- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I am SO SO SORRY I didn't update last night!!!  I'll post 3 or 4 tonight for you! 

 

Chapter 124

 

          After Rochelle and AJ leave, Brian and Eva go to bed.  Even though it's still early, both are exhausted and emotionally drained.  Eva sits on the edge of the bed and says, "I'm really glad we told Rochelle.  It may have embarrassed AJ, but she's seeing a part of him she's never seen before."

 

          Brian says, "Yeah, I know.  To be honest, none of us have seen AJ like this.  I mean, yeah, I've seen him get in fights and he's quick to jump in to defend a friend.  But I've never seen him like that."

 

          Eva says, "If you had seen Elaine, you'd have understood Brian.  I wanted to do that myself."  Sniffing loudly, she says, "He was going to rape her in front of me.  That was part of his sick and twisted plan.  I couldn't do anything to stop it."

 

          Brian sits by her and puts his arm around her.  He says, "Baby, don't think of what MIGHT have happened.  She's ok and he didn't rape her.  That's what matters."

          Leaning on him she says, "I know."  She sighs deeply and says, "I'm so tired."

 

          He says, "Come on, let's get you ready for bed.  I'm going to make sure we're all locked up.  Do you need anything?"

 

          She says, "No, I'm fine."  She leans over and kisses his cheek and says, "I love you."

          He says, "I love you too.  I'll be back in a minute."

 

          When he leaves the room, Eva takes off her clothes and grabs one of Brian's shirts from the closet.  Normally she sleeps naked, but for some reason, tonight, she feels like she should wear something.

 

          Brian comes in and sees her laying in bed with her eyes closed. He quickly sheds his clothes, opting to leave his underwear on.  He turns off the lights, then climbs in bed with her before turning off the lamp by the bed.

 

          When darkness covers the room, Eva scoots in close to Brian and he pulls her close.  He can feel her body shaking with tears and he quietly holds her close.  Finally, she whispers, "Brian, I could have lost her today."

 

          He holds her tightly and says, "Baby, you didn't.  You have to stop thinking of what could have happened.  I know it's hard but she's safe and she's with Nick."

 

          "Am I a bad sister because I'm not with her?" she asks.  "I feel like I should be with her or she should be here.  This is all my fault and I should be taking care of her."

          Brian says, "Whoa, wait, when did this become all your fault?  Last time I checked, Archer was the one who did all this shit."

 

          She says, "Yeah, but he did it because of me."

 

          He says "Stop.  He did this because he's a bad man.  He tried to rape you because he's not man enough to have a woman love him.  He's unlovable.  He's a psycho and now he's where he belongs.  For good.  So, how do you figure this became your fault?"

          She says, "I put him in jail.  Twice before, now three times."

 

          Brian says, "He belongs in jail Eva.  It's where he deserves to be.  He put himself in jail by attacking you and Elaine. You have to stop thinking it's all your fault."

 

          She sniffs and says, "But he said it was because of everything I did to him."

 

          Brian says, "Eva, listen.  He's trying to justify it in his mind.  By blaming you he doesn't have to admit to himself he did something very bad and hurt people."  He sits up and turns on the light.  Turning to face her, he says, "Listen, if he had been Elaine's boyfriend and everything had happened the opposite way, would it be all her fault?"

          She says, "Of course not, but that's different."

 

          He says, "How is it different Eva?  If you and Elaine traded places, it wouldn't be her fault either.  I know you're upset because she's hurt a little, but I refuse to let you feel guilty and I'm sure she feels the same way."

          She puts her arms around his neck and says, "Brian, she's my sister.  She shouldn't be hurt.  She's everything good that I never was."

 

          He says, "STOP.  Eva, you're a good person, heart and soul.  Just because you like to have fun doesn't mean you were ever bad.  If that's the case, you should really get Elaine away from Nick.  He was a party guy, but he has a heart of gold and your sister found the key to it."

 

          She sobs into his shoulder and says, "Brian, she shouldn't be hurt."

 

          He says, "I know Baby.  She shouldn't be.  Neither of you should be.  But just because she is doesn't make it your fault.  None of this is because of you.  It's because an evil person TRIED to do an evil thing.  He's where he belongs and so are you.  And so is Elaine."

 

          She looks at him and says, "Brian, I need to see her.  I know you called Nick, but I want to see her.  Will you call him and see if it's ok?  Please?"

 

          He kisses her forehead and says, "Sure, I'll call."

 

          He grabs his phone and dials Nick's number and when Nick answers, he says, "Hey man, it's me.  How's Elaine?"  After a few seconds, he says, "Well, that's good.  Listen, is she awake?  Eva's worried.  I thought maybe if Elaine's up for it, we can pop over long enough for Eva to see she's ok."  Another minute of silence and he says, "OK, cool.  See you then."

 

          He hangs up and looks at Eva and says,  "Elaine's more than ready to see you.  She's been worried about you too.  So, let's go."

 

          Eva sits up and hugs him tightly and says, "I love you Brian."

 

          He says, "I love you too.  Let's get ready."

 

 

 

 

          After Nick hangs up with Brian he says, "Brian and Eva are coming over.  She's as worried about you as you are about her."

 

          We're sitting in the basement cuddled up on the couch.  The lights are low and he's holding me close.  He puts his phone back on the table in front of us and says, "Are you ok with her coming over?"

          I say, "Yeah, I am.  She's gonna flip out when she sees all these bruises."

 

          He says, "Elaine, the bruises are going to go away.  They will heal and in time, so will you and Eva."

          I say, "Nick, when they get here, do you mind if I talk to Eva alone?  I mean, it's not that I don't..."

 

          He says, "Stop.  It's ok.  You need time with your sister.  It's ok.  Do you want to go upstairs and I'll bring Brian down here while you talk?"

          I sigh and say, "Yeah, I guess so."

 

          He says, "Elaine, do you feel better down here?"

 

          I say, "Yeah, kind of.  No windows you know?"

 

          He smiles and says, "I love you."

 

          I try to smile back but it's a small one and I say, "I love you too."

 

          He says, "Let's go upstairs until they get here. I don't know if we can hear the buzzer down here."

 

          As we head upstairs, I say, "Nick, thanks for telling Brian they could come over."

 

          He says, "You don't have to thank me.  I think you need Eva and she needs you."

 

          At the top of the stairs, I stop him and say, "Nick, what I need most is your love.  I hope you know that."

          He kisses my forehead and says, "I know.  And believe me, you have all my love and you always will."

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

let us know!  :)