- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



I apologize for the lack of updates on this one but here you go and enjoy! Thank you for your patience!


Afternoon turned to early evening and the food once again was forgotten as they took a dip in the pool.
Just like old times. The world around them kept spinning but it may have well been non existent for the way he made her feel back in the day. They were snuggling on the couch with the television on and had become more background noise as the couch became a playground in itself. They finally decided to order pizza. That way they wouldn't be distracted by anything other than just having to pay for the food because Joe had been known to play with his food . Nibbled off of her from one end to the other.”You want me to get that?”

“It is your house but since I'm buying dinner, I'll go grab it,”he replied and kissed her softly.

The doorbell rang again and she removed herself from the comfort of his chest. She heard the muffled voices and saw Angela enter the room with her date in tow. Thank god she'd opted to put a robe on earlier. Joe looked at her apologetically.

“Thank God you're okay! I didn't know what to think when you just dropped our call like that this afternoon.”

“I'm fine. Hey Donnie,”she smiled toward him then whispered to Angela.”You did good.”

She turned her head to him and grinned like a fool.” Yeah I did. So I see what happened to you this afternoon.”

“Come on Donnie. Let's give the girls a little privacy for a few minutes. Drinks for anyone?”Joe offered.

“Just a diet coke for me,”Ava replied.

“Angie?”

“I'll have the same. We can't stay too long.”

“We have pizza coming if you'd like to join us.”

Ava knew this was putting a wrench to make this just them this weekend but she knew he wasn't selfish either. They'd stay long enough to eat then it would be the two of them again.

Angela looked up to Donnie and he said,”Up to you baby. I'm not picky.”

“We'll stay.”

He leaned over the back of the couch and gave her a soft, sweet kiss. It was kind of cute. Donnie was always good with women but he was completely different with Angela.”I'll be back with your drink before you know it.” And followed Joe into the kitchen.

“Okay, they're gone. Spill,”Ava ordered her friend.

“I don't know. I didn't want to tell you because I wasn't sure where things were going so soon but he's so good to me.”

“He's a good guy but I see something different the way he is with you then before when I've seen him with others. Come with me. I'm going to put some clothes on before the food gets here.”

“So did you? Did he?” Angela asked once the door was closed to the bedroom.

“It was him.”

“I should have listened to you all those years about making them work for it.”

Ava laughed as she pulled a pair of sweats on and returned,” This time it was just both of us being ready. I know you want to jump Donnie but wait just a couple of weeks and you'll have him right where you want him. Plus I know he'll wait for you. I can see that already.”

“Really?”

Ava nodded.”Oh yeah. Save that lingerie for another night.”

Angela blushed.

“God do I know you too well.”

“So you tell me something.”

“What?”As she pulled a T-shirt over her head.

“Have you had clothes on at all since he got here this afternoon?”

“Mine or his?”

“Ava!”

“Well..........I can't help it. I just love his shirts. The scent.”

“TMI girl,”Angela laughed then suggested they return to the living room.



“So when did you and Angela happen?”Joe grabbed the cans of soda out of the refrigerator.

“It's only been a few weeks but this one's different Joe. I don't want to screw it up by making that move too soon.”


Joe was quiet for a minute.”I think it's great that you've got somebody that special in your life now. You'll know when the time's right.”

“Well it's not like I haven't touched her at all.”

“Why are you telling me this? I mean, I think it's great that you and Angie are together. She deserves a guy like you.”

It's a good thing Joe's back was to him at the moment because he was feeling very guilty for something he really shouldn't. It's not like they were together. She was as free as she was but the minute Ava slid her arms around Joe, he felt it. Something he shouldn't have. Jealousy.

Ava said,”What's the hold up here?”

Joe turned around and said,”Just guy talk. What about you?”

Ava could feel his eyes on her. That was the reason she got dressed. Even though he'd seen every last inch of her skin, she wasn't about to ruin it for her friend by giving him reason to glance her way.”Girl talk. Shouldn't the pizza be here by now?” Changing the subject. She knew she should feel guilty but it was just sex after all.