- Text Size +

Chapter 13 Don’t Let Anyone Else Outside

****Back with Backstreet and Their Manager***

                “Where the hell is Nick?” Jen asked becoming impatient.

                “We haven’t seen him since you told us the show was still on,” AJ answered.

                “Maybe he met up with his fiancé,” Howie said.

                “But he has a job to do,” Kevin, who had come to surprise both the fans and his band of brothers, spoke up. “Let’s go find him.”

                “I’m coming with you,” Jen added, “I have to give him a piece of my mind. First DJ Lani can’t be found and now Nick’s missing.”

                “Don’t blow up Jen,” Bruce, one of Backstreet’s body guards, placed a hand on her shoulder. “I’ll come with you.”

                The posse headed toward the dressing rooms to find the missing Backstreet Boy.  

                A few minutes later Jen’s flashlight shined on the Backstreet Buds, “What are you girls staring at?”

                They didn’t say a word just pointed toward Marcy and Nick.

                Jen looked and before she could even gasp Bruce and Kevin sprang toward Marcy. Brian raced toward Nick and Howie and AJ grabbed the Backstreet Buds to move them away from the struggle before them so they wouldn’t get hurt. Once they were out of the way AJ and Howie rushed toward Nick to help Brian support him. Nick was so scared that his knees grew weak and he couldn’t stand by himself.

                “What the hell are you doing here Marcy?!” Jen screamed.

                Marcy struggled to get out of Kevin and Bruce’s hold as she answered, “I’m here to make Nick mine forever.”

                Jen just rolled her eyes and said to Kevin and Bruce, “Keep a tight grip on her boys.”

                “Oh trust me,” Bruce said, “She is not going anywhere.”

                Jen stood by the knife that Kevin knocked out of Marcy’s hand and looked at Nick, “Are you hurt?”

                Nick felt his neck, “I think I have a scratch on my neck but I don’t think it’s too deep.”

                Brian took Nick’s hand off of his neck and shinned his flash light to look for the scratch, “You’re right it’s just a little scratch. Thank God it’s not anything serious. She could have killed you Frack.”

                “I know,” he gulped.  “Are you girls ok?”

                They nodded their heads and Jess replied, “A little shaken up but we’re ok.”

                “I’m calling the police now,” Jen said whipping out her cell phone.

                “You better tell them that they have to search for a missing person,” Marcy said.  

                “Could you hold on one second officer,” Jen said after explaining what was going on to the police officer on the line. “What did you just say?”

                “I pushed Kalie outside so Hurricane Irene could get rid of her for me and I could have Nick all to myself,” she responded matter of factly.

                Nick flew up to his feet without hesitation and got in Marcy’s face. “What did you just say?!” he screamed.

                She looked him dead in the eye and smirked, “Look whose deaf now.” She mimicked the slow speaking voice he had used on her, “I…pushed…Kalie…out…into…Hurricane…Irene. She’s probably dead by now.”

                Nick didn’t say a word as everyone around him gasped. Jen reported Kalie’s absence to the police officer in disbelief.

                Nick raised his fist but Brian stopped the punch, “Don’t do it man. It will only bring charges against you.”

                He looked at his friend then ran for the door. AJ, Howie and Brian raced after him but they couldn’t catch him in time. They heard him scream, “KALIE!” before he slipped out of sight.

                Jen and the Backstreet Buds grabbed AJ, Brian and Howie before they could follow Nick out the door.

                “Don’t go after him. I don’t need you three to get lost out in that storm too,” Jen pleaded. “The police are on their way now and they will help him find Kalie.”

                “Call the cops back!” they heard Michelle call out behind them. “They need to know that two other people are out in that storm!”

                Kelshie noticed the girls Dan and Chris where restraining and hissed, “What are you two sluts doing here?!”

                “We caught them trying to drug DJ Lani,” Chris explained.

                “Oh my is he ok?!” Jess asked.

                “We grabbed these two off of him but we couldn’t grab Lani in time,” Chris answered.

                “What do you mean?” Carly questioned.

                “He ran outside before we could catch him. These two locked Heather out in the storm,” Dan said.

                “Oh no Hermie!” the Backstreet Buds exclaimed.            

                Jen re-dailed the police and was connected right away, “We now have four people locked out in the hurricane. Two males and two females.”

                “Don’t let anyone else outside,” the officer said strongly, “Responders are on the way now.”