- Text Size +
Tada, here's the next chapter, please review, my writing partner and I think that no one is interested, please leave a review and put a smile on our faces! Thanks!


"Backstreet Tails"





~**Reunited~**

The door swings open and A.J. sighs, watching his owner Richard chuckle softly to himself. A.J. races out the small cotton dog bed that he slept in, wagging his colored tail happily at Richard. He hoped that some how he can change Richard's mind about the hair dye episode. See, Richard somehow had the idea that he can get rid of A.J.'s colored fur and decided to for the first time listen to some real advice from a woman at that. So now Richard, gleefully smiling, chuckles and carries A.J. towards the kitchen sink. A.J. struggles in the man's arm, he can't believe this is happening.

'He can't do this to me! Do you know how long it took me to get that hair color and this moron wants to wash it away. I can't let it happen. I'll never live it down from the guys.' A.J. thinks to himself as the cool water invaded his small furry body.

"Easy boy, this'll be easy Barry! All I got to do is put this stuff on your fur." Richard states, holding up a bottled hair solution that gets rids and washes away the dye in A.J.'s white and beige fur. A.J. begins whining as Richard squeezes the silky pink liquid into his palms, "Ok, little buddy. Are you ready to bye bye bye to that hair dye dude?"

A.J. groans and shakes his little head, 'Please tell me he didn't think that was funny. If he only knew who I really was.' A.J. snips at Richard as he tries to place the wet cold liquid onto the fur.

"Oh come on little dude, don't make this any harder on me. You know what the lady said." Richard states, scrubbing the pink solution onto A.J.'s fur. A.J. snips and bites, making it difficult for Richard to wash the dog. "Whoa easy there." Richard mutters, swiping his hand away from A.J.'s bites and snarls. "Wow, whoa. You really like this color on you don't ya?"

A.J. looks at the blonde man and barks as in to answer the question.

After minutes of struggles and twisting out of Richard's grasp, it seems that A.J. won the battle. "Fine ok, geez. You win Barry for now. I promise later to get rid of the rest of the colors. You made it too hard, the color barely came off. Anyways little dude, I just got this filer slipped under my door about a festival happening. Maybe you're interested? I think you need to cool off after that little fight we had in the sink. So what do you say Barry?"

A.J. cringes at the name as Richard snaps on the leash to the small multi-colored Jack Russell Terrier. They both head out the door and walk down a few blocks to where a festival was occurring that was being advertise on the flier that Richard was holding. Hopefully if Richard is distracted long enough, he might forget about the dye. Because it would be punishment for poor A.J. to lose his hair dye after he worked hard on achieving a certain color. They pass by a wooden gate and beyond the gate there were rides and food courts as a large mass of people were herded into the festival. Excitement bubbles in the air as the small happy screams of children on rides and the sweet smell of cotton candy lingers in the air. Richard laughs and walks A.J. into the park area of the festival. A.J. smiles and sniffs, there was a familiar smell that drifted pass his nose and he know who it belonged to.
~*~

Howie sighs as Donna and Luke giggle about something. Luke sticks his head out the car window and points to festival off the other side of the road. "Mom, dad! Look!! There's a amusement park thing. Let's go. I wanna go on a ride!"

Mrs. Meadow sighs and turns her head around to look at the back seat of the car where the children are. "Luke stick your head back in the car. You want me to have a heart attack? I don't think it's a good idea to head to the festival, Your father and I aren't sure if it'll be wise."

Donna bats her sapphire orbs at her mom as she too begs to go to the festival, "Pleaseeeeeeee!! I want to go too! I want to get on the motorcycle ride!"

"Yeah, I want to get on the car ride! Let's go please!" Luke states, both children skilled at persuasion after many years of practice on their parents, let out another yell.

Howie chuckles softly to himself as the parents seem to have given up and agree on taking the children there.

Mr. Meadow grumbles and gives his wife a look, "Honey they'll keep it up all night, if we don't go. What do you say? Let's take one for the team."

His wife mutters and waves her hands, "Fine, fine go ahead. Anything to shut them up now."

Both children screamed happily and yells out a huge thanks as Mrs. Meadow feels the small hands of her children squeeze her shoulder and arm.

Mr. Meadow laughs and turns the steering wheel back around to head down the other side of the highway, where the entrance of the festival awaits them.
~*~

Ruth giggles and places away her mobile phone as she and Gina continue talking about the latest gossip they heard on celebrities.

"Oh you know what I heard about the Backstreet Boys?" Gina asks, whispering to Ruth who was carrying Nick in the small metal cage.

Nick's white furry ears point up at the sound of his group's name being called out, as he listens intensely to the conversation the girls were having. Nick laughs at the foolish news that the media manages to plaster in the newspaper as the girls discuss how they didn't believe it was true that Nick was dating Britney. Nick laughs at the idea of such a thing and shakes his head, news was so bad, media needed a boast by coming up with a lie about Nick's dating life.

Ruth stops as the sound of a festival nearby and smiles, "Hey Gina when was the last time you went to one of these things?"

"Oh man, its been ages girl! Ohhh, we gotta go!" Giggles Gina, her light eyes beaming with joy and she tugs on Ruth's arm to hurry her up. Both young women laugh and race into the open gate where the food courts and rides are scattered throughout the grassy park.

Nick smiles and watches the laughing women as they enter the crowded park.
~*~

Linda settles back in the back seat of the minivan as her parents drive down a busy highway.

"Linda honey, how's the cat doing?" her mom asks gently, poking her fingers into Kevin's cage.

Kevin jumps at the sight of the protruding finger and snakes his way back to the edge to the cage.

"Mom, stop that. Don't do that. You scared Midnight." Linda whispers, giggling as her mom makes a face.

"Ok fine." And her mother faces the front of her passenger side seat, staring out the window.

Linda's father grins and pulls the car out the highway and down a deserted street, "I thought that maybe since this festival is coming here, that I'll treat all of us and Midnight here to some fun at the festival. What do you think, Midnight?"

Kevin grumbles, that was the last place he needed to be. Loud kids, sounds and dogs running around. That wasn't his best option for fun, but what could he do? Kevin sighs and curls into a ball as Linda frowns, "Dad, I don't think Midnight is up for it. But I really do want to go there. I heard some of my friends were gonna perform at the talent show there."

Linda's mom smiles and nods her head, "Oh good, then I'm sure Midnight would enjoy it too, now wouldn't you, you big kitty?" She cooed at Kevin.

Kevin annoyed with the situation, grumbles and rolls his eyes. As long as he stays in the cage, it'll be fine with him. He just could think of the little children that would probably want to touch him when they see him. Even as an animal that is one problem that still remained.

The car pulls up in the driveway as the family exits the vehicle. Kevin sighs and takes a deep breathe. It was gonna be a long day and he was right about it.
~*~

Mr. Ellard quickly parks the family car as they all scramble out the vehicle. Marcus and Grant step out the car with a broad smile on their faces. Their father worked with the company that constructed the festival that is occurring at the moment and he was called in. So in a surprise, the sons had a chance to enjoy the festival while their father went to help out whatever was needed since he called in.

Marcus and Grant chat when suddenly Grant stops in mid sentence to see Linda and her family entering the amusement park too.

Marcus makes kissing noises as Grant walks over to Linda to say hi. Brian, awaken by the sudden loud noises that pulsated through his sensitive ears, glances around to see Kevin. He thought he was dreaming, but sure enough it was his cousin and he couldn't be any happier at the moment. Now all he needed was to find the rest of the guys and things will look better.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**