- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
this is another idea i am using for the luna contest
Luna settled herself down on the thestral. She watched dreamily as the others struggled to get on. Harry and Neville who could see the thestral's were not having a problem, being seated on them as she was.

"It really is easy." Luna said getting off her own and leading Ron, Hermione and Ginny to the others and carefully one by one got them on to them.

She climbed back onto her own thestral and sat dreamily as Harry got them all ready. They kicked off and were soon flying over London. She clutched onto her thestral's hairy neck as it soared through the sky.

The ground flew below them in a blur of colors. Luna hummed to herself waiting for the ride to come to an end. Soon they landed and Luna slid gracefully off her thestral. She followed as Harry ran up to the front of the department shouting about a rescue mission.

"Well, where do we go from her?" She asked her voice was quite polite as if they were on an ordinary trip.

"This way." Harry instructed.

She followed the others into a telephone booth. She was quite squished having all of them around her. As they got their badges, they stuck them on and entered. Luna's mouth dropped open slightly as she looked around with a dazed expression.

The group went through a door only to be faced with a dozen more doors. Luna wondered how in the world were they going to find what Harry needed.

She followed the others through one of the doors looking around curiously.

"Oh look! Aquavirius maggots!" Luna exclaimed excitedly. "My dad was talking about the Ministry breeding them!"

"Er, I believe those are brains." Hermione said as her face paled.

Luna wondered why on earth would the Ministry be breeding brains but she kept her mouth shut.

They left the room with Hermione leaving a flaming X on the door then the doors began to spin wildly before stopping. They entered a new room where there was a strange veil floating softy in the breeze of the room. Luna listened to the voices and noticed that Harry was hearing them too.

She almost had to laugh to herself and Harry seemed to be going mad asking the others if they were talking.

"Oh, I can hear them too." Luna breathed standing next to Harry. "There are people in there."

She stood back looking around as Hermione argued that there couldn't possibly be people behind the veil.

The group took off again and entered a room with many rows of shelves. Luna looked around as Harry took off running screaming for Sirius.

They got to the row where Harry was certain Sirius had been in the dream. She gasped as Ron pointed out the glass sphere that had Harry's name on it. She shuddered to herself. They held their wands ready as Harry searched more for Sirius.

Luna had an uneasy feeling as was about to tell Harry when something caught the corner of her eye.

She turned to tell Harry and the others when a cold voice rang out. The group whirled around. Luna's eyes grew round as they all came face to face with a bunch of death eaters.

She couldn't let her fear show. She watched as Harry bravely faced Malfoy and the others. Time seemed to go by so slowly. She felt a step on her foot and looked out of the corner of her eye.

She knew what she had to do. Waiting for the right moment with the others, she screamed out the spell and took off running as fast as her legs could carry her. She could hear the death eaters hot on their heels.

"Hurry!" She called frantically.

She, Ron and Ginny ran into a room. It seemed to be as if they were in outer space. The room was dark and filled with planets. Luna heard a death eater shout out a spell, she screamed as it hit Ron and he began laughing.

She called spells over her shoulder along with Ginny, the two of them dragging Ron. It was a lot of hard work for both of them. One of the death eaters lunged forward grabbing Ginny by the foot.

"Luna help me!" Ginny cried helplessly.

Luna tried to drag him off but it wasn't working. There was a sickening crack and a loud cry from Ginny. Luna grabbed her wand and yelled out the Reductor Curse and blew up Pluto in the face of the death eater who was holding onto Ginny. She quickly pushed Ron and Ginny through the door.

Luna was able to find Harry and Neville. She explained to him what had happened. They went off again, Stunning Spells being shot across the room. Harry went to try to help Neville with Hermione who had been hit with a curse that knocked her out.

Luna began to help Neville to bewitch the doors when suddenly a spell hit her. She let out a scream as her body went flying through the air.

Her body hurdled through the air, hit a desk and slid over its surface before she fell onto the floor next to Hermione's body. Everything went black and Luna lay still as a mini war erupted around them.