- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey y'all! I've had this fic in mind for quite some time now, I just didn't know how to start it. I hope y'all enjoy the first chapter, though it's a bit short. And note, it may be a while before chapter two gets posted - I haven't figured out how to write it yet. But, I wanted to get chapter one up, so I woulfn't forget about the fic. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. Kevin & Kristin Richardson, as well as any BSB members mentioned, own themselves. The song is Song For Dad by Keith Urban. Thank-you.
Lately I've been noticing
I say the same things he used to say
And I even find myself acting the very same way
I tap my fingers on the table
To the rhythm of my soul
And I jingle the car keys
When I'm ready to go
When I look in the mirror
He's right there in my eyes
Starin' back at me and I realize

Kevin Richardson stood in the front entrance of his home in Hollywood Hills, California. He was living there this month, as the Boys had concerts and awards shows to do there and it was easier than flying from Kentucky to California every day.

He was waiting on Kristin, his wife, to come downstairs. They were on their way out to a movie premiere - War Of The Worlds, starring Tom Cruise. And so far, they were running a bit late.

"Kris! Hurry up!" Kevin called up the stairs, from his spot in the front hallway.

"Hold on!" Kristin called back. "I'm fixing my hair!"

Kevin rolled his eyes, as he tapped his fingers upon the table that was under the mirror in the hall. He was growing impatient, though he tried not to be. He just hated to be late for anything - including movie premieres.

His mind began to wander, to everything he had to do this month. Sound checks, concerts, music awards, charity events, and a few other things as well. He sighed a few minutes later though when he realized they were more behind schedule than he'd originally thought.

"Kris! C'mon!" Kevin yelled. "We're gonna be late!"

"Kevin Scott, give me a moment to grab my purse," Kristin stated, coming downstairs finally, and heading into the kitchen to fetch her purse.

Kevin jingled his keys, anxious to get going. "I'm waiting, I'm waiting."

"Well, you're not doing a very good job of it, now are you?" Kristin teased. "You know I'm a lady, and ladies need time to prepare themselves for an outing."

Kevin shook his head, smiling some. "Yeah, yeah. I know, I know. And may I say, you look mighty lovely, Kris."

Kristin smirked. "You're just trying to butter me up."

"Is it working?" Kevin asked, wriggling his bushy eyebrows.

Kristin laughed. "Maybe. Just maybe."

Kevin chuckled, as he waited for her to get her shoes and jacket on. It was during this time that he glanced in the mirror, and had to do a double take. Had he just seen an image of his father in his reflection? He looked closer, and realized it was himself he'd seen.

"Wow," he thought to himself. "I look like Dad."

He smiled wistfully, as he thought about how he'd some of his father's habits - tapping his fingers on tables, jingling his car keys, and being on time - all the time, if possible.

"Kev?" Kristin said softly. "You okay?"

Kevin shook himself out of his daze, and flashed her an award winning smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he replied, taking hold of her hand and bringing her close for a kiss. "Go on out and start the car, I'll lock up here."

Kristin nodded, smiling, and hurried on out to get the car going.

Kevin glanced in the mirror once more, shaking his head, unable to believe just how much he looked like his father.

"Well, I'll be damned," he thought. "And everybody says I look more like Mom."

He chuckled to himself, as he locked up and headed on out to the car. Once strapped safely inside, he drove off to the movie premiere, his lovely bride at his side.