- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

its here its here its here its here.....plz DON'T KILL ME lol

 

Chapter 3- We need to talk.

 

"OH MY GOD. WE FINALY GRADUATED," I yelled and sighed in relief.

"Yea, now all those late nights editing and filming feel like they were worth it," Adam chuckled.

"Wow can't believe its been four years. Feel like just yesterday," I smiled.

The music boomed through the DJ system. My fellow grad friends and I sat at a table in the club, enjoying the scene, ready to party up.

"Alright, alright. Here we go," Nalyne walked up to our table, placing a bottle of El Presidente Vodka in the center and six shot glasses. "I'm so proud of you girl," she patted my back.

Ever since the day I went to get Nay at her house, she hasn't returned. She began to live with me and honestly, she's an awesome roommate. She started going out again after a small while...dragging me along. As for anything else...well there isn't much to say. Temptations came on contacting the guys trying to find out in anyway how Nick was doing after finding out he was arrested in Malibu for a DUI. Somehow I wasn't shocked at that. I was, however, shocked when Nalyne told me about him and Paris Hilton. I mean...Paris Fucking Hilton... you have got to be shitting me.

 

***

I handed the man in waiting a screaming orgasm. Smiling sweetly as he winked and left back to his friends. I grabbed a cloth from under the bar and began wiping down the liquids that were spilled a while before.

"Can you believe it. I mean seriously, he can do so much better," Nalyne argued behind me.

I turned, seeing her look over the magazine she was holding. I turned back, laughing.

"Don't you have better things to do than to be reading that trash?" I yelled over my shoulder.

"Yes, but when it concerns one of my favorite groups, I tend to not care. And don't act like you never read this stuff," she smiled.

I shook my head, throwing the cloth back where it was. "Never said otherwise," I muttered, walking over to her, placing myself to stand next to her, looking over her shoulder.

"So, whats so interesting?" I tilted my head to read better, not bothering to look at the photos.

"Nick Carter dating Paris Hilton," she said in tone, flipping it around so I could get a better look.

There they were. Photos of them holding hands, dancing, and kissing.

Why did I think he wasn't going to move on. Of coarse he was. It's not like he was going to wait for me. That was just stupid.

"Wow,"

Really?! That's ALL I could say?

"Tell me about it. He could do so much better. His last girlfriend was waaay better," Nalyne argued.

Last girlfriend??

"Who was his last girlfriend?" I asked, intrigued.

I hadn't heard anything about Nick in the past two years. So I didn't know if this was my first time hearing he had found someone else.

"It was a make up artist chick. Long dark hair, pale skin...she is very pretty. I met her one, during the Millennium concert in Dallas," she looked up at me quickly and looked back down.

I froze.

"Oh," was all I let out.

"Yea. I wonder what happened to her. Nick never said anything and she just disappeared a little after Black and Blue," she shrugged.

I cleared my throat and shrugged nervously.

 

***

 

"I'll be right back. I made you guys something," Nalyne smiled, turning around, walking towards the back of the club.

"Alright, first shot," Liam shouted over the music, grabbing the already filled shot glass, and holding it up in the air. "Here's to four years of torture finally paid off,"

"Here here," I smiled as everyone lifted their glass up, and tossing the fluid back.

I felt as the alcohol slide down my throat, leaving a satisfied burn.

"Its half chocolate half vanilla since I know E doesn't like chocolate cake," Nalyne shouted.

I turned away from the dance floor and looked at her, smiling.

"Aww thanks Nay," everyone at the table said in unison.

"Alright. Sentimental moment over...LET'S PARTAAAAAY," Rachel shouted, waving her arms around.

Everyone cheered, taking in another shot, and began dancing in their seats as the cake was being cut.

Best. Grad party. Ever.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My blood was pumping. The music was loud. And I was dancing.

The night was going great. I already had taken 16 shots and I was barely starting my buzz. There were a lot of people. It was a full night.

I smiled, grinding against Liam, my hands clutching onto his shoulders so I wouldn't tip over.

It was hot. Really hot. People were rubbing against each other. The body heat created a nice steamy setting. The music just kept going, people sweated, not caring. Some caught in make out sessions, others just dancing really close. Just enough friction to send you over the edge. The heat was intoxicating.

The song ended and another started immediately after. I pulled away from Liam, leaning a bit forward to whisper in his ear.

"I'm gonna go take a bathroom break," I shouted, moving my, once again, short, red hair to the side.

After finding out about the whole Paris thing, I definitely didn't want to remain sticking with blonde. So I went for a bride cherry, candy apple red. Somehow it ended up with some parts darker than the rest so my hair looked like it was on fire.

Liam nodded, letting me go, and walking back to the table. I smiled, taking a deep breath before pushing myself through the crowd. I entered the restroom seeing the regulars standing in front of the row of mirrors.

"Hey, Ester, whats up? I heard your graduation was today," Ashley, blonde, short, tanned skin, wearing a extremely short pink, glittery dress, greeted me.

I gave her a small wave. "Yea it was. Just celebrating," I chuckled.

"That's awesome. Well congrats," she smiled.

I nodded and left to do my business. Once I was done, I washed my hands and walked out.

I looked over at the bar, seeing Nalyne rushing around. I tried walking towards the bar, getting stopped to be congratulated once in a while. I felt something touch my leg. I looked down, shaking my leg a little, and continued to walk, still looking at my leg. Before I gazed back up, I walked into something hard. I rubbed the top of my head, messing my hair up unintentionally, and moved my gaze up too see what I had bumped into.

"Sorry," the voice chuckled.

"It's OK. I wasn't looking, that's what happens when I don't pay attention," I shrugged, laughing. I looked at the face that belonged to the hard body and immediately, I was choking for air.

I coughed violently, trying to catch my breathe. Doubling over, I hit my chest lightly.

"Hey are you OK?" he asked. His concerned raspy voice, close to my ear. I felt his hand gently touch my back, patting it lightly. I continued to cough. I heard myself begin to wheeze. I seriously could not catch my breathe. I began walking forward, still bent. My eyes moved up, catching sight of the bar. I extended my free arm reaching over for support.

"You need some water?" he asked.

Jesus Christ, he followed me. OK Estrella think. Shake him off. I thought to myself.

"I'm....I'm fine," I forced out. I stood up looking away, avoiding his gaze. I slammed my hand against the bar, catching Nalyne's attention.

"You don't sound OK," he argued.

Typical. Just like him to worry.

"I think you slammed into me harder than we though," he said, with a light chuckled.

"Hey E what's wro-," Nay trailed off.

I wanted to look at her, but I couldn't, not without being noticed by him.

"Um, hey, your friend could use some water," he said.

I didn't hear Nalyne respond.

"Thanks...here, drink this," he handed me a glass of water.

I took it chugging it down, still not looking at him. I put the glass down, clearing my throat, looking down, having my short hair fall over my face.

"You OK now?" he rubbed my back.

I nodded, "Yea thanks," I saw him lean forward trying to look at me, but I looked away.

"Why won't you let me see you?" he asked softly, almost not being able to hear him over the music.

"Holy shit E," I finally heard Nalyne speak.

I looked up at her. She had a stupid grin plastered on her face.

"Nay....customers?" I gave her a nod to the side.

"Huh, oh right," she laughed lightly. "You want something to drink Mr. Mclean?" she asked him, her voice shaking.

I would have smacked her, if I wasn't trying so hard to hide my own face.

"I...I mean, you know, like nothing alcoholic," she nervously added.

"Um no, that's fine," he paused. "You know actually, can you take a bottle of Jack over to the VIP section. The rest of the guys are over there," I could here him smile.

I froze, again. I immediately shot up looking over to the VIP area, and sure enough, there they were.

"Right away," Nalyne curtsied.

I turned back to look at her, catching AJ looking back at me.

"Your friend is funny," he chuckled.

He doesn't recognize me?

I nodded. The chill feeling was all over me. I had to get out.

"So your OK right?" he touched my arm.

I coughed lightly and nodded vigorously.

"You come here often?" he pursued.

I nodded again.

"You like to party a lot?" he chuckled.

I shook my head slowly at first.

"Whats a matter, cat's screwed your voice?"

"It's 'cat's got your tongue'," I answered softly.

"What?" he leaned closer, tilting his head to the side, something he did when he is trying to listen better.

"I said, the correct phrase is 'Cat's got your tongue'. Jesus AJ, way to ruin a good line," I argued.

There was no response.

I tuned to look at him.

There it was. His stunned expression. That....said it all.

"Ella?" he breathed.

I pushed myself away from the bar, turning to head out.

"Hey wait. Where the hell are you going?" he grabbed my arm.

I yanked my arm, trying to literally shake him off.

"Are you fucking kidding me. I haven't seen you in what almost five fucking years, and all you do is run the first chance you get?" he yelled. I continued to try and yank my arm away. "ELLA STOP," he growled.

I didn't move. I looked back at Alex. His brows were furrowed. His lips set in a line. He. Was. Mad.

Suddenly, he pulled my arm hard, causing me to crash into him. He wrapped his arms around me Holding me tightly. I closed my eyes, wrapping my arms around him.

"I'd thought I'd never see you again," he whispered in my ear.

 

 

I opened my eyes, shifting them to the VIP area. As soon as I did, I saw Nick and Brian sitting there have a beer. A girl was sitting on Nick's lap obviously rubbing her ass against Nick, making it seem like she was dancing. More like a stripper dancing for someone.

I sighed. "Neither did I," I whispered.

He pulled away, holding me from my shoulders, and looking at me with a smile, and a few tears. He gave me a once over before swinging his arm over my shoulders.

"Come on let's talk,"

 

 

***

 

[Nick]

It. Was. Hot.

Literally.

I looked over at Brian, as he took a sip from his beer. He looked at me and shook his head, turning to stare at the dance floor once again. I just sat there enjoying the minor lap dance I was getting, with a grin on my face.

We were in Nashville working on the new album. It had been our first week here and we had the night off so we all decided to go out. Some of us had to take a little convincing to join.

I shifted my gaze to the girls behind, as it rubbed against me. Oh yea, it was definitely hot.

I chuckled to myself

"What's so funny baby?" the brunette on my lap, asked, as she laid her back against me, stopping what she was doing before.

"Nothing baby. Keep doing what you were doing," I whispered in her ear, seeing the obvious shills I was giving her, before placing my hand on her hip, motioning her to move.

My attention was caught my a tall, leggy, tanned skin, and dirty blonde chick walking up the stairs towards us, holding a tray, and a bottle of Jack, with shot glasses around.

"Hello. My name is Nalyne. Mr. Mclean told me to bring this up to you guys," she smiled, placing the bottle down in front of us.

"Excuse me Nalyne, do you happen to know where AJ is?" Kevin asked, coming up the stairs with Kristin in hand.

"Um last I checked he was with my friend, down at the bar. Do you guys need anything?" Nalyne asked, looking at all of us.

I looked down at the bar, searching for AJ, when I spotted him, talking to a tall, short, really red haired girl.

I tuned out what the guys were telling the bar chick as I studied the girl my brother was talking to. They hugged. If I was just anyone, I would have thought they knew each other.

She moved a strand of her bangs and hooked it over her ear. The light from the bar shining on her face.

My eyes widened.

"Mr. Carter, would you like anything?" I heard the blonde girl ask.

I didn't answer, just kept on staring down at AJ and the girl I knew...I think.

"Dude you OK?" I heard Brian ask.

I pushed the girl on my lap off.

"You...uuuh," I trailed off trying to remember her name.

She nodded, "Nalyne,"

"Nalyne. What's your friends name?" I asked quickly.

"Which one?" her brows narrowed.

I pointed in the direction AJ was.

"E?" she asked.

"Her real name," I breathed.

"Um...I'm not sure how to pronounce it. That's why I call her E," she shrugged.

I looked back down at the bar, staring at her. That has to be her.

"Do you know how to spell it?" I asked, slightly annoyed. I needed to know if it was her.

"Um, hold on," she held up her finger and walked away.

What the hell.

I leaned over the railing seeing her walk to the back of the bar. Telling something to the girl that was with AJ and quickly pushed herself through the crowd, and up the stairs.

"This is it," she yelled over the music, handing me a name tag.

She worked here.

I glance quickly up at her before looking down.

My blood ran cold. My heart beat was going twice as fast. I was sobering up.

There it was in plain letters.

Estrella Vasquez.

I clutched at the name tag. Grabbing it tightly in my fist, bringing it up to my lips, closing my eyes.

"Nick are you OK?" I heard Howie ask, before feeling his hand on my back.

I dashed down the stairs. Trying to push through the crowd, getting extremely frustrated when I was being pulled aside. I reached the bar, I began looking around frantically. I caught AJ, grabbing him by the shoulders tightly.

"Where is she?" I breathed. I wanted my answer. I needed my answer.

"Wheres who?" AJ asked stupidly.

I growled, shaking him aggressively, "Cut the bullshit AJ. You knew she was here, you knew all this fucking time," I shoved him.

"Who man? What the fucking are you talking about?" he pushed my arms away, shouting back.

"Star!" my blood was boiling. How could he keep this from me.

"Nick, I have no idea what your talking about," he responded, before walking away, banging his shoulder into mine.

I watched him disappear through the mash of people dancing.

I inhaled deeply, before beginning my way to the outside.

I pushed the doors open, feeling the warm air hit my face. I looked down the street both ways.

"Star?" I called out. I walked down to one side, peeking into the alley. "Star?"

Nothing.

No response. Was this in my head? Why would it be, I haven't thought of her for a while.

I looked down at my hand. Seeing the little bit of blood trickle from the center of my palm. I loosened my fingers, slowly extending my hand, seeing her name tag.

This was definitely not in my head. She's here. And she works here. So that means she lives here.

I looked around one last time before heading back inside.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

[Estrella]

 

"So what are you doing here?" the first question I could think of, I asked.

"We're um actually planning on recording our album here. We were just taking this week to um, get around more. I guess. Just get used to everything," he chuckled, nervously.

I nodded, not saying anything more.

There was a moment of awkward silence before Alex began cracking the ice...or at least intended to.

"So how have you been? What happened too you? Are you living here? Are you OK?" Alex asked, burning through questions.

"Whoa, a little to much there Alex," I chuckled.

"Sorry. I just...you know its been four years," he said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Yea. I'm sorry," I looked down. "I've been good. I just finished school. I just graduated actually. Today to tell you the truth. It-," I trailed off, seeing Nalyne walk quickly to the back of the bar, "Nay? You OK?" I asked turning my body to her.

"Yea just getting your name tag," she smiled.

I gave her a confused look.

"Why?"

"Oh um," she giggled. "Nick Carter is taking a really big interest in you," she smile. "I'll be right back," and she walked away.

My eyes widened, turning to AJ.

"Alex. I can't," I breathed. "I can't," I clutched at his hand.

"It's OK," he assured me, "Listen, as much as I don't want to let you go again, I'll stall him, give you some time, but just promise me something?" He looked down at my hands on his, standing up.

"What is it?" I asked quickly, wanting to go away.

He looked back at me, placing a hand on my cheek caressing it softly.

"Don't run away again...please?" he pleaded.

I stared at him and nodded. I gave him a quick hug and headed out the front door, seeing Nick from the corner of my eye, rushing down the steps from the VIP area.

I turned desperately trying to figure out what to do.

"E, you OK baby girl," Hansel, one to the bouncers, asked.

"Yea Hans I'm good," I answered quickly, before running around the corner into the alley.

"Star?" I froze, hearing his voice.

Heard his mutter a string of curses as I looked around trying to see my way out. I quickly dove behind the dumpster.

"Star?" I heard him again. Closer this time, sending chills down my spine.

I didn't hear anything anymore. I quickly peeked out, seeing him stand there, staring at my name tag, with a pained look.

I felt a light sting in my chest. I quietly started to get up, moving out from where I was hiding. I wanted to reach out and touch. I wanted that pained look to go away.

He quickly turned around and walked back inside, making me realize what I was about to do.

"Shit," I cussed under my breathe. I turned to look at Hansel, who had a concerned look on his face. "Hans can you tell Nay I went home, please?" I sighed.

"Yea. You sure your OK darling?" he looked at me.

I nodded and walked away, not wanting to get the car, just walk.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Ok. so Did i do good?? lol hope you guys liked it. i'm already anxious to finish up the next one lol. we ya'll know what to do lovexpeace

Evy