- Text Size +

The Truth Between The Lies

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 29

 

Jade

 

            As Nick holds me in his arms, I watch AJ and Aspen kissing. I’m so thrilled for her, I can’t put it into words. Seems like the Grey family is finally on track and growing.  Lilly’s married and she and Brian seem to be perfect for each other. Aspen is marrying the man of her dreams. And me? I’ve got Nick and Calleigh…his little pixie. What more could I want?

            He distracts me from my thoughts by kissing my neck, just below my ear. “What are you thinking, Beautiful?”

            I giggle into the collar of his shirt. “Wondering if it would be rude to sneak away again. The first time was a lot of fun.”

            He bites my earlobe, causing me to shiver. “Fun? Baby, it was WAY more than fun. And I have your panties in my pocket to prove it.”

            I should blush…but God knows how much I love this man. We can talk about anything, and I do mean anything. Ever been with a man who actually talked to you about your period and asked what he could do to help when you’re bitchy, crabby and cramping? Nick does. He takes my mood swings in stride and when the PMS goes away…he’s right there loving me with everything he has.

            I pull back and look into his eyes. “Nick, I never thought…I always felt like I could never be happy.”

            He strokes my face. “Please Baby…forget the past. I have. All that matters is I have you and Calleigh. You’re all I need. For the first time in my life, I belong to someone…I have something great. I love you Baby.”

            With tears shining in my eyes I whisper, “I love you too.”

            He kisses my nose and says, “Champagne, my darling?”

            I smile and nod. After he walks away, I turn and watch Aspen and AJ. That must be what Nick and I look like. So much in love. So in tune with each other. Aspen catches me watches and waves at me. I wave back, turning to find Nick.

            I see Lilly holding his hand and pulling him through the side door of the club that leads to the hallway where the bathrooms are. Don’t ask how I know this (but it’s where Nick stole my panties). As secure as I am that Nick loves me, I’m also just as insecure that I’ll never be enough to satisfy him. Especially knowing what Lilly’s body used to do to him when we watched her movies.

            I slowly make my way to the door, deathly afraid of what I’ll find, but bound and determined that Nick is mine and no one will ever steal him from me. I ease down the hallway, listening at various doors for their voices. Outside the men’s room I hear Lilly’s throaty laughter and my heart clenches. I press my ear to the door in time to hear her say, “I know you want me Nick. You were watching me.”

            My stomach knots up. I hear Nick say, “Lilly, you’re drunk. Why don’t you go find your husband?”

            She whines, “I already fucked him. I wanna fuck you. Come on, Big Boy, let me see what you got hiding in those pants.”

            I put my hand on the door handle and push down, slowly swinging the door open. I see their reflection in the mirror. She’s on the sink with her legs wrapped around his waist. Nick is trying to pull away, but she’s holding his body with her impossibly long legs and has one arm around his neck. The other is tugging at her dress, trying to free her breasts for his perusal.

            He pushes away harder. “Dammit, Lilly, I don’t want you. I don’t want this. I love your sister. I thought you did too. I thought you loved Brian.”

            She pouts. “I do love her. And I love him with all my heart. This isn’t about love Nick. It’s about you and me scratching an itch that’s been there for years.”

            I start to push my way in, but I stop short when he says, “I did want you, Lilly. For the longest time. But that changed. Everything changed when I realized just what I have with Jade. And how fucking stupid I was before. I’m not going to do this. I won’t allow you to hurt her this way.”

            I push the door open, garnering their attention. “What the hell do you think you’re doing Lilly?”

            She drops her legs. “Umm, nothing, Nick was…well, he wanted…FUCK Jade, you know what guys want!”

            Nick stammers, “I didn’t…Jade, I swear to God this wasn’t my idea! She…”

            I hold up my hand. “I heard Nick. I heard what you said.” I turn my attention to Lilly, not realizing the hallway behind me has filled with my family and friends. They all have a front row view of how my own sister tried to sleep with my man. And right at the front of the group…Brian.

            Lilly looks at me. “Come on, Twig, this is me. You’re gonna believe him over your own sister?”

            I shake my head sadly. “I don’t have to Lilly. I heard you. I heard what you said. I heard and saw everything.” Dropping my voice to an agonized whisper, I ask, “How could you do this to me?”

            From behind me, Brian chirps, “Or me?”

            She blanches as Nick pulls away and walks over to me. “Brian, wait…I didn’t…this isn’t…BRIAN!”

            He turns and walks away and she runs after him, not even bothering to apologize. I raise my gaze to Nick’s. In a pained whisper, he says, “Jade, I swear…”

            I cover his lips with my fingertips, fighting back a sob. “I know, Nick. I did hear everything.”

            He gathers me into his arms and buries his face in my neck as the crowd returns to the bar. “Jade, Baby, she’s drunk out of her mind. Odds are she won’t remember it.” He takes a deep breath. “She needs help, Jade. Serious help.”

            I tremble in his arms. “Nick…I just…I’m sorry.”

            I start to pull away but he tightens his grip on me. “No. You’re not going to run from me. Not now, not ever. Jade, I love you more than anything in this world. You have to know that.”

            I nod into his chest. “I do Nick. But seeing her…hearing what she said. Nick you can’t deny that at one time you wanted…”

            He says, “Jade…Baby, when we watched her movies, I was flying higher than a kite on coke and she was a porn star. Every man I knew wanted to fuck her and it was just for her body. I know she’s more than that now. She’s your sister and even though she has a self-esteem problem, and apparently a drinking problem, I love her as a sister. But you…Jade, YOU are my woman. My lover, my friend…my EVERYTHING.”

            His words shoot straight into my soul. “Oh Nick, I love you so.”

            He kisses me gently. Then he slides down on one knee and takes my hand. “Willow Jade Grey, will you marry me?”

            To say I’m stunned is an understatement. Nick just proposed to me in a bathroom at a club where one sister announced her engagement and the other made a pass at him. I just can’t believe he did it. I start giggling. At his semi-hurt expression, I glance around.

            His gaze follows mine as his laughter joins in. I drop to my knees and wrap my arms around him. “You crazy, romantic fool. I love you, you know?”

            He kisses me hungrily before saying, “Is that a yes?”

            I tip my head back and laugh loudly. “I can’t wait to tell Calleigh her daddy proposed 3 feet from a urinal.”

            He bites my neck and growls, “Is that a YES?”

            I bring my gaze back to his. “Yes, yes, a million times YES!”

            With a grace that amazes me, he sweeps me into his arms and stalks to a stall.  After closing the door and locking it, he whispers, “You have to be quiet for this one.”

            “This one what?” I ask, knowing the answer.

            He smirks. “I’m gonna fuck my fiancé.  Now!”

            He I slip to the floor as he opens his pants. He draws me back up into his arms after exposing his ever growing erection. Wrapping my legs around him, he probes me till he slips inside. My dress rides up as his hands grip my butt, his fingers biting into my flesh.

            I whimper as he drives in deeper. “Shh. I told you, quiet. I’ll spank you if you’re not.”

            I bite my lip. He’s so fucking hot when he takes control like this. It’s agony for me to be quiet…and I don’t quite make it. When the orgasm overtakes me, I nearly scream. He jerks my face to his and swallows the sound as he lets go and climaxes inside me.

            After we catch our breath, he whispers, “I owe you a spanking, you naughty girl. But for now…”

            With my body wrapped around his, he manages to hold me with one arm and slide his hand into his shirt pocket, pulling out a ring. “I love you Jade.” I hold out my shaking hand and he slides the ring on it.  Our eyes lock and he whispers, “Till death do us part.”

            I feel the tears seep from my eyes and whisper, “I do.”