- Text Size +

Chapter 147

          I just look at Nick stunned.  When I find my voice, I say, "Really?" 

          He says, "Yeah, really.  I've been wanting to ask you for so long, but you've been so busy."

           I can't stop myself, I jump up, wrapping my arms around his neck and I say, "Really?  Seriously, before the tour?"

          He laughs and says, "I take it this means yes?" 

          I laugh with my face buried in his neck and then I say, "I wanted to marry you the day after you asked me."

          He carries me wrapped around his neck into the kitchen and sits me down on a bar stool.  Looking me in the eye he says, "Why didn't you say something?" 

          I say, "Nick, I couldn't walk.  Then everything happened with the business, then Donovan.  No time seemed right and you seemed happy just being us, so I didn't want to pressure you."

          Cupping my face in his hands, he says, "Baby, if you want a big wedding, it's fine.  This is YOUR big day.  Whatever you want, you get." 

          I smile and say, "Anything I want?  No matter what it is?"

           He says, "Anything.  Name it, it's yours."

          I grab his  belt and hold it, looking up into his eyes. I say, "I want to get married here, in our back yard, with our friends.  Just us.  I don't want a big huge spectacle of a wedding.  Is that ok?" 

          He says, "Really?  You don't want a big wedding?"

          I say, "No, just our friends here is all I need.  And your family if you want to invite them.  The only family I have is you and Eva." 

          He says, "But what about the big church wedding all girls want?"

          I laugh and say, "Nick, when did I become all girls?  I only need you there.  And Eva and a minister.  I don't want a big fancy wedding to be crashed by all your fans and paparazzi.  Are you ok with that?" 

          He kisses me, then says, "Baby, it sounds perfect.  Is there anything else you want?"

          I say, "Actually, there is.  I want it to be casual and fun.  I mean, yeah, Eva will do my dress otherwise, she'll hate me forever, but I don't want you in a tux.  I want our reception to be a pool party.  Does that make sense?" 

          He smiles and says, "Baby, coming from you, it's absolutely perfect.  You want it to be fun for everyone and I love that about you."

          I start unbuckling his belt and he says, "Aren't we planning our wedding?" 

          I smile and say, "It's planned.  You, me, our friends, in the back yard.  Right now, I'd rather make things fun for everyone in this room."

          When I lower his zipper, he whispers, "Baby,  life with you is gonna be fun every day." 

          I say, "I just thought maybe we could get a head start on the honeymoon."

          When I slide my hand in his pants, he whispers, "You can get a head start on whatever you want, just don't stop touching me like that." 

          I lay my cheek against his as I stroke him and I whisper, "You feel good, Nick."

          Rubbing his hand between my legs, he whispers, "I can feel how hot you are through your jeans.  You're ready for me Baby, aren't you?"

          I don't know if it's his touch or the way his voice dropped to a growl but I'm overcome with lust.  I start unbuttoning his shirt as he pulls me off the bar stool and goes to work on my pants.  Once his shirt is open, I strip mine over my head as he kicks his pants out of the way and jerks mine down my legs.  Not bothering to take off my bra or his shirt, he puts me back on the bar stool and steps between my legs.

          My body quakes as he thrusts inside me and I grab him and hold on for dear life.  Every time we make love it seems stronger and more intense than anything I've ever felt before.  He holds my hips as I wrap my legs around him. 

          Looking up into his eyes I whisper, "I love you," before my body tightens around him.  He groans and presses deeper into me, reaching his own climax.  As he holds me close and we gasp for air, I manage to say, "That was incredible."

          With his head resting against mine, he says, "I don't know if incredible is a good enough word.  I swear I don't think it's ever been that intense." 

          Laying my head on his sweaty chest, I push his shirt off and let it fall to the floor.  I kiss him gently on his shoulder working my way up to his neck.  He squeezes me and says, "What are you doing?"

          I giggle and say, "I'm addicted to you Carter.  I can't get enough." 

          He says, "I feel the same way, but don't we need sleep?"

          I giggle and say, "Probably, but this is more fun." 

          He says, "Everything I do with you is fun.  But we really should sleep."

          I sigh and say, "OK, good night."

          When I lay my head on his chest, he says, "Baby, you're silly."  Lifting me in his arms, he carries me to our room.  When he sits me on the bed, he sees me grinning and says, "Just wanted me to carry you, huh?"

          I nod and take off my bra before laying down.  When he turns off the light and joins me, he pulls me close and says, "I love you Elaine.  You're the best thing that's ever happened in my life." 

          I sigh and say, "I love you too Nick.  Good night."