- Text Size +

Chapter 141 

          I put the potatoes in to bake and run to do my make up and turn down the bed.  I light scented candles in the den, then I go back to the dining room and put candles on the table and light them.  I check the refrigerator and find the last bottle of sparkling cider from the Design Divas grand opening party. I put it in an ice bucket and set out two wine glasses.

          I think back to the counseling session where we discussed drinking, because victims tend to drink more to forget.  The counselor was pleased to know that I don't drink and suggested that for a few months we avoid bringing alcohol into the house.  I smile thinking of how Nick said we didn't need alcohol in the house anyway.

          The sound of his car pulls me from my memories.  I quickly turn on the broiler to heat for the steaks and walk into the living room just as he's closing the door and locking it. 

          When he turns and sees me, he stops dead in his tracks. I walk up to him and look up into his eyes and say, "Hi."

          He puts his hand on my waist and says, "Hi yourself, Gorgeous.  You look beautiful." 

          I smile and say, "Thanks."

          He leans down and kisses me gently and says, "What's the occasion?"

          I say, "I just thought it would be nice if we had a nice, romantic dinner together."  I take his hand and pull him into the dining room.  When he sees everything I've done, he says, "This is beautiful, Babe, but really, you didn't have to go to all this trouble."

         I hug him and say, "Yes, I did.  Tonight is special.  I'll tell you why after dinner."  I stand on tip toe and kiss his cheek before going in to put the steaks in. 

          He says, "I'll be right back, Elaine."

           I look at him and say, "OK, steaks will be done in a few minutes and everything else is ready."

          While he's gone, I take out the salads and put them on the table along with dressing and steak sauce for the steaks.  When he comes back in, I can see he changed his shirt and shaved.  I almost giggle, but I don't. He's so sweet to me.

          Once the food is ready we sit together and have one of the best evenings we've had in a long time.  After we finish eating, I bring out chocolate mousse for dessert.  Nick groans and says, "I guess two work outs are in order for tomorrow." 

          I laugh and say, "Maybe not."

          Once we finish eating, Nick says, "Now what do you want to do?" 

          I stand and say, "Come with me."

          He says, "What about the dishes?"

          I say, "Not tonight."

          I take him into the den where I have even more candles burning.  I leave the lights off and walk over to the stereo, turning it on.  I walk back to Nick and I say, "Nick, will you dance with me?"

          When he pulls me into his arms, he says, "I love dancing with you, but what brought all this on?"

          I smile and say, "Nick, I realized today that I am the luckiest person in the world. I wanted to show you how much you mean to me and how much I love you." 

          I lay my head on his chest and he holds me close as we sway to the music.  He says, "Baby, I love you too."

          His fingers slide inside the back of my shirt and he caresses my skin.  I know he's not aware of it, but his touch is making my body ache.  It's been so long since I've been with him, I'm almost desperate to feel him all over me.  One tiny fear remains, but it's not about Donovan. It's the fear that Nick isn't going to want to make love.  I push aside those thoughts and concentrate on seducing my fiancé. 

          I lean back and he looks into my eyes. I pull his head down to mine and kiss him.  A long, deep, sensual kiss that leaves me breathless and yearning for more.  I slide my hands down his arms and pull away from him just enough to say, "Nick, I love you.  I love you and I need you.  I want you to make love to me.  Tonight."

          He cups my face gently in his hands and says, "Baby, are you sure?  I want you so much, Elaine. I want to make love to you so much I ache.  But only if you're sure you are ready."

          I start unbuttoning his shirt and I say, "Nick, I'm sure.  I need you more than I've ever needed anyone in my life." 

          Once his shirt is unbuttoned, I slide my hands up his chest, and he groans and whispers,  "Baby, I've missed your touch." 

          I pull his head to mine and say, "Let's go to bed, Nick."

          We blow out the candles and he takes my hand.  When we get to our room, he says, "Elaine, I've missed touching you." 

          Standing close to him, I strip off my shirt and say, "Touch me Nick."  The scratches and bruises have long since faded away.  He trails his fingers up my stomach between my breasts and up to my neck.  I shiver and his fingers stop moving.  I whisper, "Don't stop, Nick."

          He shrugs off his shirt and pulls me into his arms.  Feeling his skin against mine sends heat racing through my body.  I slide my arms up around his neck as his circle my waist.  He lifts me up and presses me fully against him as his lips cover mine. 

          Being in his arms again like this is like coming home.  I pull my lips away from his and say, "I need you Nick, please."

          He puts me on my feet and we undress each other. I can tell he's still afraid he's going to hurt me or scare me.  He lets me take the lead.  I push him back on the bed and crawl up his body.  I hear his breath quicken as I pause, slowly lowering myself until our bodies are barely touching.   His hands slide up my thighs and across my ass to my back.  He looks in my eyes and says, "I've missed you Baby." 

          When I guide him inside me, tears flood my eyes.  Tears of joy.  He wraps me in his arms and rolls over until he's covering me, kissing away my tears.  He whispers, "I love you Baby."

          I hold onto him tightly, savoring every ripple of his muscles, every thrust of his  body.  I've ached for this for so long.  When our bodies are spent and he rolls to his side pulling me against him, I whisper, "I've missed you so much, Nick." 

          Kissing my temple he holds me close and says, "I've missed you too, Baby.  Welcome home."

          I kiss his chest over his heart and say, "This is home.  In your arms, where I belong.  I love you Nick." 

          I tilt my face to his and he kisses me gently.  When his lips leave mine, he whispers, "Love you too, Baby."

          I fall asleep in his arms, content that my life is mine again.  And nothing will change that ever again.

 

Chapter End Notes:

let us know! :)