- Text Size +

 

Chapter 41

            The four of them have lunch together, and then Nick leaves Genie with her brother to go to work. Before leaving, he invites them to come to the club for dinner. Kevin readily agrees, anxious to learn more about the man his sister has chosen to spend her life with.

            After he leaves, Elise says she's going to lie down to rest a while, leaving Kevin and Genie alone. They take a walk through a park and Genie asks Kevin all kinds of questions about his marriage and his job.  They find a bench to sit on and Kevin says, "Genie, I don't know how hard it will be for you to do this, but tell me what happened with Teddy. Mom said...well she said some nasty things about you."

            She grimaces and says, "I'm not surprised. She said it was all my fault."

            He says, "Genie, she said you seduced Teddy. But you didn't, did you?"

            Genie shakes her head and says, "No. No I didn't. He raped me."

            Kevin stands up and takes two steps away from her. After counting to ten, he comes back and sits down. He says, "Gen, I'm so sorry I left you behind. I should have..."

            She stops him by covering his lips with her hand. She whispers, "No. I'm glad you got away, Kevin. What he did...I can't undo it and neither can you. I'm learning to forget it. It's not easy. Nick has helped a lot. He...what happened doesn't matter to him. He accepts me as I am and loves me. I got away. I moved on. I'm SO glad you weren't there, even though I missed you." After a minute, she says, "He hit you too, didn't he?"

            Kevin just nods. She wraps her arms around his waist and lays her head on his shoulder and they sit quietly, each trying to come to terms with their pasts and wondering what's next.

            He turns to her finally and says, "Genie, whatever happens, from now on, we stick together. Got it? I won't abandon you again."

            She gives him a watery smile and says, "I never felt abandoned or betrayed Kevin. Ever!  So don't you dare feel guilty about it."

            He says, "Nice try Sis, but I do. And I always will. I'll make it up to you some way."

            She says, "You don't have to make it up. You're here now. That's all that matters."

            He takes her hand and says, "Come on, let's get back to the hotel and get ready for dinner. I'm looking forward to seeing the club your fella owns."

            Genie smiles and they walk hand in hand back to the hotel.  Genie lets herself into her room and sits on the bed, thinking about Kevin and Elise. He looks so happy with her. They are so much in love and having two babies. She's so thrilled knowing he is happy and living his dream.

            Dreams. Speaking of dreams, she picks up the phone and calls the man of her dreams. When he answers, she says, "Hey you."

            He says, "How's it going Sweetheart? Having fun with your brother?"

            She says, "We had a long walk and talked forever. Nick, he's so happy."

            She can hear the smile in his voice when he says, "I'm glad Genie. I'm so glad he's here for you."

            She says, "I figured something out too."

            He says, "What's that?"

            She says, "I'm extremely happy too."

            He says, "Baby, all I've ever wanted is for you to be happy."

            She smiles to herself and says, "Well, I am. I just wanted you to know that."

            He says, "I hope you know I'm just as happy as you are."

            She laughs and says, "I miss you Nick. I'm looking forward to seeing you for dinner."

            He laughs and says, "What time will you be here?"

            She looks at the clock...it's only 3:00. She says, "Probably 6:30 or 7:00, why?"

            He says, "Just making sure I'm ready for you. Listen, I have a quick meeting. Can I call you right back?"

            She says, "Sure. I'm going to take a bubble bath."

            He groans and says, "Thanks Darling. Now I have that image in my head."

            She giggles and says, "I love you."

            He says, "I love you too."

 

            Genie's lying in the bathtub completely covered in bubbles when she hears their room door open. She knows it can't be Howie, but fear gnaws at her gut until the bathroom door creeps open and Nick's head pops in.

            She smiles and says, "Meeting huh?"

            He laughs, his blue eyes sparkling, as he starts taking off his clothes. He says, "Yep, the most important kind."

            She scoots forward and he slides in behind her. Wrapping his arms around her, he says, "I'm glad you called me. I was missing you something terrible."

            Feeling the evidence of his "missing her" pressing into her back, she says, "Feels like you were doing more than missing me."

            He nibbles on her neck and says, "I was. I was to the point I needed you so bad I couldn't think straight. I was instantly turned on when I heard your voice on the phone."

            She turns sideways in the tub and says, "Really?"

            He laughs at her coy expression and says, "You little devil, you know the affect you have on me."

            Their lips meet and her body tingles as his tongue explores her mouth. His hands slide up and down her body, both above and below the water. When his fingers explore her intimately, she moans against his lips. He pulls away and says, "Want me to stop?"

            She whispers, "No, I wanna be touching you."

            She stands and he follows suit, stepping out of the tub together. They dry each other off in between kissing and caressing each other.  Nick leads her to the bed and she lays down, offering her body to him.

            When he stretches out beside her, she rolls up on her side and lets her hand move gently across his chest as his hand slides down her arm to her waist then around to her backside. She giggles when he tickles her hips and he laughs. He whispers, "I love you, Genevieve."

            Her hand slipping below his waist to stroke his hardness she whispers, "I love you too, Nickolas."

            He moans but holds back as her tiny hand brings him waves of pleasure. She pushes him onto his back and kisses his chest as she continues to rub him in all the right ways.  When her lips travel down his stomach, he holds his breath. Would she? The first touch of her tongue on his tip causes his body to twitch.

            She looks up at him, wondering if what she's doing is ok. He barely manages to say, "Please don't stop."

            Smiling and gaining confidence, she swirls her tongue around it, watching as the first drop of his essence bubbles to the surface. He groans loudly and tangles his fist in her hair as she opens her mouth to take him in. She feels giddy with the power she has to make him this hard...this full of lust. But she also feels love and happiness that she's with the man she's always loved and they are able to bring each other so much pleasure.

            She hears him say, "Genie, please, not like this. I want to be inside you."

            She hears him and her body floods with desire. Moving up his body, she captures his lips with hers as he rolls her onto his back. Reaching for the nightstand, he grabs a condom. She stops him. She says, "No, Nick, don't. I want all of you. Please."

            He tosses the condom aside and says, "If you're sure...Baby, if you're really sure..."

            She smiles and pulls him between her legs. As he positions himself at her opening, he whispers, "Forever Genie."

            She smiles, tears glistening in her eyes as she whispers, "Forever."

 

            As they cuddle in the wake of their passion, Nick says, "Genie, I love you. But you know we're taking a chance."

            She smiles against his chest and says, "I know. Nick, I just...I want all of you. Every part of you. If you don't...I mean..."

            He says, "Nothing would make me happier than to see you carry my child. NOTHING! If you're ready for that, then so am I."

            She smiles up into his big blue eyes and says, "I want that Nick. I want to start a new life with you. Us, a baby...I want a family."

            He kisses her gently on her temple and says, "Your wish is my command."

Chapter End Notes:

PLEASE let me know! :)