- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Update Finally!

Kaci Brown’s chest heaved up and down from her hard breathing. Her eyes are wide and her body shook slightly from fright.

"Oh my God...." She choked out, slowly moving back away from them. Stevie slowly stood up, holding his hands up in order to tell her he meant no harm.

"Kaci, it's okay. J--just listen to us for a second, okay? Let me explain....."

Frankie stood up, "Nah uh, back down Cujo. I brought her in, I'll do it." He grabbed Stevie by the shoulder and pushed him back down on the couch. Stevie nodded and stayed silent. Frankie gave Kaci a soft look and kneeled down in front of her. Kaci gasped silently and shrunk back when Frankie got closer to her.

"Kaci, I need you to listen to me very carefully, okay? I know you’re confused and scared. I mean I don't blame you...."

"You’re dead!" She shot out.


Frankie sighed and moved to where he was sitting on his feet, “Yeah, don’t remind me.” Frankie grumbled.

"What are you guys, man-eating zombies or something?" Kaci squeaked. The others glanced at each other.

"Uh.....no. No, not really. Well...Lindsay tried to eat Allison yesterday if you want to count that." Frankie said snickering. Allison shot him a dirty look.

"Hey, the left side of my ass is still missing thank you very much."


Kaci shook her head in dismay, "I'm outta here!" She got up and ran toward the door.

Jesse shot up from the couch, "Wait Kaci....!" He shouted out, his hand shooting out in front of him. As he did that he suddenly lost control of his power and he ended up blowing up the attic door. Kaci screamed and fell to the floor. Frankie stood up and glared at Jesse.

"Jesse, don't you realize you could've blown her up?" Frankie confronted him.

Jesse blinked and then shrugged, "I took a chance. At this point I don’t really give a damn if did or not.”


“Jesse, stop being an asshole and sit the fuck down.” Frankie hissed through his teeth.


Jesse narrowed his eyes and stepped closer to Frankie, “Call me an asshole again and the next thing I’m going to blow up will be you.”


“Stop it both of you.” Lindsay hissed putting herself in between them to keep them from really tearing into each other. Of course they may try later.

"Who are you people?" Kaci whispered her voice barely recognizable.

"If you just stay calm and listen to us, we will explain everything." Hilary said as calmly as she could. Kaci took a deep breath and stood up, wrapping her arms around herself. Jesse groaned loudly and pushed Lindsay away from him. She opened her mouth to say something but thought against. She shut her mouth and sat back down on the couch. Jesse kicked a piece of splintered piece of wood out of his way as he walked toward the destroyed door.

"Excuse me, where are you going?" Frankie asked, taking a few steps after him.

Jesse stopped and looked at him, "Um...it's a little crowded up here. So I'm going to go downstairs and watch Scooby Doo."

"Jesse, come on now man. Don’t do this.“ Frankie said, soberly.

Jesse turned sharply and threw his hands up in the air, "Frankie this is your fucking mess! You’re the one that had to bring her back here! You explain this to her." He stepped over the mess he made and stormed downstairs. Frankie sighed and walked up to Kaci.

"Give me your hand." He whispered. Kaci stared at him.


“Hey, does Kaci not know that she’s dead?” Allison whispered to Amanda. Amanda smirked and remained silent.

"Please. Kaci, you have to trust me. I won't hurt you." Kaci looked down at Frankie's extended hand then back up at him. She sighed and slowly placed her hand in his. He gave her a small smile and lifted up her hand. He placed it up on her chest and held it there for a few seconds.

"Now, tell me…what do you feel?" Kaci was silent for awhile, listening. Her eyes widened and her breathing came faster and faster.

"Frankie.....I can’t.....I can’t feel my heart beating.”


"That’s because you’re dead, bitch!” Chris called from his spot on the chair. Alicia grabbed his lips and closed his mouth.

"Easy on the details, Chris."


Amanda leaned closer to Allison, “She does now.” Amanda said. Allison snickered.

Kaci shook her head, "No. No, this can't be happening. I have to get home!"

"Kaci, you’re not going anywhere!" Frankie grabbed her by the arms and pulled her closer to him. "You were just killed and we need to know who did it! You need to trust us. We need your help." Kaci sighed and looked up at him with guilty eyes.

"I don't know who it was,” Kaci answered. Frankie closed his eyes and hung his head in defeat. “I couldn't even see his face. He was dressed all in black. That's all I know. I’m sorry."

Frankie sighed and nodded. "It's okay. Thanks for telling us. “ He said, then he suddenly thought of something, “Wait.....did you say he was in black?"

Kaci nodded, "Yeah."

"All...black? Like pitch black? No skin showing?"

"Yeah,”

Frankie raised his eye brows and looked back at the others, "He wore black, yo.” He whispered.

"What’s your fucking point?" Lindsay mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"Kent wore black when he killed us." Frankie rushed out.

"Who's Kent?" Kaci asked, slowly sitting down next to Hilary. She scooted a couple of spaces over toward the end of the couch. Kaci still felt insecure about everything that was happening and Hilary’s gaze was not helping much.

"Kent Miller...he's the one who murdered us." Amanda told her.


Kaci nodded, “All of you?”


“Except one of us.” Alicia whispered.


Kaci blinked a couple of times, “Who are you?”


Alicia gapped, “Uh, I’m Jesse’s…or was Jesse’s…no I am Jesse’s significant…other.” She said stumbling over her words.


“And Aaron’s lover,” Chris added.


Alicia shot a piercing glare at him. “Speak one more word and you’re going in the garbage.” She hissed. She saw the others staring at her and she let out a nervous laugh, “Severed heads. They’re such jokers.” She smiled, patting Chris hard on the head. Then, Chris let out a piercing screech as Alicia’s fingernails dug into his head.


“Ow, ow, ow! I’ll kick your ass!” Chris threatened.


“Is that a promise?” Alicia snickered.


Chris glared at her, “You just wait girl. I’ll have legs some day.”


Alicia snorted, “Right.”


“Awkward…” Lindsay sang.


“So, who didn’t he kill?” Kaci asked getting back on track.


Stevie raised his hand but didn’t say anything, “Who killed you then?” Kaci asked.


Stevie shrugged, “I really don’t know.” He narrowed his eyes in Frankie’s direction and then stood up.

"You think it was Kent don’t you?”

"Well----" Frankie started, but was cut off by Stevie’s aggravation.

"Don’t give me that bullshit, Frank. Aaron killed his ass! It has to be the one who was helping him. Aaron did say that there were two killers, you know."

"Fine, if Kent is really dead, then why the fuck did we have to come back here?! The guy who signed us this mission was to kick some killer ass and there’s no killer to kick!!" Frankie yelled in frustration.

"Yeah and he also said we had to protect the others too, Frankie!!!" Stevie yelled back at him, getting up in his face. Amanda and Allison stood up and pulled Stevie away from him.

"Whoa, easy Stevie. You don't want to turn into Cujo again do you?" Stevie and Frankie glared at each other, both breathing hard. Frankie took a deep breath and tried to calm himself down.

"You’re right. He did say that. But....he also said to get our killer too. You were there, Stevie. You heard him. Don't deny it."

Stevie shook his head, "I'm not denying anything. Maybe he meant....their killer. Not ours." Frankie blinked a couple of times and sighed.

"Fine. It's their killer! Happy now?!" He yelled.

"Frankie, stop it! That's enough!" Alicia yelled grabbing his arm and pushing him a little. Frankie glared at her. Alicia returned the favor and glared back at him.

"You know what? We came here to do a fucking job; to save these innocents. To save our friends. When Kent was out hunting us he killed everybody in three days flat. It's been three and a half days now and only Kaci is dead! He's just messing with us. This guy wants us to fail. For the last three and a half days we have been doing nothing but sitting on our asses and bitching at each other! It's not going get us anywhere!”


“Actually, Jesse’s the one that’s been bitching at all of us.” Hilary mentioned.


“Shut it!“ Stevie growled. Hilary clamped her mouth closed and remained silent. “Look, I don't know if you guys care if everyone lives or dies but I do! Our job is to go out and find them, bring them back here, and lock them up safe so that fucker can't get to them. And then go out and track down his mother fucking ass and slice and dice him so we can go home!" Frankie swallowed hard and looked down, "I want to go home. We’re dead......we don't belong here, not anymore.” Frankie sniffed, “It was my idea but Kaci, I’m sorry I brought you into this. It’s not fair for you to still be here.”


“Frankie, don’t apologize. You guy’s brought me back to get some answers and I’m sorry I couldn’t give you any, but I’m here to help you as much as I can.” Kaci said giving him a warm smile. Frankie nodded and returned the smile.


Hilary stood up and gave him a hug, "Frankie, how do you know the others aren’t already getting killed as we speak?"

"Because, I get some kind of an attack. A stabbing in my heart when someone is hurt, dying or already dead. And I know who it is at that exact moment. I got my first one when me and Aaron were on our way to Kaci's. It‘s hard to explain the feeling. I guess it‘s a part of my power. " Frankie said shrugging his shoulders.

"All we need to do is calm down and think about this...." Chris said.

"We thought about it long enough Chris. It's time to take action. But we can't do it without Aaron. Or Jesse," Frankie swallowed hard, thinking about Aaron's whereabouts and if there was anything anyone could do to get through Jesse.

"It's been an hour. I hope he didn't get caught." Alicia sniffed and rocked back and forth on her heals.

"I hope he didn't get caught either." Frankie whispered, walking toward the attic window. The rest of the group sat back down and rested their heads back on the couch. Alicia gazed upon Frankie, her right leg shaking nervously. She stood up and walked up next to him.


“Do you think he’s going to be okay?” Alicia whispered.


Frankie shook his head, “I don’t know. Aaron’s full of mystery sometimes.”


“No, I’m talking about Jesse.”


Frankie glanced at her, “Oh. I don’t know. You’re his girlfriend, what do you think?”


“What the hell does that have to do with any of this, Frankie?”


Frankie took a deep breath, “I'm sorry. Alicia, I’m freaking out. Jesse is losing it and losing control of his powers too. Look, I know where he’s coming from, I really do. I understand what he’s feeling. He didn’t want to come back here, none of us did. His mood swings are giving me whip lash though. He’s taking it out on everyone else and to be completely honest it’s not helping. We need him. We can’t do this without him.”


“I know, Frank.” Alicia said placing her head on his shoulder, “Did you ever think that maybe Jesse is scared too and doesn’t know what to do either?”


“Is that even possible? Jesse always seems to know what to do.”


Alicia chuckled, “That’s because he’s such a good actor.”


Frankie smiled, “Point taken, sister. I think we all need to put our heads together. Remember, two heads are better than one. But before we do anything, we need Aaron.”


“Agreed. We’ll give him another hour and if he’s not back when the hour is up, we’ll both go looking for him. “


Frankie nodded, “We’ll retrace our steps. Start back at the Brown’s house and go from there. Aaron wouldn’t be stupid enough to be soaring through the sky for kicks, at least not right now. Not when Jesse is so pissed off.”


“Yeah, Jesse always has to get the last word in when it comes to Aaron. It’s always been like that, even when they were still alive.”


“It may not seem like it now, but Aaron and Jesse are best friends. I guess that’s Jesse’s way of looking out for him.” Frankie said, staring out into the sky. Alicia gave Frankie a sweet kiss on the cheek and turned to go sit back down.


“We’ll figure it out.” Frankie whispered.


“Yeah, we will.” Alicia whispered back.

Frankie leaned up against the window seal and placed his forehead against the cold glass, "Damnit Aaron, where are you?"