- Text Size +

The Truth Between The Lies       

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

Chapter 1

Aspen

Being a successful business owner and mother to a three year old could wear a woman down. After closing the shop down, I rushed to pick Reese up from daycare. It seems all I ever did was hurry around all day, every day. There was never a moment for me to just enjoy some peace and quiet. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my daughter and my cupcake shop. I just wanted a few minutes a day just for me.

It was ten o’clock and I just got started on cleaning up the house. Toys were scattered everywhere and the laundry machine was filled to the brim with clothes from the past two weeks. I still had dishes to do and a grocery list to make.

I took a deep breath and glanced at the tickets stuck to the refrigerator. This weekend my sisters were coming to see the Backstreet Boys in concert with me. It was my birthday and we decided to go all out for it. I mean, you only turn thirty-one once.

I hadn’t seen my sisters together for four years. We never got together as a family. When I saw the Backstreet Boys were in L.A. for my birthday, I had to invite my sisters.

We were all close in age, and we had a good relationship until life got in the way. From the beginning we were the best friends. We stuck together when our parents were fighting.  My parents had a volatile relationship from the time we were little. My dad liked alcohol, sex, and gambling. Mom was lonely and spent her free time working late. She was good friends with her boss, if you get my drift.

The one thing all of us loved was the Backstreet Boys. I figured they would be a good reason to get my sisters out to Los Angeles to see me. It worked. My sisters didn’t know but our seats were in the second row. We would be up close and personal with the boys. Since it was my birthday, I splurged and got us Platinum VIP. Then we were going to the after party. I figured this would be the one time we would actually get to meet the guys. It had always been our dream to meet them.

The ringing of the phone pulled me out of my thoughts. I grabbed it quickly so Reese wouldn’t wake up. “Hello!”

“Hello Aspen.”

“Hi Lilly. Is everything okay? Why are you calling so late?” Ever since I became a mom I turned into a worrywart.

“Couldn’t sleep, plus I wanted to remind you what time my flight was coming in on Friday.”

I rolled my eyes, thankful my oldest sister couldn’t see me through the phone. “I know your flight is landing at eight thirty. Do you want me to pick you up or are you taking a taxi to my house?”

“Aspen, stop rolling your eyes at me.” Damn, I hated that she knew me so well. “I know you have to work, so I will take a taxi. I’ll meet you at the shop and get the key. What time is Jade coming in?”

“Her flight is arriving Saturday around noon. We are going to pick her up before we head to the arena.” I started wiping the counters. If I wanted to get to bed before midnight, I need to get things done.

“Why does she always wait to the last minute? I can’t believe she is coming in the day of the concert.” Lilly rattled on. I started ignoring her tirade.

“Chill out. Jade has to work on Friday. Her asshole boss won’t let her off. She doesn’t have a choice. That place wouldn’t run without her.”

“I know. I know. I just worry if her flight gets delayed. I don’t want to miss the guys.  I haven’t seen them in forever. I’m dying for a piece of Nick.” She sighed dreamily.

All of us had a thing for Nick. He was gorgeous and had the sexiest smile. If he asked me to fuck him, I’d be on that in an instant. So would my sisters. I think we would fight to have him in our bed. I’d like to say that I would win, but I’m not so sure…lol. My older sisters were vicious when it came to Nick or any of the other guys.

“Sounds like you need to get laid, Lilly.” I teased her. I had no idea about her love life, so I resorted to picking on her.

“That is none of your damn business.” She started to laugh. “Tell me about your sex life.”

“I haven’t had a sex life since I got pregnant with Reese.” I leaned against the counter. “I’m on a four year dry spell.”

“Damn girl, you need to get yourself a man or a fuck buddy.” Lilly screeched in the phone.

“When would I have the time? I do like to get a full night’s sleep once in a while.” I started to yawn. I didn’t realize how tired I was. I finished washing the dishes and moved to my bedroom.

“Get a vibrator. That will do you wonders until you get a man. Too bad we weren’t going to the after party, I’m sure you could get one of them to fulfill your needs.” Lilly laughed.

“You think you’re funny don’t you?” I fell onto the bed. “You know I’m not that kind of girl. Though I think I may be for one of them.” I laughed. Who was I kidding? I’d never get a night with one of them. I wasn’t the type of woman they wanted in their bed.

I was a good girl all my life. I met my ex-fiancé in college. He was my first and only sexual experience. Damn I was such a loser. Maybe I needed to push him off that pedestal I’d put him in all those years ago.

“Shit, it’s getting late. I have to do some shopping before I leave for la la land.”

“Yeah, I need to get some sleep. I have to be at work at four in the morning.”  I hated early mornings, but I didn’t have a choice when one of my bakers called off.

“Well, go get some sleep. I will see you on Friday.”

“Bye.” I hung up the phone, but for some reason I was wide awake.

I think all that talk of sex made me horny, plus thinking about those four hot guys I was going to be seeing on Saturday. I had a feeling something was going to happen with our boys. I wasn’t sure what, but I had a feeling.

I opened my nightstand and pulled out my friend Bob. I was sliding off my panties, when I heard Reese’s voice. “Mommy, can I sweep wif you?”

I quickly slid them back up and put my vibrator away. “Sure, come on in.”

She toddled in sleepily. I picked her up and placed her next to me in bed. “Mommy?”

“Yes, sweetie.” I ran my fingers through her dark curls she got from her dad.

“Can you bring me a dad back from the show?”

“You mean a Backstreet Boy?” It was sweet, but I couldn’t help but laugh at my daughter.

“Yes. You wike them. They cute.”

“Sweetheart, let mommy worry about that. You get some rest.”

“Yes, I need west to pway wif Jamesy.”

“Good night.” I placed a kiss on her head and went to sleep.