- Text Size +

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Terri

 

 

Chapter 21

 

 

LILLY

 

 

If you’d have asked me fifteen years ago if I wanted to meet Nick Carter I would have said tell me when and where. Now I want to throw the guy off the top of the Empire State Building for what he’s doing to Jade.  And me.  It’s bad enough that I feel worthless but to have him keep reminding me of that past I came from makes me feel like the lowest form of life on Earth.  I love my sisters and would kill for them if I had to but I was coming to the conclusion he wasn’t worth it no matter how much hell he insisted on putting me through this weekend.  Jade had gone through hell and back because of a man.  I’d been there because of men and now one was doing his damnedest to tear this family apart.  I wasn’t going to let him. I’d put myself on the line if I thought it would save either Red or Twig’s reputations.   Mine was already long gone.  All because of a guy I was dating my freshman year in college. I thought I’d met a great guy and had confided in him about what my Father had done to spoil the opportunities my sisters had to get into some of the best colleges in the country.   He was the first guy I was ever intimate with and due to my natural curves and long legs, he suggested I do some soft core pornography.  I figured I’d do the one, make enough money to pay off my first year of school then get a normal job to get them through.

 

As you can tell things didn’t work out that way. I started getting into the heavier stuff. I did groups of men, got into some bondage and even did some of the sickening fetishes out there. It makes me ill to think about it now but then my only focus was to get Jade and Aspen college degrees.   Jade managed to get a partial scholarship so it wasn’t so bad there but Aspen, I had to get through the full ride.  At first, I thought I was doing it just for the money but I started liking certain aspects and was able to pick and choose what I wanted to do (which got me out of those sicko fetishes) but I was still being used.  It’s a man’s world and no matter how hard we try to assert our independence, they still own it.  I didn’t know how I was going to tell Aspen.  Jade and I were more open with our sexuality where with Aspen, we knew she’d been there but she never went into details like we did. I guess there are some things you’re just better off not sharing with your sisters. 

 

Then there were these two precious little angels for nieces I have.  It’s bad enough that their mothers have to deal with it but what about their little friends and any of the fathers of their friends that I could come into contact over the years if I were to move in with Twig and Red. I knew it was still a few years off but it was something I had to consider.  I sacrificed my dignity so my little sisters could have a better life.  In a way I resented them but at the same time I was proud of their accomplishments. They’d made their dreams come true.   I used to be one of those old fashioned girls. I really didn’t want to go to college. I wanted to find a man, settle down and have a gaggle of children running around in the backyard with the family dog.  Boy did the guy that could make all that come true come along twenty years too late.  At least I thought he had.   I’d had things done to my body to where I wasn’t sure I could have children even he wanted me to give them to him. Seemed like he did. I just couldn’t understand why.  I’d been degraded by some of the top paid in their field and along come Nick proving he can do it even better than they could. I felt my phone vibrate as Twig and I just sat there in Aspen’s room in silence.  I looked down at the number.  I should just ignore it but I picked up.  He wasn’t in a place where I could do bodily damage to him. “What do you want Nick?”

“I think you know the answer to that Lilly of the Night but for now I’ll just settle for a little phone sex.”

He wasn’t going to get to me this time but I was going to let him have it.” I know you don’t give a fuck about my sister but I do. God only knows why but she’s in love with you and has the most beautiful little girl in the world because of you but I’ll be damned I let her throw her life away on a prick that’s only out to stick it wherever he can.” Man did that feel good! But would it make any difference to him?   I can’t believe Jade hadn’t already ripped my eyes out for that one. He wasn’t answering. “Nick?”

“Still here.”

“So are we through playing this game and are you through breaking my sister’s heart because I swear what I was thinking of doing to you last night is nothing compared to what I will do if you don’t get your head out of your ass and make a decision instead of leading her on.”

 

“I have a daughter?”

Wow. He heard me. “Looks just like you.  Might want to chew on that before brunch and don’t you dare call Jade before then or I will carry through with my threat. Capiche?”

 

“Got it.” He hung up.

 

I looked at Jade. She looked at me and hugged me as tight as she could. “Thank you Lils. Even if never acknowledges her, thank you!”

 

“He needed to hear it. I’m sick of him making me feel like a two bit hooker. I’m better than that. According to Brian I am.”

 

Jade pulled away from me. “You are Lilly.  You deserve to have your dreams come true just like everybody else in the world.  So what happened last night?”

 

“Not a thing. We talked.  A lot.”

“You’re wearing his shirt Lils.”

“He got me one of his because of the beer.  Although he did say he wanted to lick it off me.”

 

“Did you let him?”

“Twig!”

“What? It’s an honest question.”

 

“What do you think?”

“I think you let him have a taste.”

 

“I did but that’s all I let him have last night.” Jade and I fell back onto the bed in a fit of giggles like a couple of teenage girls talking about their first date.

 

Aspen walked into the room and said, “Reese is taken care of. What did I miss?”

 

Jade and I popped up. “We were talking about Brian licking the beer off Lilly’s nipples,” Jade answered with a smirk.

 

Aspen blushed at that.

 

“He didn’t though.  I want to know what happened that’s made you blush like a schoolgirl every time we ask what happened last night.”