- Text Size +
**~Another Dilemma~**

A.J. inhales a fresh breeze that flutters through the sunny afternoon as Richard talks excitedly about how wonderful it is to finally understand animals. After listening to Richard talk for more than an hour non stop, A.J. finally released a growl.

"Well yeah little buddy why so angry?" Richard asks innocently, his hazel eyes open wide in confusion making A.J. even more upset that the man couldn't have been this dense.

"You sure have a lot to say, but how is that helping me out at all? I need you to help track down my friends. Please Richard, I'm think I'm getting fleas and having not take a proper bath, I feel nasty." A.J. grumbles, his soft furry paws scratching the side of his head.

"Oh well duh, Barry. You're all dirty cause you didn't stay still when I gave you a bath." Richard snorts and roughly pets A.J. on the head.

A.J. smirks and nods his head, "Yeah well. You're kinda rough when you bathe me."

"Sorry 'bout that, Barry."

"A.J." The small Jack Russell Terrier states.

"A.J. Barry, whatever." Richard whispers, shrugging his shoulders. "I'll help and check the files. Once I find the addresses of your little buddies, we'll pay them a visit. Ok?"

A.J. lets out a deep sigh and nods his head, "Yes. Great, thanks so much! I can't wait to be me again!"

"So ahhh… you said you were human before you changed to an animal. So whatcha look like?" Richard asks, bopping his head to an imaginary beat in his head.

"Oh well, I…" A.J. trails off as they walk pass a small music store with his group's picture on the store window. "There! There!" A.J. barks out as Richard surprised and turns his head towards the window.

"What?"

A.J. answers, "See that picture on the window?!"

"Oh yeah, what about it?"

"Do you know who they are?" A.J. asks loudly, his eyes lit up.

Richard snorts and nods his head, "Yeah little dude, my little niece is totally into them, I think their stuff is pretty cool. Backstreet right?"

"Yeah! See that guy crouched with the shades and dyed hair?" A.J. whispers loudly as walking pedestrians gave them a strange look.

"Oh yeah, he's the wild one right? I can't remember his name, J.K or D.J. or J.R…" Richard wonders out loud.

A.J. sighs, "That's A.J., A.J. as in me!"

Richard gulps and stands there confused letting the idea sink in him, "Ohhhhhhhh cool dude, you guys have the same name!"

A.J. gasps and drops his head, 'God help me before I give up on this guy.' "No Rich, that is me!"

"Oh wow. That's what you look like?" Richard states, "So you're telling me that you're that guy in the picture?"

"Yes!" A.J. quickly answers, afraid that Richard might lose his train of thought and forget.

"Wow, you're funny looking dude."

"Hey take that back. I think I look just fine." A.J. states grumbling as he can see through the corner of his eyes, Richard's smirk.

"Yeah, its ok. So this is what your buddies look like then? They're animals now?" Richard whispers out the information given to him.

A.J. nods his head and stares at Richard.

"Ok, cool. I never thought my dog would be famous. Man, imagine what my little niece would do to see you. Hey I'm gonna say hi to her, let's go see her and my sis k?" Richard states eagerly dragging A.J.'s leash along with A.J. "Come on little buddy you can move faster than that on stage."

A.J. grumbles as they walk down a few blocks to stand in front of a two story house, "Hey Rachael!" Richard yells out towards the front lawn. A.J. gulps and watches a blonde hair, tall lean woman peer out the front.

"Richie! Hey, came for visit? Oh, you have a dog, how cute." The beautiful woman states, running her fingers through A.J.'s colored fur, "It's a bit weird looking with the colors, isn't it?" The woman asks as Richard laughs and asks for little Suzie.

"Oh Suzie. She's inside, let me get her. She would love to see this dog, she loves animals, what's its name?" The woman asks, calling out for her child who was indoors.

"Bar uh J.J." Richard corrects himself as A.J. rolls and corrects him, "A.J., close enough." A.J. states as he watches a small figure come out the front entryway.

It seemed to him that time had slowed down as the little red streaked and blonde haired girl and runs out the door and down the stairs racing over to him. A.J. watches in horror as the little girl giggles out evilly and stretches out her long dirty fingers at him. When she smiled, the silver braces gleamed harshly in the sunlight. "Oh God, no!" A.J. screamed out in fear as the little girl roughly grabs him and squeezes his tightly to her chest. A.J. struggles to breathe as the woman and Richard laugh and say, "Oh how cute, they like each other!"

A.J. gasps and shakes his head as he tries to gurgle out that he was not enjoying this at all. But Richard and the woman walked away talking about their family and such leaving poor A.J. with the little girl. The girl releases A.J. and grabs his leash, pulling it roughly as A.J. cries out, "Please I wanna be me again!" He was dragged away as Richard and his sister laugh gleefully at the something. "Richard owes me big time for this now!" A.J. growls as he follows the little girl in trepidation.
~*~

Nick struggles out of the arms of the young man that held him close to him, Nick feels himself being picked up and stared directly into his new owner's face, Aaron's. The chocolate eyes stare back at Nick as Aaron chuckles. "Guess Nick wouldn't mind another pet. Though he isn't much for cats, I'm sure he'll like you."

Nick snorts and chuckles as he imagined what Aaron was gonna do. Out of all the people, it seemed he had to bump into none another than his own brother. At least he can see what his family was doing. "So buddy, what's your name?" Aaron asks, carrying Nick inside the small mansion like house, he shares with his brother. Aaron drops Nick onto the couch and smiles, walking towards the kitchen.

Nick paws at his collar and an idea race through his head, "Would Aaron get what's going on if he sees the tag? Only one way to find out." Nick whispers to himself as Aaron comes out the swinging door with a glass plate full of wet cat food. He places the plate on the floor and grabs Nick, pushing him towards the wet disaster that resembled food.

Nick growls and paws at the collar, backing away from Aaron. Aaron smirks and rolls his eyes, "Not hungry. That's alright, I'll leave it here for later. What's wrong? The collar bothering you?" Aaron whispers, creeping closer to Nick. Nick looks up and shakes his head lifting the golden plate with his name scrolled on it to show Aaron. Aaron leans down and stares at the ID, "Cute, you have the same name as my brother. I'm sure he'll want you to stay when ever he gets back."

Nick sighs, if only Aaron knew that his brother wasn't missing, but right here before him. This was going to be harder to inform Aaron if he didn't what was truly going on. Sighing, Nick feels Aaron whisper something and stands up: walking over to the kitchen swinging door, disappearing out of the room and out of Nick's view.
~*~

Howie lazily watches the rubber ball pass by him as Donna and Luke lay sprawled out, tries to get Howie off his feet and play. He's been a little out of it. He loved the kids and the family, but he longed to be himself again. He missed his family as well and the other guys as much as he had to admit to himself.

"Mom. Dino doesn't want to play. What's wrong with him? He looks sad." Luke states bouncing around, his auburn hair flopping around as he stares sadly at Howie.

Mrs. Meadow steps into the living room, smiling, "What's wrong with you kids? Poor Dino is tired, you had him running around all day. I think he'll feel better if you let him take a nap. Now, I need you guys to help me set the table, daddy's on his way home and we need to get ready to all have dinner."

"Can Dino join us next to the table?" Luke asks, batting his azure eyes at his mom.

Mrs. Meadow sighs and nods her head, "Fine, as long as he behaves and stays on the floor."

"Ok." Both kids response in unison as they scurry into the dining room.

Mrs. Meadow sighs and runs her fingers through Howie's dark brown fur. "Well Dino, I have to get ready. You're welcome to join us if you behave ok? You're such a good boy." She coos at Howie, petting him under his chin. Howie smiles and licks the woman's fingers, following her happily into the room. Still in the back of his head, as much as he loved the family's attention towards him, he missed being himself. He enters the room filled with the giggles of the children and smiles. He was lucky the No-Brand Heroes helped him out and he tried to enjoy the vacation that he never thought he would have.
~*~

Brian watches the small white and yellow striped cat sleeping peacefully in his cat bed and his heart fluttered, even as an animal she was beautiful. "Leighanne." Brian whispers gently towards her ears as the silence in the house seemed almost ironically deafening to him.

Leighanne gently moves her position in the cat bed and stretches out her white yellow striped paws. Opening her blue eyes, she spots a white striped cat before her. Leighanne gasps and stands up unaware of what she has become. She could have sworn she heard her husband's voice, but he was no where around here. "What is this house?" She hears herself and gasps, she looks down and sees the paws and tail that now seemed to be apart of her. "Oh God! I'm a animal? What is this? Some sick dream?" She shrieks out, hearing a whining meow escape her throat. She was surprised and confused, this couldn't be happening to her. She's human, not a cat. But why would she be here? She couldn't understand it.

"Honey, its me." She hears Brian's voice as she follows the source of the voice. Standing before her was a blue eyed medium size white and mixed colored cat with orange and yellow spots across his white fur. The same endearing blue eyes that made her fall in love with Brian remained in that cat.

"Oh Brian!" She cries out, staring at the cat. Brian laughs and leaps at her. Both cats nuzzle and rub their heads in the nook of the other. "What's going on?" She says exasperated.

Brian sighs and knew he had to explain and begins to tell her the entire story from beginning to end, for she needs to understand what was going on with them.
~*~

Kevin nuzzles besides the sleeping white and calico cat. He wanted to wake her up, but she seemed so peaceful and angelic resting that Kevin gave up trying to get her up. So he decided to do the next best thing. Be there when she wakes up, so he can tell her what was going on. He rests his head on her side, and throws his black paw over her side. He couldn't leave her again and he'll make sure of it this time around.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**