- Text Size +
AJ and Kevin grabbed Nick first, looking extremely worried.

“Come on, we don’t have time to waste. She’s on her way here now.” AJ said, starting to take him to the doorway.

“What the fuck is going on? Who’s coming?” Nick demanded, pulling away from them.

Brian did not look at anyone, he just looked at the floor again. Now Nick knew why they were so protective over him, it was because he was a Healer. He felt upset because nobody seemed to care for his well being, they were only concerned for the fact he was the last Healer left. Brian felt Nick’s anger and confusion and it was like a flame burning out of control. His chest began to hurt but he tried to shake the pain off.

“Nick, please calm down…” Kevin pleaded, looking at his cousin. He and Brian knew that Nick’s anger would start to make Brian sick again if he kept carrying on like this. Brian was already looking pale.

“No! For once I want to have a say. Brian told me everything….you don’t care about my safety. You only want to use my powers.” Nick scoffed, pushing him away. Kevin glared at Brian.

“It’s not what you think-” AJ started, but Nick turned to Brian.

“You said they were keeping me safe because Sienna wants me, right? That I’m the last Healer and that was why we were hiding on that island?”

“I did say that.”

“How do I know they’re doing it to protect me and not just because they need me to heal people?”

Nick looked back at Kevin and AJ, his hand waving as if to say “Well?”

Brian stared at the floor, feeling dizzy but shook it off. The nausea in his stomach came and went as fast as he had felt it.

“Why can’t anyone fucking be honest around here-“

“God damn it, Nick….we have to get you both out of here! Her fucking ship is coming...HERE. If she finds us we are all going to be killed….she doesn’t care who gets her in the way, she wants you.” Kevin said urgently. He remembered the day his father died and he did not want to repeat it. He knew that AJ was in trouble for hiding them there on the Moon base. He and AJ exchanged looks, wondering how they’d convince Nick that this was legitimate and not a ploy to get him to listen to them.

They had to act fast because there was not much time. It was now or never.




“Commander, we are within reach of the Moon’s orbit. We are awaiting for your instructions.”

Sienna sat in the chair before the control panel, smiling with her hands folded in her lap.

“Proceed,”


When she had heard word of the Healer, initially her reaction was pure confusion. She thought that she had wiped out the last of them with her last attack on Earth all those years ago.

She also knew that the human had lied to her, the one called Jerald. He had told her the Healers were all dead when she had come to ask for help for her people. Her son was very ill, as were many of the citizens of her planet Motrale. They needed a miracle and the Healers were their only hope. So when she was told that there were no Healers, and found out that she was lied to...she launched an attack. If she couldn’t get help, nobody else could. She murdered all of them. Wiped their village clean. So she thought. Apparently one of them survived and was waiting for her as if he’d been put on a silver platter. Her source of information was very helpful on the Moon. However, even their usefulness was about to come to an end. The humans needed to be punished for hiding the Healer a second time.

Smiling still, Siennna looked out the window above the controls at the Moon looming ahead of them. It was time to take what was rightfully hers. Either that, or make them pay if they did not give her what she wanted.


“We aren’t going to be safe from her at all here, Kevin. There’s literally nowhere we could hide them.” AJ said after a few moments of thinking of a place on the Moon that was safe from Sienna. The awful truth was that none of them were safe as long kas she knew where they were.

“Alex…” someone called from the doorway. They talked for a few moments before AJ’s face paled.

“Are you sure, can’t someone else do the talking? I am in the middle of something here.” AJ said, dropping his voice to a whisper but the others could barely hear him.

“You’re the one that has to speak.”

AJ appeared to look very uncomfortable all of a sudden as everyone turned in his direction, staring at him. He coughed and nodded at the other man that had come into the room. Nick looked at Brian and Brian knew what Nick knew. Something was very off with AJ and they had to get away from him as fast as they could. Brian could feel the uneasiness that Nick felt and it was gnawing at his stomach.

“I’ll be right there.”


Kevin and Brian eyed AJ suspiciously, and he seemed nervous. As if he were hiding something.

“I got a bad feeling. We need to get out of here…” Nick said urgently to Brian.

“AJ, what’s going on? Who needs to speak to you?” Kevin asked, ignoring Nick.

“Nothing that I can’t handle. You go ahead and take them where we discussed, I need to take care of something. I’ll meet up with you.” AJ said, before rushing away.

“He’s hiding something.” Nick said, his eyes narrowed as he watched AJ leave the room. Kevin thought for a moment and suddenly realized….they were in danger. They were never safe here.

“We have to go.”

“But where are we going to go, Nick? AJ has our ship in the holding bay. Even if we could get out without him noticing, there’s no way.” Brian protested. Nick was starting to get anxious and so was he.

“Brian? Please just trust me for once. Let me get us out of here. I promise if you let me try, I can do this.” Nick whispered, looking him right in the eyes.

“We do not have time for this…”

“No, Kevin. he’s right..we have to let him try. He’s been right about everything so far. He’s been right about the food rations we found, about the moon and about AJ...we should probably trust his judgement.” Brian smiled. Nick smiled back and for the first time in many days he was happy. The happiness and calm washed away the anxiety and doubt.

Kevin opened his mouth to say something, but the whole room suddenly shook as if it were under attack. His heart sank because deep down he knew. Sienna was here. She was here and he’d gone back on their deal, he had lied to her like his father.


He didn’t want to find out what was going to happen next.