- Text Size +

 

Danielle hung up the phone with Nick and look over at Braydan and Jessalynn. They were staring at her like a deer in a cars head light. What were they staring at? Did she have something on her face?

"Everything ok? You are starting to scare me just a little bit." Danielle said breaking the silence.

“yes everything is fine we were just wondering when you were going to get  off the phone with Nick" Braydan replied

"Why does that matter, i haven’t spoken to him in three days and we were just talking about things that we needed to fix" Danielle replied back.

“It doesn’t matter, we just were wondering. We want you to go have fun that’s all.” Braydan answer.

 

    She was annoyed with Braydan, why did it matter to him. It was a simple conversation between her best friend and her. It was as if he was upset that Danielle wasn’t drooling at his feet. He got that way every time Nick was around or when Danielle would mention him. She constantly reminded him, he was with Jessalynn he had no right getting mad. They weren’t together, they were just friends. She wasn’t positive if he knew how she truly felt, but she was certain he knew there were some kind of feelings that she was withholding from him.

There were times when it was just the two of them she want to blurt out, I do love you. I love you from the bottom of my heart. But she got scared of how things would change, and she couldn’t image what would happen if there was no braydan in her life.  Her feeling towards him was nothing, if it meant that she wouldn’t be able to have him in her life, she rather her friendship with him than nothing at all. This was one of the sacrifices she had to have happen if she wanted to stay friends with Braydan.

When it came to her feeling about him where locked up in a notebook. It was more of her journal, The journal was a place Danielle would escape to and write out what she was feeling at that moment. It was somewhere that Danielle could turn to, and just cry if she needed to cry or write out a memory she didn’t want to lose. The entries weren’t all about braydan, some involved her dad and other family situations. The only other person to read the entries was Nick, and of course somehow he taken some of them  and turn it into a song. He swore she had a talent, but every time he would mention it, she would turn as red as Rudolph red nose. She than would giggle and would say “no i don’t, i am not you."

She was always envious of Nick because he had such a special talent when it came to music. He would always tell Danielle that she wasn’t far behind if she just let her guard down and to not worry what everyone else would think. He was good like that, making her feel beyond special that she could do anything she wanted to if she just believed in herself. She never did though. Danielle always doubted herself. Nick always told her, that he was going to break that shell of hers and once he does she is going to shine.  She didn’t get what he saw in her, because what she saw was a broken girl trying to find her way in life. Some days she literally had to force herself to put one foot in front of the other. Nick was the only one around her that believed in her as much as he did. It did feel good at times when he would say things about her writing or her voice even if she didn’t believe the things he was saying.

“When do you plan on going home bray?” danielle asked.

“I don’t know, the party just starting to pick up. Go inside danielle, grab a drink and let lose.” Responded  braydan.

“I don’t want another drink. I am ready to go home.” Danielle insisted.

“Well I am not ready to bring you home.. so I don’t know what to tell you. If I thought you were going to be such a baby about being here, I would have brought you home before I came here.” Braydan said.

“fine! I’ll go get a drink and try to have fun.” Danielle said.

What was his problem? Why was he being a douchbag towards me? Danielle thought. All Danielle wanted to do was go home, but she knew fighting with him wouldn’t make it any better, so she just went inside and got a captain Morgan’s and coke. Hell with it, I guess I will be breaking my promise to Nick tonight because I am getting shit faced. Danielle told herself. 

Inside there were a lot of people she knew and but a lot more people she didn’t know.  When she got in the kitchen there was Emily. Emily was a coworker and a good friend of Danielle’s. She had the long brown hair, when green eyes and a tannish complexion. She was about 5’8 and around 150lbs. she was beautiful. Danielle was envy of her sometimes. All the guys threw themselves at her, but she wasn’t a snob about it. She always made sure Danielle was included when they would hang out- tonight was different though. Tonight Emily was very stand offish.

Danielle walked into the kitchen, got her red solo cub off the breakfast bar and poured her drink than walked over to Emily.

“Hey girlie! What up with you?” Danielle asked

“Nothing really, I had a really sucky day at work, trying to drown it out.” she replied.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Danielle asked?

“Not right now.” Emily said.

“Ok, lets go in the other room, we can hang out with some of the other people” danielle said trying to encourage her to go mingle. It was also forcing Danielle to mingle too.

“Ok” Emily said as she grabbed her drink and headed into the other room.

When they entered the living room there were about ten people sitting around a pulled out table laughing and talking. All of a sudden a boy that Danielle didn’t know shouted to Emily and Danielle. “You guys want to get in this game?”

“what’s the game? Emily asked

“Never have I ever.” Responded the guy.

“Heck yah,” Emily said jumping in.

“Come on Danielle.. This is a fun game.” Emily said pulling Danielle hand.

Never have I ever was a drinking game where one person would say… “Never have I ever….. And then fill something in to something they never did, and the people around them would drink if they have done that. It was a game that could get you drunk REAL fast. Danielle played the game often.  Mainly when she would go to her older brothers’ house and they were drinking. She liked the game, but she was very nervous playing this game with some people she didn’t know. But she went along with Emily. After all, it was her that suggested they go in the living room to see what they were doing. For a few seconds, she wasn’t thinking about Braydan and what he and Jessalynn were doing. For a second she completely forgot about him.

Sitting down at the table, the girl next to Danielle said “how about you go Danielle.” Danielle froze. How could they just throw her right in, just as she was sitting down in her seat? She hasn’t even had time to rest her cup before they pushed it on her.

“Uh ok… Never have I ever… hmmmm..” Danielle said thinking out loud.

“Ok I got one, Never have I ever had given a blow job at the movies.” Danielle finally said.

“OH DAMN, I GOTTA DRINK!” one girl shouted.

“Me too…” another girl said.

There were about three more girls that had to drink to Danielle’s never have I ever. It was true, Danielle never did give a blow job at the movies. In all honesty Danielle never had sex. She was uncomfortable about it, because she was twenty years old and never had sex. It wasn’t because she was waiting on marriage; she just wanted to be with a guy she knew she loved and loved her back. Right now, that guy was taken.

“That was a good one!” Emily whispered in her ear.

“Thanks” Danielle responded back feeling kind of uncomfortable in her own skin.

“Ok it MY turn..” Jenn said as she was walking over to the table.

GREAAAAAT! Danielle thought to herself. What was she going to say now, clearly it was going to be something that would embarrasses the hell of her. Danielle got herself ready for this one.

“ok go ahead Jenn.” One of the girl at the table said.

“Never have I ever been so stupidly in love with my best friend that I follow him around like a little puppy dog. ” She said.

Danielle freaked. How did she know she had feelings for Braydan. This couldn’t be, she knew she was going to say something to embarrass her, but she didn’t think it would be about Braydan.. She was starting to feel sick to her stomach. Relax Danielle, just relax. She told herself. When she looked up, Jenn was staring at her with that haha, I caught you look. She tried to put her head down fast so Jenn wouldn’t say anything.

“Danielle, DRINK UP!” she said in a bitchy voice.

Ok, just deny it. she has no proof of how danielle feels towards Braydan. She then looked up and responded. “I don’t know what you are talking about..”

“Come on Danielle, stop denying it. It is so obvious that you wish you were Jessalynn.” Jenn added.

Oh my god, did she really just say that out loud. Did she really just call her out on having feelings for Braydan. How the hell did she find out. Danielle never told a soul. The only person she told was Nick. She wanted to cry, for she could hear the whispers start, then came the laughing. All Danielle could do is get up and run. But were would she run too. She couldn’t go outside and tell Braydan she wanted to go home. She couldn’t stay in this house either, Danielle had to leave. She had to go, before things got worse.

She pushed her chair out, got up and ran out of the house. The tears were starting to fall nonstop now. Danielle could feel herself hyperventilate. She ran down the stairs outside and straight to Braydan.. “I want to go home!” Danielle shouted.

“Well I not going home, wait why are you crying?” he asked

“No reason, bring me home that’s all.” she said in between tears.

“I am not ready to go home.” He said.

“FINE!! I’ll find my own way home” she said as she started to run.

“Are you kidding me right now Danielle?!” Braydan shouted.

“No I am not, I am leaving the party and I am going home. It’s not far.” Danielle shouted back.

She heard Braydan say something, but she was too far at that point to hear what he was saying to her. All she wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry like a baby. She couldn’t believe what just happen. She was going to hear about this at work. She was sure that it would ruin her friendship with Jessalynn and Braydan. Where was Nick when she needed him the most? She couldn’t think about that at the moment, she just needed to get home. She would then try and call him, because she knew he would listen to her.