- Text Size +

 

“So…Ash…Whatcha think of that Clay guy who came into work today?” Alexia asked, as they walked along together, headed for home.

 

“What about him?” Ashlynn asked. “He seemed nice enough.”

 

“NICE?” Alexia repeated. “Okay, you, like, DROOLED over him! And yet, all you can say is ‘He’s NICE’?”

 

Ashlynn blushed slightly. “Okay… So he was kind of cute…”

 

Alexia snickered. “Kind of? C’mon Ash! Just admit you’ve a crush on the guy. It’ll be easier in the end.”

 

“Okay, fine!” Ashlynn said. “I’ve a slight crush on him.”

 

“Slight crush?” Alexia said, raising her eyebrows.

 

“ALRIGHT!” Ashlynn said a bit loud. “A HUGE CRUSH! OKAY?”

 

Much better!” Alexia declared, then slung her arm over her sister’s shoulders. “Now, did the hottie say if he’d be back tomorrow? I kind of missed half the conversation ‘cause Kevin decided to call.”

 

“Can’t you just wait and see?” Ashlynn asked.

 

“No. If he is, make-over time!” Alexia cried.

 

“Okay, for one, you hate everything to do with make-up and fashion,” Ashlynn began. “Secondly, Momma and Daddy would get suspicious. And lastly, I think not!”

 

Alexia laughed. “Ash, no one said Momma and Daddy had to know. Also, we can do it at work. Daddy’s not due to visit for another day or so. And if he does come earlier than expected, just say I was experimenting.”

 

“Xia, you know Daddy will have your hide if we tell him that. You know his rules about experimenting before or during work,” Ashlynn reminded her.

 

“Yeah, and I also know not to take Kevin’s calls during work too, but do,” Alexia pointed out. “So, your point would be what?”

 

Ashlynn groaned. “I don’t know anymore. You made me lose my train of thought.”

 

“Good. That’s what I’m here for, Mrs. Carter,” Alexia smiled.

 

Ashlynn rolled her eyes. “As always, right Mrs. McLean?”

 

“Hell yeah!” Alexia exclaimed, as they reached their house – well, mansion.

 

“Uh-oh…I think one of us may be in trouble… Ashlynn said, eyeing their huge fenced in yard.

 

“Why?” Alexia asked, then looked into the yard.

 

“Daddy’s home early. His car’s in the drive-way,” Ashlynn explained.

 

“Oh, shit!” Alexia cursed. She looked at her sister, grabbing hold of both her shoulders. “They ask, I was camping out in your room last night, alright?”

 

“What? Why? What’s going on?” Ashlynn queried. “What did you do?”

 

“Ash! Just tell me you’ll say that!” Alexia snapped. “And if they say they checked your room too, and I wasn’t there, then I was out in the stables with Trigger!”

 

“But – “ Ashlynn tried.

 

“Say it!” Alexia ordered.

 

“Yes. Alright. I’ll tell them what you want,” Ashlynn said finally. “But anymore questions after that, and you’re on your own. I don’t know a thing.”

 

“Good. ‘Cause you don’t know a thing of what went on,” Alexia stated. “Now, act normal, or I swear I’ll kick your ass.”

 

“Yeah, and Kevin’s gonna kick yours,” Ashlynn retorted with a smile. “And I’ve a feeling if anyone finds out what went on with you last night, they’ll all kick your ass.”

 

“Damn straight!” Alexia replied. “Now, shut-up about it. Talk about something else. Anything else!”

 

“Can’t believe Daddy won’t let either of us go on tour with Kevin, because of you!” Ashlynn complained.

 

Alexia smiled quickly, then looked serious. “I know! It’s not my fault the stupid gym teacher is a dumb ass!” Technically, neither of them were allowed to swear, but Alexia was well-known for getting in trouble for her filthy mouth – the result of hanging around A.J. too much.

 

The two of them entered the house, only to be met by a very angry looking father. “Living room! Now!” He barked. “Both of you!”

 

The girls went wide-eyed, then scurried into the living room. They were surprised to see everyone, minus Kevin, there waiting on them. There were also a few other people in the room as well, and none of them looked too happy.

 

“Now that you two have decided us to grace us with your presence,” their father began. “Which one of you was sneaking around last night? I’ve been informed one of you was out late with a bunch of hooligans.”

 

Both girls looked at him with the same puzzled expression upon their faces. The only difference between them was that Alexia was wearing her glasses, and Ashlynn her contacts. “What do you mean, Daddy?”

 

“These kind people here, have informed me that at least one of you was out last night causing mischief,” their father stated.

 

“Not us Daddy,” they replied in unison.

 

John eyed his twin daughters suspiciously. “Ashlynn, where were you last night?”

 

“Asleep in my room, Daddy,” Ashlynn answered honestly. “I was studying my algebra with Alexia, and fell asleep on top of my bed.”

 

John’s gaze immediately shifted to Alexia. “And where were you all night?”

 

“I was studying algebra with Ashlynn,” Alexia lied. “Then fell asleep too.”

 

“If you were both sleeping in Ashlynn’s room, then how come when I checked later on, only one of you was in there?” John demanded.

 

“I must’ve already gone out to the stables,” Alexia answered. “I went out to visit Trigger. I woke up and couldn’t get back to sleep.”

 

“She was Daddy!” Ashlynn added. “She left me a note. I woke up to go to the bathroom and found it.”

 

“I would like very much to see this note. Go get it!” John ordered. When he saw both girls move, he put a stop to it. “Ashlynn! You get it! Alexia! Stay put!”

 

Alexia froze, and Ashlynn ran upstairs to get the note, trying to figure out what to do now on the way up.

 

John glared at his eldest daughter. “And just why were you going to go up and get it with her?”

 

“You didn’t specify who was to get the note, Daddy,” Alexia responded. “That’s why we both moved at once. We didn’t know who you wanted to go get it.”

 

“Mm hmm… Sure…” John nodded.

 

Meanwhile, Ashlynn was up in her room, frantically searching for a piece of paper, when she spotted a note lying on her desk atop her algebra book. She picked it up and read it.

 

 

Gone to stables, to be with Trigger. Missing Kevin. Be back later. ~Alexia~

 

 

Ashlynn smiled to herself, when she realized that her sister had probably thought ahead, and written this in case of an emergency. It was times like now, when the girls knew each other a little too well. She clutched the note, and ran back downstairs to the living room. “Here Daddy!”

 

John took the note from his youngest daughter, read it, then eyed both girls carefully. “Be very glad that you were both home last night I will not stand to have any child of mine off causing trouble with a bunch of uncivilized hooligans!”

 

“Yes, Daddy,” both girls chirped.

 

“Now, be off with you!” John barked. “And no getting into mischief!”

 

“We won’t Daddy!” They called, as they ran out to the stables to feed their horses. Once they were both safe from earshot in the stables, and had dismissed the workers, they burst out laughing.

 

“I can’t believe there was actually a note!” Ashlynn exclaimed. “I thought I was gonna die when Daddy told me to go get it!”

 

“Yeah, well, I thought ahead this time,” Alexia laughed. “But the look on his face when he saw the note was priceless!”

 

The two girls giggled again, then went to their respective horses to feed and brush them. Each member of the family had their own horse. Ashlynn had a white mare, and Alexia had a brown horse, which resembled Kevin’s horse, Trigger. Trigger was a brown horse, with white down the front of his nose. Alexia’s horse was the same, but had a white diamond on its forehead, instead of a white streak down it’s nose. She had also named him Diamonté, after watching too much Zorro. Ashlynn had named her horse Snowbunny, as it was white like snow, and she’d watch too much Little House On The Prairie. The girls didn’t see their oldest brother enter the stables, as they laughed and took care of their horses.

 

Alexia had just finished giving Trigger, Kevin’s horse, a sugar cube, when she heard someone clear their throat. She turned and was surprised to see their brother standing there, looking anything but happy. “Um…hey Jerald,” she said softly. “What’s up?”

 

Jerald Jr., who was named after their mother’s first husband, eyed both of them warily. ”We need to talk. Now,” he stated, then ushered them into an empty stall, where he closed and locked the gate behind him.

 

“What’s wrong? “Ashlynn asked, not too sure what to make of their brother’s strange behavior.

 

“What’s wrong, is that I know the two of you lied to Dad,” Jerald snapped. “I know for a fact that Alexia wasn’t out here, nor was she in your room Ashlynn.”

 

“What are you talking about Jerald?” Alexia asked. “You saw the note. I was where I said I was.”

 

“NO YOU WEREN’T!” Jerald said as loud as he dared. “I was out here in the stable most the night, and saw you sneaking back in later on!”

 

Alexia paled at those words. She knew they were in trouble now – well, she was anyway.

 

“Do you not think first?” Jerald yelled somewhat. “Here I am trying to convince Dad to let you guys go with Kevin, despite your grades, Alexia! And meanwhile, you’re sneaking around causing mischief and doing things you know are wrong, and that everyone in the family, Kevin included, would disapprove of!”

 

“I – I’m sorry,” Alexia managed sheepishly. “I – I didn’t know.”

 

“Well, you do now!” Jerald growled. He paced in front of them angrily. “Now, Dad may have let you two get away with this, but I will not! If I am to continue to try and convince him to let you guys tour with the Boys, you both will have to be punished by me right now.”

 

“But I didn’t – “ Ashlynn tried to protest, but stopped when she saw him glare at her.

 

“Yes, Ashlynn, you did do something,” Jerald said calmly. “You helped Alexia lie – Again. That’s why you both must be punished, and not just her.”

 

“You’re not our father, Jerald!” Alexia growled.

 

“Oh, would you rather Dad did it? ‘Cause if so, I’ll be glad to inform him that you lied, so that you both won’t stand a chance of seeing the guys until sometime next year!” Jerald retorted.

 

Alexia cursed, and kicked the side of the stall angrily. “Dammit! I can’t win!”

 

“Now, who would like to go first?” Jerald asked.

 

“Me…” Ashlynn squeaked. She slowly made her way over to their brother, knowing what was to come. She also knew she hadn’t had to help her sister out, but had anyway. She winced as she felt her brother’s hand came in contact with her bottom, and felt her eyes well up with tears, when it came in contact with it a second time.

 

Jerald turned Ashlynn to face him, after having had smacked her bottom twice, and wiped the tears from her eyes. “Hey, you’re not even the one I’m really mad you. You got off easy, believe me.” He kissed her head, then let her out of the stall, before turning upon Alexia, who had backed herself into the one far corner. He shook his head and made his way over to her. “You know the routine,” he said.

 

Alexia gulped and nodded slightly, then took her pants down and turned around, so that he could spank her. She felt like such an idiot when she began to cry, as she hated for people to see her cry.

 

After swatting his sister’s bottom a few times, Jerald hugged her too, once she’d yanked her pants back up. “Honey, you know I’m only looking out for you. And you know Dad would have beaten your ass a whole lot harder than I just did, if he knew the truth. Hell, Kevin would beat your ass a whole lot harder than I just did.”

 

“I know…” Alexia whimpered, burying her face into his chest. “Please make Daddy let us go with Kevin…Please…”

 

“I’m doing the best I can, Honey,” Jerald said, rubbing her back and kissing her head. “Just stay out of trouble, or I’m not going to help you anymore. Okay?”

 

“Kay…” Alexia whispered. “Thanks…”

 

Jerald smiled at her. “You’re welcome. Now go finish brushing Trigger, before I call Kev up and tell him his horse is being neglected.”

Alexia giggled, kissed his cheek, then quickly returned to brushing Trigger.