shook his head and laughed a bit, "Fine. Here." Nick said and grabbed a few dollars from his wallet.

Aaron smiled and stood up.

"Don't let AJ talk you into buying anything for him." Nick warned handing him the money.

"I won't." Aaron said putting it in his pocket.

"Alex, make sure he gets back here to me safe." Nick gave him a warning glare.

"No worries." He replied and headed out the door with Aaron.

On their way to the concession stand AJ was stopped by a crew member, "We had to change your mic and so we need you to do a quick sound check." He told him.

Aaron suddenly looked unhappy again, "What about my candy?"

"Sorry Air..."

"I'll take you to get some candy Aaron." Kevin said walking up.

Aaron smiled as AJ asked, "You don't mind?"

"Of course not. Me and mini-Nick are buddies. Right?" He asked slinging an arm around Aaron's neck.

"Yeah." Aaron agreed.

"Alright, just make sure he gets back to Nick safe... I promised and he'll kick my ass if something happens to him." AJ warned as the crew member began to pull him off.

"Let's go buddy." Kevin said and they began to walk.

Aaron's phone vibrated in his pocket. He quickly pulled it out hoping it would be Angel but to his dismay he found it was just a text from Leslie.

'Sorry Aaron. Mom took away Angel's phone for a week cause she failed a test. I'll give her your love.' It read.

Aaron's face dropped once more.

"What wrong?" Kevin asked seeing his sad little face.

"I wanna talk to Angel cause I miss her and mom took away her phone for a week." He said trying to force back a few tears that wanted to form.

Kevin bent down and pulled Aaron into a hug, "I'm sorry buddy. I know your life kinda sucks right now. Anything I can do to make it better?"

Aaron pulled away and wiped his moistened eyes, "I dunno."

Kevin stood up and messed up Aaron's hair, "Why don't we start by getting you that Candy. I have an idea on how to cheer you up." Kevin winked and they once again began walking.

After buying two snicker bars and a bottle of water Kevin and Aaron began walking back toward the back of the arena. Instead of heading back to where Nick was Kevin took an unexpected turn down a hall and lead Aaron into his dressing room.

"I thought I was supposed to go back with Nick." Aaron gave Kevin a puzzled look.

"I'll take you back to Nick after I help cheer you up." Kevin told him sitting on the small couch.

"How are you gonna do that?" Aaron wondered.

"Well, you remember how I told you that you were special?" Kevin asked patting the seat next to him on the couch.

Aaron nodded as he sat next to him.

"Ok, well, how would you feel if I gave you a little extra special attention? I mean, we'd have to keep it a secret cause everyone else would get really jealous of you. I don't give special attention to just anyone." Kevin told him removing the candy and water from his hands.

"I dunno." Aaron felt a little uncomfortable as Kevin placed his things down on a small table in the room.

"I promise I wont hurt you. I'll just make you feel really good and if you wanna stop we can. Besides, it'll help you learn how to be a really good boyfriend to a girl one day." Kevin used a finger to turn Aaron's face toward him so he could look into his eyes.

"Really? You'd help me learn how to be a good boyfriend?" Aaron asked.

"Of course. You're special remember? All I ask is that you promise to keep it a secret. I don't want anyone getting mad at me for giving you such special attention." Kevin almost cooed.

Slowly Aaron nodded, "Ok, I promise."