- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I may add more warning later as my story is written an posted. This means my rating may change as well. I promise to keep everything regaurding those things up to date.

Prologue:

My name is Jackson Daniel McLean. I’m fourteen and I am far from your normal teenager. For starters my mom got pregnant with me six hours after she met my dad. Yeah, not a very good example but neither one of them have ever been. My parents dated until I was 2. My mom cheated on my dad and he dumped her for good. I still don’t fully understand it; I mean dad cheated on her too. Anyway though, around the time I was five Dad started drinking. I can remember him getting mean when he was drunk. He’d always yell a lot and would skip out on his time with me.  Him being famous made the whole shared custody thing hard you see. He’d get a few months at a time then my mom would get me. So instead of getting to be with him for half a year I was lucky to see him one weekend a year once the drinking started.

 

So at some point, I dunno how old I was, dad’s band mates intervened. They made him go into rehab. It really seemed to work. He came out doing great. I got to be with him a lot more. He was happier; had longer relationships then just two or three weeks. It was awesome. It was one of the happiest points in my life, thus far anyway. It all lasted till I was 8. My mom dropped me off for a week visit with her parents and never came back. Turns out she went on a big drug binge and got arrested. I don’t know all the ins and outs of it but she got a ton of time in jail. After that I mostly got bounced back and forth between her parents and my dad and his mom. Even after mom got released she never came around. I was fine with it though. I had my grandparents and father to love and care for me. That of course only went on till I was 12.

Yep, two years ago the drinking came back. I kinda think Nick getting into drinking played a part in that but Grandma Dee says not to point the finger at anyone. Whatever.  I guess ultimately it was his choice. He made the wrong one. The drinking hit and he got mean again. This time worse… at least I think so. He’d get angry to a point where he’d throw things. Never at me just, around the house. So once again he went into rehab, this time however my Grandma Dee talked him into it. She’s a life coach so he tends to listen to her unlike most guys with their moms.  I then got shipped back and forth between his mom and my mom’s parents. I hated it. I never felt like I had a home.

Dad came out of rehab about a month ago. He swears he’s clean for good but, between us I’m not so sure. I mean last time he spent a few month in rehab, this time it was only a few weeks. If a few months didn’t work last time what makes a few weeks work? I just don’t get it.  His woman seems to buy it though. He married her two days ago. Ya know, I dunno even why that woman stuck with him. If I was a chick and my man whom I started dating two weeks before he entered rehab had a drinking problem I would not hang around let alone accept a proposal the day after his release. Guess that’s why I’m a dude. I was at their wedding but I still haven’t been living with him. Neither my mom’s parents nor his mom feel he is ready to take me. First it was due to the stress of planning a wedding quickly. Now it’s because he’s on his honey moon. I wonder why they call it that.

Despite these… I dunno what to call them… feelings? Fears? Concerns? Yeah, concerns. Despite these concerns I’m gonna give him a chance once they come back. I don’t really have a choice though. I mean, my mom’s parents are kinda burned out on raising me and Grandma Dee is pushing me to start living with him again. She said I need to learn to let the past go and trust him. It’s easier said than done let me tell ya. I’m willing to try though. I mean, he looked really happy at the wedding. Happier than I’ve ever seen him actually. Maybe this Rochelle girl holds some kinda key to making his sobriety stick. I really hope so. I guess however, only time will tell.