- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter Ten is up! Happy Reading! Please R/R!
Quietly, Aaron pulled the car up to the curb and parked it. They looked over at the crime scene some 50 ft away from where they were sitting.

" From what I see, there is a lot of people over there. The FBI, city police, and even the CSI investigators." Frankie whispered, his eyes wondering over the scene.

" No shit, Muniz. She was murdered, just like we were and it's our job to find out who's behind this massive celeb killing spree. Come on, we got a job to do." They got dressed in their black shirts and pants and put their black caps on. They got out and began to walk slowly and quietly to the crime scene. They snuck behind bushes and tress, ran behind houses, and ducked behind more bushes and trees until they got to the Browns’ home. They crouched by an air conditioner and remained as quiet as they could. Frankie took a short breath and then poked his head around the corner.

" This is bad, man." Frankie said, eyes wide. He pulled himself back, and rested his head against the side of the house.

" How many people here you think?" Aaron asked. Frankie quickly took another glance.

" I don't know. Ten….maybe fifteen people at least. It's going to be really hard to get into the house without getting caught. And I don't want to risk blinking in. Might end up in front of someone, then getting banged over the head with a frying pan." Aaron shook his head and adjusted his hat.

" Man, when all this is over, I'm making waffles." Aaron said, with a slight grin. Frankie sighed, feeling his body relax.

"Mmm.....waffles. That sounds good right now." The boys then stood up and looked around the corner. They were silent for awhile; until Frankie got an idea. He reached behind him, and grabbed Aaron’s arm, never taking his eyes off the investigators. Frankie didn’t want to risk turning his back to them, fearing they may turn around and see them at any moment.

" I have a plan." He started.

" Oh God no..." Aaron whined. Frankie narrowed his eyes and turned his head slightly to the left, so he could see Aaron at the corner of his eye.
"What??"

" I'm sorry Frankie, it's just that your plans just never work."

"Uh yeah, that‘s true but neither do yours. This time is different, because now I have…. you."

"Say what?" Aaron frowned and looked down at him. Frankie turned around grabbing Aaron by the arms and pushing him back beside the house, out of sight.

"Alicia!" Frankie said in a hush whisper.

“Alicia?" Aaron said, raising an eyebrow.

" Yes, Alicia. If Alicia can revive Kaci, maybe we can ask who fucking killed her."

Aaron stared at him and started to laugh, blinking his eyes a few times, "Excuse me?"

" Look, I'll go in the house and look around and try to find some clues. You sneak into the Coroners Van and get Kaci." He walked past him and headed to the back door.

" What?? Wait, why do I have to get Kaci?" Aaron asked, grabbing his arm; stopping him.

" Because you can shape shift and possess. I can't." Frankie told him, pulling his arm back and taking a few steps back.

" Possess? I can possess people?"

" Yeah, it's combination to shape shifting. It's kind of like a part of it."

" But, I haven't experienced how to possess yet. How do I know how to use it?" Aaron asked, feeling the panic coming on.

Frankie shrugged, "I don’t know. You’ll figure it out. Just don’t let your blondness get in the way of your job.” Frankie turned and disappeared behind the house.

"Hey wait, what is that suppose to mean?? Frankie? Wh----?" He groaned loudly and looked around, "Aw, damn! I always get the messy jobs." He looked around and pulled his hat lower. He took a deep breath and walked into the clearing, pretending to be a part of the crowd. Without anyone looking, Aaron ran over to the Coroners Van and pressed himself against the side, taking a couple of short breaths. Breathing hard he began to walk toward the back. He shrieked and flew back when two police officers walked past him, muttering something to each other. Aaron closed his eyes and wished he had the power to be invisible. He pressed himself against the side, hoping they wouldn’t see him. He slowly
opened up one eye and sighed in relief when they didn't notice him. He let out a loud sigh and leaned up against the side of the van. Suddenly it felt like the ground gave away and he felt himself falling. Although it didn’t look like he was falling on the ground, but to his surprise he was falling inside of the van. He let out shriek when he landed on the cold floor of the Van. His breathing became fast and ragged. He looked around with wide eyes. He quickly got up and blocked the door with a long wooden rode he found standing in the corner of the van. He let out a long breath and whipped his hand across his forehead. He licked his dry lips as he looked at the white sheet covering up the body bag. He gave a shudder when he thought about what was underneath it.

" Okay if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it now." He told himself. He rubbed his hands together and walked toward the stretcher and stood right beside it. He bit his lips and moved the sheet back, exposing a black body bag underneath.

" Oh man....." He whined, not really wanting to do what he had to do. With shaky hands he grabbed the black zipper and slowly began to unzip the body bag. When he got it all the way unzipped, he reached up for the top, but stopped and hesitated for a short period of time. Finally he opened up the bag, that held Kaci Brown. He gasped and nearly gagged on the foul smell she produced.

"Damnit." He wiped his eyes and looked back in the bag, "Oh Kaci." He opened the bag all the way, exposing her entire body. He stopped what he was doing and stared off into space. Now he really was going to panic! 'I can possess people? How the hell am I suppose to do that? I don't know how!' He thought, panicking. He took a deep breath and started to pace the floor.

"Okay...calm down Aaron. You can figure this out. Your a Carter. Carter's are smart…..some what. Just depends on who you ask. Okay, focus. Just think. Think, think, think, think, think." He rested his head on his forehead and thought hard. He let out a loud groan and started to whine, "Come on!" He went back over to Kaci and held his hands out.

" Okay, possess." He waved his arms above her, " Possess. Do something!” He growled in frustration and looked up, "A little help here please?" He pleaded toward the heavens. He was getting ready to say something else when he suddenly frowned, "Oh why the hell am I asking you guys? I went to hell when I died." He clapped his hands together and rubbed them, trying to figure out something. Anything. Just as he did that, he became light headed and swayed back and forth for a few seconds.

" What the hell?" He rubbed his forehead and shook his head, confused on why he felt so dizzy. He looked at Kaci and let out a sigh, "Kaci you don't deserve this. You didn't do anything wrong. We all didn't." Aaron went to place a hand on the side table when his hand suddenly grabbed only air. He let out a shriek and fall to the floor.

" Ow....what the hell was that??" He looked up at the table he was going to lean on. What made him fall? He didn't slip. He just leaned over for support. Did he just go through that too? Confused, he slowly stood up and stared at the table. He focused on a needle hanging off a tray. He licked his lips and reached up for the needle. Closer and closer he came to it. He stopped just inches from it. Finally he closed the opening, between him and the needle. His mouth and eyes went wide, instantly when his fingers touched nothing but air. His hand was going through it! Going through everything. It was like he was a ghost.....a spirit. ' Is this the trigger?' He thought to himself. He smirked and hovered up on top of the stretcher and looked down onto Kaci.

" I guess it's now or never Kaci. Forgive me." He took a deep breath and lowered himself on top of her and slipped his spirit inside of her.

Kacis’ eyes snapped open, revealing nothing but white a hole. She sat up and got off the stretcher. Without anyone noticing, she slipped out side and suddenly shape shifted into ground, crawling her way toward the house.

********************

Frankie stood in the living room, reading over a very suspicious newspaper clipping. He shook his head and shoved it in his pocket. He was unaware that a mysterious figure was moving in behind him.

" Frankie?" A groggily voice came from behind. Frankie snapped his head up and whirled around.

" Aaron---WHOA!" His eyes went wide and he became very still, " Is that you, Aar?"

" Uh...yeah....I guess so." Frankie stared at Kaci's burnt body. He swallowed hard, feeling his body let go of the tension that it bared.

“Geez, I though you were someone else. You scared the shit out of me.” Frankie shook his head and narrowed his eyes at “Kaci”, “So um…can you get out of her now, dude?”

" Um...this would help....how?" Aaron/Kaci said. His voice almost sounded like nails on a chalk board.

" I don't know. How did you get in her?"

Aaron/Kaci shrugged, " I just slipped my body inside of her. And sort of became her you know. I'm voice is started to sound weird too"

Frankie nodded, “Yeah, you‘re about to make me go deaf. Just slip your body back out of her. It can't be that hard."

"Do me a favor and keep your opinions to yourself." Aaron/Kaci sighed heavily. A groan escaped from his mouth as the body started to shake uncontrollably. Frankie took several steps back, his eyes wide. Frankie was about to say something, but all of a sudden Aarons spirit slipped from Kaci's body, sending her crashing to the floor.

Frankie rolled his eyes, “Luckily nobody heard that.” He said underneath his breath.

"Well, that wasn't too hard." Aaron shook his head and stood up, "Remind me to never possess a dead person again. It's kind of hard to walk in one. They don’t corporate well.”

Frankie rolled his eyes once more, feeling his patience grow weak, "That's nice. Now will you stop running your mouth and help me look!"

“Okay okay...." Aaron looked around and darted up the stairs.

********************

A couple of minutes later, Aaron came walking down the stairs holding a magazine and smirking to himself.

" Did you find anything?" Frankie asked him, his back turned.

" Oh yeah...." Aaron answered him.

"What is it?" Frankie said ,turning around. A blank look appeared on his face, " What are you looking at?"

"A perfect view."

"What?" Frankie walked over and snatched the magazine out of his hand.

"Hey, give it back!" Frankie stared at the magazine then looked at Aaron.

" As much as I would love to look, do you really think we have time for this?" Frankie said holding up the magazine.

Aaron snatched it back, "Hey, just because I'm dead, doesn't mean I still can't look at naked women. It‘s my pleasurable off time."

"Yeah, when you were still alive. Can you look at it when we get home? We got work to do, now put Miss Betty Boobs away now, please." Frankie told him. Aaron sighed.

" Alright already......just one more look!" He quickly opened the magazine and took a one last look.

Frankie groaned, "Aaron...."

Aaron smiled upon the naked chicks for a few seconds," Okay I'm done. For now" He placed the magazine in his back pocket, and joined Frankie on the couch. Frankie sat there quietly for a few minutes, starring down at his hands. He took a deep breath and slowly reached into his pocket. He pulled out the newspaper clipping and placed in his lap. He then turned and looked at Aaron.

" I found something. Something earlier, before you came in." Frankie began.

" What was it?"

Frankie sighed, "It was a clipping from a newspaper. It wasn't really a clue about Kaci's murder, but ours. There was something in there that caught my eye. I'm going to show it to Jesse when we get back but, Aaron, I think your predictions about Alexa is true. That she never died."

Aaron blinked. "You believe me?"

"I'm beginning too." He gave him a small smile and looked down at his hands.

Aaron frowned and sighed. "You know what?"

"What?"

"After you died, Stevie began to accuse Jesse of killing us." Aaron said, biting his lip.

"Are serious?" Aaron nodded, "Why?"

" Just something he said. And....he pulled a knife on me, when he found out I was having an affair with Alicia. I seriously thought he was going to kill me. Actually to be honest I'm the one that started to accuse him, because of what he did, it got me really scared and I didn't know what to do or think."

Frankie shook his head, "I'm sorry man. I wish I was alive longer to help you out. I’m sorry."

" It's okay. So am I"

" HEY, WHOSE'S IN THERE?" A loud voice rang through the air. Frankie and Aaron jumped up from the couch and through their arms around each other.

" What is that?!"

" Oh shit!"

"Take Kaci! Go! Go!" Frankie grabbed a hold of Kaci and blinked out of there. Aaron looked around for a possible place to hide. He looked up and flew up to the top of the entertainment center, just in time as Mr. Brown came into the room. Aaron looked down at him as he slowly shape shifted into the wall. After he was gone, Aaron quickly jumped off the entertainment center and got out of there as fast as he could. He ran all the way to the car and climbed in. Just as he began to start it, he saw a dark figure standing at the end of the road staring at him. His breathing picked up faster and faster. He turned the key, but nothing happened.

" Oh come on." He tried it again, but the car still wouldn't start, " Damnit! Jesse has so much money and he makes me drive this piece of shit. I need to get a LAM for this kind of job." He punched the steering wheel and looked back into the distance. The figure was gone.

" Damn. Where the hell is he?"