- Text Size +

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Rachel

 

Chapter 19

 

After AJ finished acting like a referee, we disappeared to his dressing room. I looked at my white shirt that was wet with tears and black mascara. It was ruined but I didn’t care.

 

“AJ, do you have a t-shirt or something I could borrow?” I asked shyly. Why did I get so nervous around him? He was just a man.

 

“Yes, I do.” He went over to his bag and brought me back a black t-shirt with a skull on it. It wasn’t me, but it would do for the night.

 

“Umm…thanks.” I took the shirt and placed it on the couch. I turned around and started unbuttoning my shirt.

 

“Aspen, there’s no need to hide from me. I can see everything in the mirror.” AJ stood behind me, whispering in my ear.

 

He reached his hands around me and finished unbuttoning my shirt. I shivered with apprehension. It had been so long since I had been touched by a man. AJ was the last one. He slid the shirt off my shoulders as his mouth moved to my neck.

 

I backed my body into his. AJ continued assaulting my neck with his tongue. His erection was pressed against my ass. I turned around in his arms and our lips met in a frenzied kiss. Hands were roaming parts unknown.

 

“Oh fuck.” Nick started to laugh as he entered the dressing room.

 

We pulled apart, but AJ’s hands were still on my breasts. Apparently he wasn’t going to remove them. My face was a dark shade of red.

 

“Nick, get the fuck out of here. Can’t you see we’re busy.” AJ huffed. I backed away and grabbed the t-shirt.

 

“I need to get ready for the show. Give me five minutes, and I’ll be out of your way.” He wiggled his eyes at us. I wanted to disappear.

 

“AJ, can I speak to Nick alone?” He nodded his head and left the room.

 

“What do you want Aspen?” Nick stared at my face and not my boobs. I was the only Grey sister he wasn’t attracted to. I don’t know why I found that amusing, but I did.

 

“I don’t appreciate that way you’re treating my sisters. They deserve better than that.”

 

“I don’t think it’s any of your business, Aspen.” He remarked curtly.

 

“Oh that’s where you are wrong Carter. My sisters are my business.” I walked over to him. “After my daughter, their happiness is my priority. You’re a stupid ass.”

 

“That’s nothing I haven’t heard before.” He didn’t even blink an eye.

 

“You are a fool. Jade is the best thing you have going for you in your pathetic life. If you didn’t have feelings for her, you wouldn’t keep going back. I don’t know what your deal with Lils is, but leave her alone. She only has eyes for Brian. I see the way you look at Jade. Get your head out of your ass.”

 

“It’s quite endearing that you stick up for you sisters. You know I could warn you about McLean’s womanizing ways.” Nick was acting all cocky. It had no effect on me.

 

“AJ and I aren’t an item. Just think about what I said. You’d be lucky to have a woman like Jade in your life.”

 

I put AJ’s shirt on and left Nick to get ready. I walked down the hall looking for AJ. I spotted him talking to Howie. Howie dashed in his dressing room leaving us standing in the hallway.

 

“Everything okay?”

 

“Yep.” I smiled up at him.

 

“So where were we?” AJ smiled as he pulled me into a broom closet. It was tiny, so we were standing really close to one another.

 

“I think you were kissing and touching me.” I giggled. I was starting to relax. I decided to enjoy tonight.

 

He grabbed the bottom of my shirt and peeled it off me. “I love you in that bra. You’re so beautiful.” He placed kisses on my cleavage, above my white satin bra.

 

“Mmm…thanks.” I purred against his ear. My hands move to AJ’s growing manhood. I slowly stroked it through his pants.

 

“Aspen, I want you.”  He looked up at me.

 

“There’s not enough time.” I sigh frustrated. Was I ready to go there with him?

 

“Five minutes until places.” A stagehand yelled.

 

“Fuck! I’m not even dressed.” AJ pulled me into his body. Our lips are crushed together. We kissed like we’re never going to see each other again. Our tongues swirled together. My hands are on his ass and his hand is where I can’t mention. Both of us are lost in the moment. Time seemed to stand still.

 

“Where the fuck is McLean?” Brian commented dryly.

 

“He was with Aspen the last time I saw him.”  Nick replied.

 

Our mouths broke apart, but our hands remained on each other. “I think you better get your ass out there. You can’t be late for your adoring fans. Plus, my sisters are probably wondering where I went.”

 

“Forget the fans. I’d rather spend my time with you in this closet.”

 

“Go before they kick your ass.” I opened the door and pushed him out.

 

“Why aren’t you ready?” Howie replies annoyed. I can’t help but laugh.

 

When the coast is clear, I make my way out to the crowd. My sisters are sitting there waiting for me. They seem happy, so I know Lilly didn’t tell Jade about what happened backstage. Maybe she was able to work things out with Brian. I hoped so; they made a darling pair.

 

“Hey girlies! How was the opening act?” I took my seat next to Jade.

 

“Where were you missy?”  Lilly asked curiously.

 

I just smiled. Both of my sisters smiled back. Then we all started laughing. I missed times like this with my sisters. I wished they lived closer.

 

“I was in the bathroom. The line was long.” I lied.

 

“Stop lying, Red. This wasn’t what you were wearing earlier.” Jade commented dryly.

 

“AJ spilled his water on me earlier. There was no time for my shirt to dry, so he gave me one of his.” I whispered. There was no way I wanted the women around us to hear. Lilly gave me a look of thanks, for not telling Jade how my shirt really got wet.

 

Tonight was about having fun with my sisters. I wasn’t going to ruin it with Nick’s antics.  I told Nick how I felt about his attitude toward my sisters. I couldn’t believe he was being such a douche. He was going to lose a good thing if he continued with this behavior.  Jade deserved someone who treated her like the goddess she was. Nick needed to step it up or risk losing the best thing in his life.

 

I wanted Lilly to find love and happiness, also. She always seemed to get handed a raw deal when it came to men. Maybe things would work out between her and Brian.

 

“I’m sure he did that on purpose.” Lilly chuckled.

 

“Did you strip for him?” Jade questioned.

 

My face turns a deep shade of crimson. “I really don’t feel like discussing it.”

 

“Something happened. I want to know.” Jade sings. Her eyes were full of mischief. I just know she’s going to taunt and tease Nick tonight. This is going to be a night none of us forget.

 

“You sound like Reese.” I pushed her into Lilly.

 

“I want to know, too.” Lilly said with a smile.

 

My sisters are too much. They needed to know every move I make with a guy. Things have never changed. God, I remember my first date in high school. The two of them snuck in the movie theater and sat a few rows behind me and my date. All was good until we started making out, and Jade hollered ‘way to go’.  Let me say, I never had too many dates after that.

 

“Fine.” I huffed. “He knows the color of my bra, but so does Nick.” Both of my sisters looked at me in shock. Payback is a bitch. I started laughing uncontrollably.

 

“Red, I never thought you’d be the one parading her goodies backstage for all the Backstreet Boys to see.” Lilly exclaimed rather loudly. A few of the girls around us gave me a dirty look. Nothing like having the fans hate you.

 

“Shut up! I’m going to get burned at the stake by a bunch of jealous fans.” I hissed at my eldest sister. “Not all of them saw.”

 

“We’ll stick Lilly Blue in front of you. She’ll get them to back down.” Jade commented.

 

“Go to hell Willow.” Lilly smirked at her sister, knowing she hated her first name. “What the hell is taking so long?”

 

“I don’t know, but I’m guessing AJ had his pants down.” Jade couldn’t stop laughing at her own comment. I looked away with embarrassment. “Oh, Red. You’re so guilty.”

 

“For you information AJ’s pants were not down. He was fully clothed.”  I glared at her. “He just wasn’t dressed for the show.”

 

The lights started to dim in the arena. I was thankful for the show to begin. At least I would have two hours of peace from my sisters. Jade would be fucking with Nick’s mind.  Lilly, I was sure would do something to get Brian to notice her. That meant I could just sit and enjoy the show. There was no way I was going to embarrass myself in front of AJ. I pulled my camera out of my purse. I was going to get some good shots of AJ to put in Reese’ room.

 

The arena went dark and the music started to play. Everything in my crazy life was forgotten when the lights went on and the boys appeared.