- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes, it's been a long time! I've been BUSY BUSY BUSY as I just had a baby 9.5 weeks ago. :) I'm back now though & I am going to try my best to keep up with updating!
Chapter 6
(Bella)
When I got home that afternoon, after my run in with Nick at the studio, I'll admit I had a bit of a breakdown. The way he'd grabbed me, I was honestly scared. What had I gotten myself into with this one? And why was I still so damn intrigued by him? I shrugged off my feelings for the moment & went upstairs to emerse myself in a bubble bath.
****
The next morning I had seriously contemplated calling in to work. I just really did not want to see Nick again. He was bad news & I just really needed to stay away from him. I had the phone in my hand when I heard a knock on my door. I looked at the clock. "Who could be at my door this early?" I sat the phone back down on the cradle & made my way to the door to my apartment. I was shocked when I saw Nick standing on the other side, holding two cups of coffee. "What are you doing here?"
He looked awkward & shy; different from the man I'd encountered yesterday. "I, uh, thought maybe I'd surprise you before work. I brought you a coffee." He held it out to me.
I took it and looked into his eyes. "Well, I am certainly surprised. Come in."
He smiled & walked past me into my tiny, one bedroom apartment. "Nice place you have here."

"Uhm thanks. How exactly did you find out where I lived?" I asked, watching as he made himself comfortable on the couch. I slowly made my way over to the chair & sat down.
He chuckled. "Well, I did a little investigating."
"Well, that's a total invasion of my privacy." I told him and took a sip of my coffee.
He nodded. "I'm sorry. I just felt like after yesterday, I owed you an apology for the way I acted. Obviously we've gotten off on the wrong foot here."
I took a deep breath. "Well, I appreciate your apology. I'm not going to lie to you, I was slightly scared."
"I know, & I'm sorry for that too."
I stood up. "Nick, I really need to get ready for work."
He nodded & stood up. I led him to the door. "I guess I'll see you later on." He told me.
"Yeah, I'll be there." I told him. He smiled, turned & headed down the hallway. I closed the door & leaned against it, sighing loudly. I was definitely in too deep with this guy.
****
I sat at my desk that morning, rethinking my conversation with Nick. Maybe I owed him an apology for the way I'd acted, but how? I'd led him on the other night & really I did feel horrible about it. Maybe I'd ask him out on another date? Yeah. That's what I'd do. The other night had been great, but when he'd started taking it to the next level I freaked out. He had a lot more experience in that department than I had. I was scared & nervous. I just didn't want to be a disappointment to him.
I was typing away on my keyboard when I heard the doors open & all five of the group members filed in for their studio session. I figured it was now or never. "Nick, can I talk to you for a second?"
He hesitated for a second, looking at the other guys. "Yeah. For a sec. Where do you wanna talk?"
"Conference room?" I said, posing it more as a question. He nodded. I got up & led the way to the room. I felt a flutter in my stomach when he shut & locked the door behind him. "Nick, I really feel like I owe you an apology as well - for the way I acted after everything that happened in the limo the other night & for yesterday. Everything that happened was so amazing, but I've just never done anything like that with anyone & I got scared. When I get scared I pull back. I'm so sorry."
He nodded. "Well, I have to admit you're the first girl that's every made me stop." He chuckled.
"I was thinking that maybe we could go out again? Give this another shot?" I said.
A smile crept across his face. "I think that's a great idea, Bella."
"Tomorrow night?"
He nodded. "Sounds great."
"And Nick..."
"Yeah," he said, his hand on the doorknob.
"You ever lay your hands on me like you did yesterday again, & you will regret it. No one treats me like a ragdoll."
He smirked, opened the door & walked out.
***
(Nick)
I had her. She was mine, all mine. We were going out again. Her decision, not mine. She was playing into my game perfectly. Now for the next step.
****
I finished recording for the day & hoped to see Bella again as I left. I was disappointed to find that she'd left work only 30 minutes before I'd finished my session. Oh well, that would give me the opportunity to go home & plan out our date for the next night. She'd give herself to me completely that night, I was sure of it.
My cell phone started ringing just as I was getting into my car to leave the studio that day & I was surprised to see it was her calling. "Hey Bella, I was hoping to see you before I left today, but you weren't there." I told her.
I could here her chuckle. "Well, I'm sorry Nick. I had some things to take care of."
"More important than seeing me, I see. I'm hurt."
She laughed. "Well, actually I was calling to see if we could push our date up to tonight?"
I smiled. "Of course." Sure I wasn't going to have time to create this elaborate plan, but maybe being spontaneous was the way to go to get what I wanted out of this girl. "Do you want me to meet you?"
I couldn't see her face obviously, but I could tell she was smiling on the other end of the line. "Yes. Definitely." She the rattled off the address of where she was at before we ended the call. I was determined to make this a night she would never forget.