- Text Size +
The loud, continuous buzzing of the alarm startled Ashley out of her peaceful slumber. As soon as she was able to comprehend what the annoying sound was she rolled out of bed hurriedly and slid on her slippers for the second time that night. Not caring that she was still in her mid-driff and green flannel pants. She shot a look over to Dee's bed making sure she was awake as well. Nobody was there.

"Dee!?!" Ashley called, the panic was obvious in her voice, "DEE!?!?!"

Ashley paced around the room trying to figure out where Dee could be. Then she heard a man running down the hall saying something that made her heart feel like it would stop.

"A young boy and girl was attacked!" The frantic man yelled.

Ashley ran out of her room being pushed and shoved in every direction imaginable. She struggled through the people running out their rooms and towards the stairs until the last man to push her made her fall to the ground. Everyone was in such a frenzy and panic that they didn't hear her cries for help. Finally, she was pulled to her feet by someone and he held her close while pushing through everyone until they both made it to the bottom of the stairs. Ashley whipped her head around, setting her eyes on her helper for the first time. Those green eyes pierced through her and she started to cry. Ashley tried to make herself stop but it was no use. She wrapped her arms around him and cried, he just held her close. He played with her long brown hair and rubbed her back.

"Dee is gone, where is she!?!" Ashley asked, and just as the words left the tip of her tongue she turned around and saw a crowd of people gathered around what looked to be two nurses. Ashley immediately pushed her way through, not caring if she was annoying people. Kevin tried to stop her but it was too late she already saw the nurses lifting the two bodies who appeared to be barely alive on stretchers. They were both covered in blood.

"DEE!" Ashley screamed, sinking to the floor.

Kevin ran to pick her up and pulled her back to where the others were waiting.

"Ashley, are you okay?" AJ asked, embracing her in a hug.

"Is she okay? Is he okay?" She asked, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"She'll be just fine, they both will. They're just knocked out from exhaustion. We can see them as soon as the nurses are done looking at them. In the mean time i'm going to get on the phone with the airport and book us an immediate flight back home. Then when they wake up i'm gonna find out why Dee left her room this late", he said, pulling away from her and wiping away a few of her tears. Ashley smiled faintly then returned to the others. She saw Paris looked scared and nervous. She gave her a tight hug and consoled her the best she could when in reality Ashley was just as scared.

"Excuse me! Can I have all of your attention?" Denny said, clearing his throat, "Unfortunately none of you will be able to leave any time soon. There is a huge rain storm heading our way and they believe it will be a bad one. Lots of flooding and other kinds of damage. Therefore, all flights have been cancelled whether they were coming or going. Sorry for the inconvenience. Our security guards are all over the resort. No need to worry unless we tell you too", with that Denny walked into his office shutting the door. AJ had slammed his cell phone shut after the fifth attempt of using it. But the line was dead. He strutted towards Denny's office and pounded on the door.

"I just wanna go home", Ashley whispered.

"Why don't we go outside for some fresh air", Kevin offered gently. Ashley nodded in aggreement and they walked outside towards the pool not knowing this was where Nick and Dee were attacked. Kevin sat down on a chair and pulled Ashley onto his lap. For the first time that night she giggled.

"Kev?"

"Yeah?"

"What do you think attacked them?" Ashley asked.

"I don't know..you don't think it was..do you?"

"No, not a ghost! I told you that stuff is just ridiculous! But if it was an actual person I don't feel right being alone in my room for the rest of the night", Ashley admitted.

"I'll stay with you if you want", he yawned, "Damn, 3:30 already?" He said looking down at his digital wrist watch.

"Yeah", Ashley shivered. Kevin pushed her gently to lay against him and he wrapped his arms around her.

AJ went back towards the group of his friends with anger written all over his face. After looking around a little bit he realized Ashley was missing.

"Where's Ashley?" He asked nervously.

"I don't know, she was talking to Kevin right here, no more than ten minutes ago", Howie said.

"Sh!t", he muttered. AJ ran around the hotel like a chicken without a head looking everywhere for her. He was scared to death that she too was hurt.

"It's pretty chilly out here, wanna go inside?" Kevin asked.

"Yeah."

Ashley got up off Kevin's lap and stretched her arms out. As Kevin stood up he placed his hands on her small waist and lifted her chin to face him.

"You're okay, right?"

"Honestly Kev, no i'm not. I got so scared when I didn't see Dee sleeping then I heard what that guy said and I freaked out. I'm so scared, what if she..", he interrupted her.

"Don't say that", he placed his hands on her small waist, "She and Nick will be fine." Without giving it a thought he leaned in and kissed her. They both knew it was too soon but they didn't care. After a few minutes they pulled away, smiling.

"Do you..umm..wanna go back?" Kevin smiled and nodded. He wrapped his arm around her waist and they walked back to where they had left the rest of the group.

"ASHLEY!!!" AJ spat angrily, "Where the fcuk were you!?!"

"I was by the pool with Kevin..", she said softly.

"The pool!?!?! Have you lost your fcukin mind!? That's where Dee and Nick were attacked by only God knows what!" His voice was thick with anger.

"I'm..sorry..I didn't know", she said softly looking down.

AJ walked towards her and pointed his finger at her, "No. You just were thinking! I can't believe there is some freak out on the loose and you're going for a stroll with him!?! Totally forgetting what we talked about talked about earlier, right!?!?!"

"I.."

"AJ, leave her alone!" Kevin said, sternly.

"No! Not to mention you're half naked! You really disappointed me!" He said angrily, still pointing his finger stiffly at her.

Ashley for the first time since he started yelling she looked him in the eye, Kevin went to say something but Ashley silenced him by just pushing him gently away.

"YOU LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE ALEX! I'M SORRY THAT DEE AND I DON'T DRESS TO THE AMISH CODE, I'M SORRY THAT WE WEAR CLOTHES THAT ARE IN NOW, I'M SORRY WE FLIRT, I'M SORRY WE ANNOY AND I'M SORRY THAT WE PISS YOU OFF!" Ashley spat in a whisper that was forced. But soon her expression softened and tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm sorry that I worried you and I am truly, deeply sorry for disappointing you. Believe me if I knew you'd say that I would have never left without telling you. I hate disappointing you. But I am not sorry for having feelings for Kevin. He's a good guy and you have to look beyond this protective bull..we appreciate that you care and worry about us. Its fine to protect us, but you've got to know when to let us breathe. Good night!", her tone had softened. She turned and ran up the stairs to her room, slamming the door shut behind her.

Ashley curled up in her bed and cried. Letting the fear of possibly losing Dee and the feeling of failure that she disappointed AJ go in tears. She cried for at leat 15 minutes straight. Once finally gain some of her composure she rolled out of bed and walked into the bathroom. She looked down and let the faucet run. She splashed water on her face and once she dried her face she saw a message on the mirror that made her face drop, her eyes widen, and her the mouth went dry. She was paralyzr by fear as she read the message that was written in blood. It dripped down the mirror slowly.

"Now do you believe..Ashley?"

Ashley stood there, unable to move until finally she felt like she could breathe again and let out a high pitched scream.

"That was Ashley!" Kevin said. He sprinted up the steps followed closely by AJ and the others. They pushed the door open and saw Ashley backing out of the bathroom with her hand tightly clasped over her mouth.

"Ash..what happened?" AJ asked, she said nothing. She just pointed towards the bathroom. AJ and the others walked into the bathroom. Their faces went pale as they read the blood written message. Neither of them could figure out what was scarier. Was it the fact that whoever wrote it new Ashley's name? Or who's blood is was written in?