- Text Size +
It'd been two weeks since he'd crawled under his skin like that again and she just wished she could get it out of her system. Maybe she needed to move far, far away and make a new start because nothing else seemed to be working . Then again, why should she have to leave her life, family and friends just because of a broken heart. She shouldn't . Time would heal it and she would make it through without him. She had to believe that. Brent was easier to get rid of. Turns out it wasn't her he was following all the times she knew he was around. It was her friend Chuck that he was interested in. Talk about weird. Anyway, she and a few of the girls decided to have a girls night and go dancing. It was fun. For awhile.

She was about to browbeat Barb into the ground when she saw him but Barb swore on her Grandmother's grave she had nothing to do with it this time. He was there with a couple of his buddies. She watched as he surveyed the crowd. She prayed his eyes didn't land on her anytime soon because she couldn't be responsible for her actions. At least Barb was being honest this time.

“Anyone need a refill here?” The waitress offered.

“Tequila Sunrise here,”Stephanie spoke up.

“Amaretto sour,”Angela replied.

“Coke for me thanks,”Barb said. She was the driver.

“Anything for you miss?” She looked at Ava. Ava studied her half empty strawberry daiquiri and was about to answer when she heard his voice.”Frozen strawberry daiquiri.”

Breathe. The waitress smiled and set off to fulfill their requests.”Would it be too much if I asked for a dance?” Smiling hopefully.

Why does he keep doing this to her?! The fact that he still remembered her favorite drink. A good thing right? She wasn't sure. When she did finally turn to face him, she noticed he was wearing her favorite sweater. The one that made his big blue eyes all the more stunning. Fuck! Just give in already. It's only a dance after all.”Most people wear more breathable things to dance in.”

“I thought you might say that so I did.” He pulled the sweater over his head to reveal the plain white t-shirt beneath it.

He made the simplest item of clothing something she wanted to tear through and lick every inch on him. Fuck! He's not playing fair. Maybe deep down she didn't want to forget it because it was THAT GOOD.”You win. One dance.”

He took her hand and led her onto to somewhat crowded floor. If he'd played it like he knew he did, there would be a slow jam on anytime. It just felt good to be out there again with her. She looked up at him and for the first time in seven months he saw the light that once shined there before that girl fucked it up for them. Could she really be getting back to the woman he fell in love with? The woman that needed to know that she meant the world to him despite his lack of saying the words? The music slowed and there was that awkward moment of do you or don't you? Let her make the move.

She took his hand in hopes that it would let him know that it was okay for another dance. Maybe tonight was their new beginning. She hoped.

She felt his hand draw her close by the small of her back and her other hand rest gently on his shoulder. For the longest time there were no words, just their bodies getting closer and closer until her arms were draped around his neck and his were secure around her waist.

“I miss this Ava. I miss us,he confessed as the song progressed into another romantic tune.

“Me too,”she replied;moving her head from his shoulder so he could see the expression in her eyes. She was just going to let go and let the night lead them wherever it could. This time when their lips connected it wasn't rushed or frenzied. It was just soft, slow and tender. Their hearts reconnecting as the world passed by all around them.

When they separated, he suggested they go home but she replied gently,”I love you joe but let's not rush right back into this. Believe me, I've missed you so much it can't be measured. I think it's best if we take it one day at a time and we go from there.”

He was disappointed in her response to say the least but he understood where she was coming from.”Do you think your friends would mind if I at least drove you home?”

“I think Barb's already picking out our wedding invitations over there,”she giggled and waved at Barb whom had a silly grin on her face. She buried her head in Joe's shoulder. “I'm beginning to think we've been set up again.”

“Most likely but it's nice to know we have friends that only want us to be as happy as they are.”

“You're really aiming for that kiss at the door aren't ya?” Pulling my face away from his body.

“Is it working?” He grinned.

“Could be. Maybe we could have my drink before we leave?”

“Anything for you sweetheart.”


They ended up talking and laughing just like they used to in a secluded corner of the club for a couple of more drinks. By that time, the club was closing down. They hadn't realized how much time they'd lost track of. They didn't even notice their friends had left they were so wrapped up in reacquainting themselves but they were still the same two people that fell in love nearly two years ago. She couldn't deny that.

She was about to turn to her door with the key when he pulled her into his arms and said,”About that goodnight kiss?”

“What about it?” She teased.

“What are the odds on it?”

“I'd say.”She slid her arms around his neck and finished with a soft, lingering kiss that burned through and through.

“Sure I can't come in.”

“I think it's best if we hold off there for awhile, “she replied delicately.

He knew she was right but can't blame a guy for trying. He wanted her back in his life and he was willing to do whatever it took to get her there. He reciprocated her kiss and said,”I had a good time tonight Ava. I'll call you?”

“You can call me.”Smiling shyly. It felt like their first date all over again. Maybe thats the place they needed to get back to. She just prayed they would.

“Then goodnight it is.”Sealing it with one last kiss before leaving her on her doorstep. They were going to make it this time. He just knew it..