- Text Size +
Please take me home….


Please...




Startled by the faint sound of Brian’s voice in his ears, Nick finally realized he had been asleep for some time. He did not know how long he’d been asleep in the room on Sienna’s ship, but he finally felt the most rested he had in many days since they’d escaped this place. He’d not slept since before Kevin found him, after he and Brian had gotten the food rations and fuel from the abandoned space port. He could definitely feel himself thinking much clearer than before when they were on the Moon.


Nick...


Brian’s voice echoed in his head, giving him a headache as his stomach growled. He was definitely hungry. He guessed he had not eaten since they first arrived on the Moon. Nobody had been by the room since he was thrown inside, left there alone to think about everything and how lonely he was without Brian.


“I should have never left the ship in the first place. Then none of this would have happened.” he muttered to himself, punching the side of his mattress with his fist in anger. Letting the anger flow, he then tried to calm himself enough to try and reach Brian telepathically like before. Nick had never fully tried to use his power other than healing Brian back on the base. It was the first time he had even tried on his own, without anyone to coach him. He was scared and shaking from nerves. Finally, he closed his eyes and took a breath, trying to reach Brian by thinking what he wanted to say instead of speaking. Maybe he wasn’t just a Healer...he could have other powers he didn’t know about. Concentrating hard, he tried one more time.


Brian….where are you?



The thought came and left, his head aching once more. He felt sick to his stomach because he still did not remember anything about the past...anything about what their life was like before he woke from the coma. Bits and pieces had come back but he could not piece them together. Sitting upright on the soft sheets, Nick spotted a fresh set of clothes waiting for him so he decided to clean himself and change. Maybe a shower would make him feel better. He remembered when he woke from the coma taking a shower as well, but this time was different. As the hot water and steam washed over him, Nick thought of Brian and AJ….and Kevin. How Kevin had betrayed them and AJ sold them out. Was Brian going to be okay? What did Sienna do with him?


He just hoped his answer would come sooner rather than later and he could finally leave this place for good.





“Come on, AJ. We have to hurry….I think they’ve left the solar system already! I can’t find them on the long range radar.” Brian shouted urgently from the control room. AJ was doing his best to steer while Brian navigated, but the task at hand was becoming more and more difficult once they passed the asteroid belt.


“I can’t fucking get around this shit without hitting it, man! We were lucky enough to escape the atmosphere of the Moon without getting shot at and you want me to swerve around asteroids?” AJ scoffed. He looked at Brian, wondering why he wasn’t falling ill just yet. Last time it had happened so quickly but this time was different somehow.


“How are you feeling?” he asked suddenly, flipping switches on the control panel in front of him.


Brian made a face and was silent for a few moments as if he was wondering the same thing.


“Okay, as okay as I can be. I just want to get to him...that’s all.” he muttered.


AJ nodded and tried putting the ship to go faster but they were already at top speed and still falling behind Sienna’s ship. They were using thermal tracing to follow the ship’s fuel trail through the solar system. He already knew where she was headed, to Motrale but hoped that they could head her off somehow.


“So you knew Nick was a….a Healer this whole time?” he asked, to try and break the tension they were both feeling from stress. He could tell how stressed Brian was just by looking at him.


“Yes. Kevin told me everything. I mean, Nick and I grew up together. I don’t remember when he came into our lives but Kevin told me that he found him and his father told him to watch over us. Somehow, I don’t think this story is all the way true….I mean, why would Sienna be after him so badly? Do you know anything about it? You talked to him. You were friends with him.” Brian replied, scoffing.


AJ turned away from the controls and faced Brian with a long, deep sigh as if something was weighing on him.


“He did tell me a few things because we were often in communication. Kevin knows me because he helped us escape during one of Sienna’s attacks on Earth. He gave us the means to create our home here. He saved us. So of course I was helping him. He said that Nick was going to save all of us, that the two of you would end the war. So he hid you and didn’t give me your location….but she knew where you were. Sienna, like you…can read minds.”


“She can- what?” Brian asked in disbelief, but the more he thought about this it made sense. He thought about when Sienna had taken Nick from him, and how she knew he was afraid to be alone. She could read his mind without help. That was very dangerous, more dangerous then the fact she had Nick and was on her way to Motrale.


“She is a Empath like you are. She read my mind and Kevin’s. I didn’t actually tell her anything but she could...she could read my thoughts.”


“So that’s how she knew where we were. We were never safe on that island. She was just waiting for the right time to come and take him...we have to-“


It started suddenly, as if a switch inside his body was turned on. He felt dizzy, weak...flushed. He was starting to get sick.


“Brian?” AJ asked, looking on in concern. His skin was starting to go pale.


“We have to hurry and get to Motrale as fast as possible. I’m going to die if we don’t get Nick back.” Brian coughed. AJ nodded and tried to urge the ship to go faster, feeling panic set in because of the urgency of their situation. Brian was still okay for now but it was only going to get worse.


They were running out of time.