- Text Size +

The Truth Between The Lies       

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 22

 

Aspen

 

I managed to avoid my sisters’ interrogation until we started shopping. So much happened last night that I was still coming to terms with everything.

 

We were sitting in the dressing room, while Lilly and I were trying on outfits. Jade wanted us to look hot for our men. I definitely think they were going to be surprised.

 

“So spill it, Red. You have been in la la land since I arrived this morning. What gives?” Jade sipped her mimosa.

 

I guess it was now or never. I had to tell them about last night. I tried on the last dress and twirled around.

 

“That’s the dress. AJ’s going to go bonkers for it.” Lilly smiled at me. I could feel myself start to blush. “It’s okay for you to make a man go crazy. Come one, Red. We’re not leaving until you tell us about last night.”

 

I took a seat in the chair near Jade. Lilly continues to try on outfits. She’s such a fashionista. “Well, after the show AJ and I went out for dinner at this diner near his house. The food was delicious.”

 

“Who cares about the food? I just want to know if AJ was delicious.” Jade giggled.

 

I rolled my eyes and continued. “Afterwards we went to his house.”

 

“Did you see his bedroom?” Lilly asked with a smirk. I blushed the color of a tomato. Why did they care about my sex life so much?

 

I rolled my eyes at both of my sisters and visualized last night in my mind as I shared with them. They of course were getting the condensed version.

 

When we got to AJ’s house, I slipped off my shoes and found a seat on his plush leather couch. I was exhausted, but happy. He sat next to me and started rubbing my feet. I thought I died and gone to heaven. AJ took his time massaging every part of my foot.

 

“Mmmmm…AJ that feels good.” I purred. I was like a cat in heat just from his simple, sensual touch.

 

“I’m glad.” AJ smiled at me. “I’m glad that I have you in my life again.”

 

AJ might have had the persona of a bad boy on stage. In real life he was nothing but a sweet, romantic man. He had my heart in a puddle on the floor. I think I was starting to fall for him.

 

“Did I really leave that big of an impact on you? We both were so drunk that night.” I said seriously. I don’t know if I believed it. I wanted to think it was true, but I had never just let myself fall.

 

“I couldn’t stop thinking about you. At one point I thought I dreamed you up.” AJ removes my feet from his lap and grabs my hand. He pulls me outside to his yard.

 

“Wow, this is beautiful!” I am amazed by the landscaping in his yard. I know I should have been thinking about AJ, but I was nervous.

 

“Thanks, but you’re the only beautiful thing I see right now.” His hands moved to my hips as he pulled me closer. He placed a gentle kiss on my lips, but soon it turned to one of passion. My hands started massaging his ass, as he moved his hands under my shirt. We made out in AJ’s yard for at least forty-five minutes. I was content with how things were progressing.

 

“Aspen, let me make love to you.” He whispered in my ear.

 

“So did you?” Jade was on the edge of her seat.

 

Did I tell my sisters the truth? Would they think less of me? I was such a prude compared to them. They had no issues talking or having sex. On the other hand, I was a novice.

 

“Yes, we had sex.” I whispered quietly. “And, I’m not going into detail.”

 

After AJ and I made love three times, I laid in his arms talking. I told him stories about Reese and my job. AJ told me stories about being on the road. To me everything was perfect. I was home when I was with AJ.

 

“I forgot to give you, your birthday present.” AJ got out of bed and grabbed a small bag from the closet. “Open up.”

 

He had the biggest grin on his face. I couldn’t help but smile back. I was so relaxed when I was with AJ. He was laidback and I was uptight, but it worked.

 

I took the tissue paper out of the bag. Inside was a Canon Rebel DSLR camera. I was shocked that he would buy me something so expensive. He barely knew me.

 

“AJ, wow! It’s a beautiful camera. You didn’t have to spend that much money on me.” I wiped my eyes feeling the tears that were building up.

 

“I wanted to. Reese mentioned that you love taking pictures of her.” He smiled and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek. “All I ask it that I get copies of every picture you take of Reese.”

 

“Of course.” I set the camera into the bag. As I wrap my arms around AJ’s neck the sheet fell off my body. AJ pushed me onto the bed as our tongues swirl together. I forget about everything and just enjoyed myself.

 

 “I’m jealous of you.” Lilly walked out wearing an off the shoulder tropical print romper. You could see her long legs in the short shorts. She was gorgeous.

 

“That outfit is perfect. You’re going to give Brian a major hard on.” Jade laughed.

 

“I hope he’s wearing baggy pants.” I commented with a smirk.

 

Jade started chocking on her drink. Lilly and I rushed over to her.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked as Lilly patted her back.

 

“Yeah. You floored me with your comment. Sweet, naļve Aspen making dirty comments.”

 

“Shut up.” I stuck my tongue out at my sisters.

 

“So finish telling us about your hot night with AJ fucking McLean.”

 

I stood up and smoothed the salmon colored scoop neck A-line tank dress I was wearing.  How was I going to explain this to my sisters?

 

AJ and I slept a few hours, but woke up to watch the sunrise. I pinched myself making sure this was real and not a dream. We sat on the deck drinking coffee and watching the sun do it’s magic.

 

“You’re glowing.” AJ played with my hair.

 

“That’s all because of you.” I leaned my head into the crook of his neck. The hair on his chin tickling my skin.

 

“Aspen, tonight has been everything and more.” AJ said as he sat me up. I saw him take something out of his pocket. I was extremely nervous all of a sudden.

 

“This has been the best night of my life.” I whispered.

 

“Aspen, will you marry me?” AJ said as he held a beautiful ring with his fingers.

 

“AJ McLean proposed to you?” Lilly shrieked and grabbed my hand. “Where’s the fucking ring?”

 

“You did say yes, didn’t you?” Jade questioned.

 

“I have the ring in my purse.” I looked at Lilly. Then I answered Jade. “I didn’t say yes or no.”

 

“Would you care to explain because I’m not understanding you?”

 

I grabbed my glass of champagne and took a sip. I needed some liquid courage. I wasn’t sure my sisters would understand.  Hell, I wasn’t sure I understood.

 

“First off, I don’t know AJ all that well. Two nights of wonderful sex does not make a relationship. Second, what if he only wants to marry me because of Reese?” I stand up and start to pace.

 

“Did you tell him that?” Lilly tried to get me to stop pacing.

 

“Yes, we had a long talk about it.” I leaned against the wall, looking at my newly manicured nails. Jade had gone all out with manicures and pedicures.

 

“Well?” Jade asked, sitting on the edge of her seat.

 

“He told me that I could wear it as a promise ring until I was comfortable enough to want to marry him.” I smiled at my sisters.

 

“So where is the ring?” Lilly grabbed my purse and started rummaging through it until she found the jewelry box.

 

“What are you doing?” I was flabbergasted. I couldn’t believe Lilly would just go into my purse like that.

 

“Finding that ring and putting it on your finger.” Lilly opened the box. “Oh my! That is absolutely the most beautiful ring I’ve ever seen. It’s so you. Come look, Jade.”

 

“Holy fuck! Aspen, please say yes, even if it’s just as a promise.”

 

“I totally agree with Twig and you know that never happens.” We all chuckle. “Don’t make mistakes like the two of us. AJ seems like a great guy. Please give him a chance and be happy.”

 

“I know.” I take the box and slide the bamboo style pink sapphire with two black diamonds shoulders on my right ring finger. It was the perfect ring for me. “Lilly, you are going to find happiness and so is Jade. You just got to give it a chance. If I can do that, so can you.”

 

“I’m so glad AJ called me about changing the time for brunch. I enjoyed spending time with my sissies.” We all get together for a group hug.

 

“Yes, we needed this girl time. Those guys are going to drool when they see us.” Jade swung her hips sexily. We started laughing.

 

My phone beeped. I checked my phone. “Okay, girls, Reese it waiting for us at the car. We better get going.”

 

I met Jackie at my car. Reese ran to me as soon as she saw me. I picked her up and gave her a kiss. That’s when I noticed her arms.

 

“Reese what did you do?” I asked calmly.

 

“Aspen, I’m so sorry. Reese found some markers and the girls deciding to draw on themselves.”  Jackie apologized.

 

“It’s okay.” I sighed. “Don’t worry about it.”

 

“It’s going to take a while to come off since they decided to use Sharpies.”

 

I thanked Jackie and she left. I looked at my daughter. Her arms were covered with flowers and squiggles. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I placed her in her car seat.

 

“Reese, why did you color on your arms?” I asked her as I got in the driver’s seat.

 

“I want to wook wike AJ.” She smiled at me. Oy vey, Reese was going to be the death of me and she was only three. “Auntie Wiwy, you wike my pictures?”

 

“They’re beautiful.” She said and started a conversation with Reese.

 

“She’s so much like her daddy.” Jade whispered from the passenger seat.

 

“More than you’ll ever know.” I said as I pulled out of the parking lot.