- Text Size +
Leighanne was the first one out. Brian had got her in the leg.

“I knew that was going to happen, and I am so going to have a bruise there tomorrow” she said and walked off.

The guys had cheered. Angel and I shook our heads.

As I moved to a new spot I heard someone shoot. It had just missed me. I knew it had to be AJ.

I’m sure he had it out for me just as much as I did for him.

I made a hand movement to let Angel know where one of the guys was. He tried quickly to move down behind a big crate, but wasn’t fast enough. Angel got him. It was her husband.

Nick got Stephanie out next. It was down to me, Angel, and Rochelle.

We huddled together quick to come up with a new plan.

I spotted Kevin moving around. I motioned for Rochelle to go to the stack of tires on the other end. Putting my plan into action I shot at Kevin so he would take off in the other direction.

Rochelle had her gun up and ready. Once she had a clear shot she went for it. She got him in the back shoulder.

It was our turn to cheer.

Now it was down to Brian, Nick, and AJ.

I decided it was time to go for AJ. We gathered again so I could let them know what we were going to do.
Carefully watching for AJ through a hole I saw Nicks blond hair peeking around a box. I looked to where he had his gun pointed. It was Angel.

To throw him off I shot at the box next to him. He ducked back behind it. I motioned for Angel to move.

Rochelle gave me the signal that she knew where AJ was. I carefully slithered my way over to her. He was crouched down Behind a stack of tires. I told Rochelle to shot at the right side of the tires, hoping AJ would take off to the left.

Rochelle fired and I saw AJ crawling over to a box. I started shooting.

“AHH, DAMN IT” we heard AJ scream.

I had shot him in the ass, twice.

Rochelle and I gave each other a high five.

“I know that was you Lay, I’m gonna get you back for that” AJ yelled as he walked off holding his butt.

“I changed my mind, I think you look better in yellow” I yelled back to him, referring to the fact that his behind was covered in yellow paint.

Brian managed to get Rochelle out next. She went to tend to her wounded husband.

“You girls give up yet?” Brian yelled

“Never” Angel yelled back dramatically. I liked her.

Angel and I devised a plan to get Brian next. We put our masks back down and did a fist bump.

We saw Brian jumping and rolling around like he was G.I. Joe or something. Brian did another roll and stood up. Angel and I took the shot at them same time. I got him in the side and she got him in the shoulder.

“It’s all up to you Nick, you better win this or I’m specially picking out your outfit” Brian yelled to Nick. I laughed.

Angel and I were on opposite ends. I motioned for her to get closer to me. As she was weaving her way through, I heard Nick shooting. I had ducked down. When I looked up
I saw Angel covered in Blue paint.

“What the hell Nick, I don’t think you needed to shoot me that many times” Angel yelled at her brother.

So this was it. It was down to Nick and me.

A couple minutes went by and neither one of us were moving.

“Hey Layla, how about we call a tie, and no one dresses up” Nick yelled.

“What the hell are you doing Nick?” Brian screamed at him.

“What are you scared Nick?” I yelled back.

“No just trying to be nice and save you from embarrassing yourself” Nick replied. I laughed.

I dove to another box as fast as I could. Nick tried to shoot but missed. Peeking around and I saw him moving to the smaller stack of tires. He was making this too easy for me.

“Ok Nick, I give up, let’s call it a tie” I yelled to him.

He stood up. I shot him in the stomach. He lurched over and fell to his knees.

I heard the girls screaming in excitement. Trying to look excited I kept watching Nick. I hope I didn’t hurt him.

Brian went to help him up but Nick waved him off.

The girls and I high fived each other.

“I am so calling Andre right now” Rochelle grabbed her phone and ran off to make the phone call.

Nick was returning his gun; I walked over to do the same.

“You ok?” I asked looking at the paint on his stomach.

“Yea” he laughed. I relaxed a little.

“You played a good game” he added.

“Thanks” I don’t know why but I felt like I was blushing.

After everyone returned their guns and suits, we all headed to the arcade to play some games and wind down.

I hung out with Angel in the arcade. We played a bunch of games together and talked a lot. It seemed like we had a lot in common. I also noticed that Nick seemed like a completely different person with her around.

It was around 4:30 when we decided to head out. After making plans for everyone to meet at Brian and Leighanne’s at 6, everyone went home to get kids settled with nannies and babysitters.

I was more than right when I thought this was going to be an interesting day, and it wasn’t even over. But I don’t think interesting was the right word for how the rest of the night went…
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading. let me know what you think!