- Text Size +

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Terri

 

Chapter 18

 

LILLY

 

 I can’t believe she did that to me after the talk we’d had earlier.  I guess I deserved it after all I’d done.  Lord knows, I’d torn her world apart and had been doing it for years because I thought what I was doing was best for my baby sisters.  No wonder Nick was all over my shit.  He knew from the minute he laid eyes on me at the airport whom I was.  But I was no better. I was going to use him if the opportunity had presented itself.   And I knew the bastard was snowing my sister because if he really had any feelings for her, he wouldn’t have been trying to get up in my game. I felt his eyes on me more than once but he was getting sneakier about it.  I’d even gone so far as to cover myself up tonight. Well I showed a little cleavage. I had to let them know they didn’t get to me. 

 

 I ran off that elevator so quick that afternoon Brian’s head spun.  I know it didn’t faze Nick.  Nothing ever did.  It’s all about him. Women beg to get into his bed (with good reason) but I gave up the group sex a long time ago.  Once my sisters’ loans were paid off, I took what money I had left and ran.  As far as I could from that life but I couldn’t get very far. I finally thought my past was my past.  I guess when you’re young and willing to experiment, it can bite you in the ass down the road.  I finally met a nice guy and even he knew. I was only fooling myself if I thought anybody would ever fall in love with me. I dated one of the producers for a while but even he was the scum of the Earth.  I let him pass me around to his friends.  If it hadn’t been for Jade and Aspen, I would have got out and moved to Australia.

 

And what on God’s green earth had possessed me to believe a man like Brian could fall in love with someone like me?  I’m no better than Nick thinking he can stick his dick anywhere he wants to without any repercussions.  I used my appeal just like he did.  Only now my little sister was involved and I had to keep pushing the bastard away.  I just wanted to feel like a woman again. That’s the only reason I had a little fun in the backseat with him.    Apparently he was bound and determined to have a piece of the porn star before the weekend was over.

 

 I thought I’d found the deepest, darkest corner of that arena and he found me yet again. The boy must be a fucking bloodhound when it comes to women. “You okay Lilly?”

Wiping the tears from my eyes, I replied sharply,” I don’t know why you give a fuck.”

“Look Lils, I’m not gonna lie and say that I want to sit and chat because let’s face it; I’ve seen you in action. “

 

“So my sister tells me.”

“Well I did get more out of it than she did.   So what do you say Lilly of the night?  You could have a two-fer this weekend and Jade would be none the wiser.”  As he backed me toward the wall.

 

“You’d love that wouldn’t you?”

 

He smirked.” What I’d really like is to make it a family affair and have you and Jade in my bed.”

 

“Somehow I don’t think Jade’s into sharing as much as I was.”

“But you still would right?” His finger slid down the curve of my cheek.  Fuck I just wanted to hurl but I was gonna play his game just to see how far he’d push it.

 

“I’d never do another woman with a man again but give me a couple of guys and perhaps we could do business.”

 

“Then why did you run out of the elevator like a scared little virgin this afternoon?”


“You just caught me off guard is all. “

“But you were all over short stuff in that elevator.”

Pressing up against him, I whispered on his lips, “That’s because I like him better than you.”

“But you do like me,” He replied as his hands went to my waist; holding me firmly against his body.

 

“I could but you don’t make it easy.”

“What do I have to do?”

“Just what you’re doing right now.” I saw the look of horror on his face when he realized he was having to beg a woman for sex.

 

“I don’t beg.” And his grip loosened on me.

 

“Funny. That’s all you’ve been doing since we met.”   I was feeling down but I was getting a big old boost of self-esteem knowing that Nick Carter wanted something he couldn’t have.  Cruel maybe but he was leading my little sister on and the asshole deserved it.

 

“If you say so.”

“You’ve got some fucking ego on you. You know it’s the truth. Just God forbid any woman turn you down!” He got a firm grip on my arm and I attempted to jerk away. “Let go of me!”

“Not until you admit that I never begged you for anything.”

 

“God Nick!  Is your pride so important you have to hurt a woman because she turns you down?”

“I agree. Let her go Nick.”

A voice I didn’t want to hear and was thanking God had shown up when he did.

 

“Well, well. Prince Charming to the rescue.” Nick turned after releasing his grip on me.

 

“Give it up Nick. She’s not interested,” Brian said.

 

“She was yesterday.”

“Leave her alone!”

 

“You think she likes you any better than she does me right now?  She couldn’t wait to get away from you.”

 

“That was my mistake.  One I’m hoping she’ll forgive me for.”

“I’m sure she will because you can do no wrong. She used goods Bri.   She’ll move on once she’s had enough of you. “

 

Brian lunged at Nick and took him down to the ground.  Nick may have size on him but the sheer force Nick hit the ground with even I could feel.   I wasn’t sure if I should be happy or not.  Nick was right about me being used goods. But that’s all he was right about.

 

“Do you really wanna die over the gangbang slut Rok?” Nick had taken control and had Brian on his back.

 

“People change Nick. That’s not who she is anymore.  You’re the only one that hasn’t changed!” Brian managed to resume his position of power.

 

“Please stop you two. I’m not worth it!” I ran off in tears.

 

Just as I was rounding the corner, I nearly tore AJ and Aspen’s hands apart trying to get away.  AJ stopped me. “Where’s the fire Lilly?”

 

“I can’t. Just……. Just…… just make them stop!   I can’t take it anymore!”

 

“Lils, what’s going on?”  Aspen took me aside.

 

“Brian…Nick….they’re going at it like a couple of high school boys fighting over the prom queen.  I’m not worth it!”

 

Aspen took me in her arms as I blubbered uncontrollably.  All I could hear was her asking AJ to see what was going on (even though I’m sure they could hear it). “Lilly, please look at me.”

“What?” I pulled my face away from her shoulder. Oh God! Her beautiful white shirt was a mess thanks to me.  I kept screwing this weekend up.  She looked down at it then looked back to me.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m sure AJ has a t-shirt I can wear. What’s going on?”

“After you left yesterday, when I got back on the elevator with Brian, Nick joined us.  Apparently my past came up. Something I didn’t want Brian to know and something you don’t need to know about until after brunch tomorrow.  I keep ruining this for you Red. You must hate me.”

“Lilly, I don’t hate you.  Okay, at first I did because I didn’t want my past getting dredged up but I’m kind of glad you did now.  So why it is Nick’s all hot on your case?”

“Tomorrow please Aspen. I just wanna leave.  I don’t want to talk to Brian.”

 

“I don’t think you’re gonna have a choice in that.”

 

I turned my head to see him remarkably unbruised.   Well not where it would be visible maybe but I was still mad at him. “I don’t want to talk you.”

“I don’t blame you but I think you need to hear what I have to say.”

 

“I’ll just leave you two alone. I need to find another shirt anyway,” Aspen excused herself and left us alone.

 

“You made it perfectly clear you don’t want any part of me.” Somehow I’d managed to pull myself together despite what I must look like to him right now.

 

“I must really hate you if I was coming to your rescue,” he shot back.

 

“Why did you then?”

“Because I like you.”

“Oh yeah.  That was real obvious.”

 

“Look Lilly, I’m not perfect and I’m not proud of what I did.  I let my pride get in the way.  I know you’re not the same person you were five years ago. I’m not.  I’ve made more mistakes than I’ll ever admit to but Nick’s got it in his head somewhere that just because of what you did, you still do.”

“So you had no idea?”

“I didn’t know until he said the words right then and there.”

“You broke my heart!” He wasn’t going to get away with it that easily. I have one despite what any of them believe.  For the first time ever, I felt it being stomped on and torn into a million little pieces. Even the one who liked boys didn’t pound my heart into the ground like this.  I couldn’t control the stream of tears pouring from my eyes now.   I’d only known him twenty four hours and I let him in.  Just like that. I’d only kept the one thing from him.    The one thing that could take him away from me.

 

“Don’t you think I know that?   I feel like the scum of the Earth because it’s not who I am.   We have something Lilly. I don’t want to call it love at first sight but we have an undeniable connection.”

“It’s just the sex.”

“I thought it was at first but the minute Jade showed me your picture, I knew there was something different. I don’t believe in all that karma and what not but if there was ever a reason to start, it’s now.  I’m so sorry I hurt you and if you let me, I’ll show what a good and decent guy I am.”

 

“So you don’t think any less of me for what I did?”

“I don’t understand it.  Maybe you can help me there. Give me a second chance?”

 

I was reluctant to let him get too close but he was right about one thing, we did have something and whatever it was, I had to knock down that brick wall I’d built around myself and let him in to find it.