- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Since we were unable to update last night, I thought I would give everyone a bonus: 2 chapters tonight. Enjoy!

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Terri

 

Chapter 12

 

Lilly

 

I laid in bed for the longest time thinking it all must have been a dream but I knew it wasn’t.  I’d made up for three years of celibacy in one night.  I couldn’t wait to touch him again.  He felt so good. It went beyond all the wildest fantasies I’d ever had of him.  I got up and searched Aspen’s kitchen for coffee.  She had a coffee maker. I knew she had to have some somewhere.  Why I didn’t look in the freezer I’ll never know. It’s where I keep mine.  I hit the brew button on the machine then I heard the screeching wheels and ran to the window to see what was going on.  There stood Jade; frozen solid in the crosswalk.  The vehicle just inches from where she stood.  It was early enough in the day that the traffic wasn’t a major obstacle. I was still in my robe but I didn’t give a rat’s ass about that right now. I wondered what the hell Jade was doing in that crosswalk.  I was sure Aspen heard but I dashed down the stairs.  The driver was still trying to gain her attention when I arrived.  “Jade!” I called.  Apparently my voice was the key that unlocked her frigid stance.

 

“Don’t come near me.”

 

“Jade.  Now is not the time.  Whatever it is, come out of the crosswalk and we’ll talk about it.” She was looking at me like I had two heads or something. OH GOD! She found out! What?!  We were consenting adults.

 

“Jade! Listen to your sister!  Come on out of there and we’ll sit down and talk.” AJ echoed basically what I had just said.  He was pulling his T-shirt over his head as he approached the situation. I’m sure nothing happened.  I probably fucked it up for Aspen.  But he was still here.

“I’ll talk to you but I’m not coming over until she’s gone.”

 

This weekend was turning into a royal mess. I should have never agreed to it. I always screw it up no matter how hard I try not to. I looked at AJ.


“I’ll take care of this just so we can get her out of the street,” AJ told me softly enough she couldn’t hear it.


“I don’t’ know what I did Jade but I’m sorry for whatever it was,” I said and headed upstairs. I was sure Aspen was frantic by now.   I was headed toward the stairs when I heard AJ had got her out of harm’s way.

 

“Lils?  Jade?”  Aspen called.

 

“Lils,” I answered solemnly.   Jade was going to kill me. I knew that.  Like I knew about Nick!   And now that I did, I wished I hadn’t.

 

“What’s going on Lils?”

 

“Mommy! I hungry!” Reese whined as I was just about to spill my guts.

 

“Just a second sweetie and I’ll get you some cereal.”

 

“You promised pancakes wif Aunt Wiwy.” She pouted at Aspen.


“Just a minute baby. I need to talk to Aunt Lilly.”


“Go ahead and start it.  Not like I’m going anywhere.”

“Is Jade okay?”

“She’s fine,” I said and followed Aspen to the kitchen. “I think. She wouldn’t talk to anybody until I was gone. I don’t know what I did.”

 

“I do. Nick Carter has got the hots for you.”

 

“Please.” I rolled my eyes at her and asked where her coffee mugs were.  After she grabbed me one, she raised her brow at me because we still had little ears nearby.  Reese had found her coloring book and had made herself comfortable on the fold out bed. “Do you have creamer?”

She reached in the refrigerator and pulled it out; hand on her hip as the other rest on the counter. “Well?”

 

“Well what?” I took the pot off its hot plate and poured my cup.

 

“Nick.”

“What about him?”

“Lilly Blue you are not going to stand there and tell me that boy had a grin the size of Texas on his face yesterday when you brought him and AJ to the shop just because you’re charming.”

 

“I do a lot of things but an Escalade is only so big and I don’t put on shows.”

 

I took a sip of my coffee and gave her a look as the rim came down.

 

“Jeez Lilly.  Don’t you ever want to fall in love?”

“Don’t you ever want to pull that stick out of your butt?” I whispered. “It’s called letting loose.”

“I have a child.”

“I know you do and for eight hours today, you get to be Aspen with us girls. So loosen up a little bit.”

“Please tell me you didn’t.”

“That’s between he and I.  I’m gonna help Reese color a couple of pictures unless you’d like me to help with breakfast.”


“I’m sure she’d love it. Go ahead.” I joined Reese on the bed and she opened the book for two pages to be worked on.  We giggled and carried on. Sometimes I regretted not having children earlier but I took one look at Reese and knew that this was just the way it was meant to be. I was a good aunt. It’s where I was supposed to be. I was all too soon forgotten though when the man with pictures on his arms came into the room.  She had a mad crush on AJ that was for sure.

 

Jade was still giving me the cold shoulder when she walked into the kitchen with Aspen. I know I screwed up but I didn’t think Nick would be stupid enough to say anything to her after finding out we were sisters. Unless he was just sick enough to want us both. Brian was better. Much, much better. Not that Nick wasn’t good but I only got a sample of his talents. I don’t put on shows and all Nick and I were doing from AJ’s point of view and sound was necking.  Nick’s fingers did find their way underneath my panties and the minute he hit that spot, his lips concealed my “OH FUCK!” before it even came out.


“Can I borrow your Aunt Lilly for a minute?” AJ said to the little cutie pie in his arms.

 

There she went whispering in his ear again and he chuckled with a response of, “You got it sweetie.”

 

She giggled and ran off. AJ looked at me. “Let’s go downstairs for a minute okay?”

“Sure.”


I followed him down the stairs.  We stepped outside and around the corner from the door. “I think you better come clean to your sister. “

“Why?”

“Because she thinks you’re screwing him. Fuck you almost did Lilly!  I’m the last to be telling anyone how to run their sex life but you might want to keep it more private. Even I like to keep the pornography at home.”

“And I’m sure your buddy got the same speech only it probably went something like ‘Way to go! I can’t wait for the next show man’.” The fucker had the audacity to call me a slut. Manwhore extraordinaire!  And I thought he was going to be good for my sister.

 

“That was before I knew what was going on with them Tone it down with him is all I’m saying.”

 

I felt bad but I didn’t know they had a thing going and that was after the fact of her telling us. “Is she okay?”

“I haven’t known any of you long enough to know but I have seen the one thing you ladies do have.  You have an amazing bond.”

“Apparently not as tight as we thought.”

“Believe it or not Lilly, your sisters look up to you. You are their rock in those tough times. I almost lost somebody like that in my life because I was doing stupid shit in my life.  Have a little fun but don’t let the magic of it all sweep you away.”

 

“Maybe you should go back up and enjoy the company of my little sister. She’s pretty keen on you.”

“And I’m pretty keen on her but I think I know who your eyes are for and Jade needs to know that.”

I blushed but it wasn’t a big secret who could dip his hand in my cookie jar anytime he wanted. “As for Nick?”

“I’ll take care of Nick.”

 

“What exactly are you going to take care of with me?” Nick’s voice came from behind him.

 

“We need to talk about Jade.”


“That’s why I’m here.  Is she okay?” All the while he was staring down the cleavage of my robe.  The look not going unnoticed by AJ.

 

“She’s fine but I think you should let her cool off,” AJ answered.


“AJ, could you give Lilly and I a minute?”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“AJ, go help them with breakfast. I think I can control myself for five minutes.” I gave him a dirty look.

“It’s him I’m worried about.”

 

“Go!”

 

“Did you tell her?” I smacked his chest as soon as AJ was gone.

“No! Did you?”

“God no!  She’s my sister and she’s madly in love with you for some unknown reason.”

 

“Good. I just hate that we have to hide this.”

“Nick I can’t. I had a good time but that was it. I like Brian.”

 

“Lilly. Don’t tease me.”

 

“Stay away from my sister. She deserves better.”

 

“So does Brian……..Lilly of the night.” He turned the corner and headed up the stairs to the last safe haven I had.  My past was slowly creeping up on me. I don’t know how he knew but he knew.